Back to The Addicted Brain

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Addicted Brain by Emory University

This is a course about addiction to drugs and other behaviors. It will describe what happens in the brain and how this information helps us deal with and overcome addiction. It will also discuss other topics such as government policy and our vulnerability to take drugs....

CP

Apr 02, 2018

I learned a lot from this course that I have been able to use in a ministry capacity. If you are trying to help others with addiction or understand it for yourself, this is the course for you.

AN

Mar 30, 2017

This course is truly wonderful, many intellectual mind-opening surprises... for example I almost fell out of my chair when I learned of vaccinations development effort to counter addiction.

51 - 75 of 330 Reviews for The Addicted Brain

By german e

Nov 23, 2019

Excelente curso, les felicito por el profesionalismo del Dr. el cual es una eminencia en este tema, muchas gracias.

NOTA: como puedo comunicarme con relaciones públicas de la universidad de Emory

By Christy P

Apr 02, 2018

By Jaime R

Apr 08, 2018

Great course on the effects on drugs for the brain. Great for me and will have my children go for it as soon as they are old enough. The professor's commitment to harm reduction is touching

By Abraham N

Mar 30, 2017

By Cody J K

Jun 29, 2016

Helped me understand why my left my family for a life of meth addiction. I am thankful that it has reduced my stress and anger ove3 what she has done. even a small amount of understanding

By Thomas H

Jul 29, 2017

very comprehensive insight into brain functions and their impairment through drug use, together with useful hints on how to deal with the phenomenon and how to help those in need

By Angel M P

Apr 20, 2018

Un excelente curso, muy completo muy didáctico y abordó varios temas con gran prundidad lo recomiendo como herramienta básica parta los que d les interesa el tema de las drogas

By Sami H

Aug 22, 2016

This is a very well structured, very well explained course. It gives an original insight into the workings of the human mind, and how substances can impact it in various ways.

By Mukhilarasan R

Jul 05, 2016

The course taught me a lot about how brain gets addicted, What happens in our body after taking drugs, why the test and screen for drugs designed in particular way, etc.

By Heather B

Jul 20, 2018

This was an extremely interesting course. Dr. Kuhar does a phenomenal job of diving into the mechanisms and complexities of addiction and what happens to the brain.

By Prajwal S S

Nov 08, 2015

Addiction is not only about smoking and alcohol and drugs, its way way beyond that and thanks to Dr. Michael Kuhar and the Emory university for revealing it to me.

By Gina B

Sep 22, 2015

Excellent course! Professor is enthusiastic about the subject and conveys this to the students. Great course for grappling with the issues created by addiction.

By Mailene T

May 16, 2019

I´m a PsyD student, and I am very grateful for this course. It´s helping me a lot to review all the material and to answer a few doubts. Highly recommended.

By Marco S

Jan 16, 2016

A fun, informative course with a lot of information about various addictions, the science thereof, and their impact on society. Highly recommended to all.

By Ali M M

Oct 11, 2019

This course help me a lot to understand the phenomenon of Addiction. Thank you course era for such a great platform provided to Student. Thank you again.

By Gustavo P C J

Nov 20, 2018

Dr. Kuhar was able to deliver a wide view of the subject in a short course. I had some background on the subject and I still think it was worth taking.

By Jakub P

Jan 18, 2017

Very informative, though I would recommend getting a little background on how the brain works in general, it will help you get more out of this course.

By Nazanin K

Aug 12, 2015

The lecturer explains the facts really good and determined! as someone who English is her second language it is really easy to understand the material.

By Maria T H S d l B

Jun 13, 2016

Thank you for this course, professor Kuhar. I really appreciate the organization and the contents. I appreciate your deeply interest for this subject.

By Sarah G

Oct 24, 2019

Very comprehensive and well-delivered course- would definitely recommend to anyone hoping to learn more about addiction and the mechanisms behind it!

By Ritu S

Sep 03, 2017

i cannot really pay for the course.need financial help.hoping for a positive response

i want to enrolll in this course because i find it interesting.

By Abdelrahman M F E

Jun 24, 2018

it is a wonderful course, nut it has only one problem is it doesn't vary in its questions. the questions in the lectures is same in the quizzes.

By Aldo R M

Jul 22, 2016

To the point, very appealing and the professor I amazing! I have been getting so much useful information and details about the brain of addicts.

By Casey L '

Sep 07, 2015

I am absolutely loving this course. The lecturer is extremely thorough in his explanations. Thank you so much for giving me this opportunity. 😊

By Anik M

Sep 24, 2017

Excellent course; Michael Kuhar presented the information in an easy-to-understand manner and I learned lots about addiction from this MOOC.