Back to The Addicted Brain

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Addicted Brain by Emory University

This is a course about addiction to drugs and other behaviors. It will describe what happens in the brain and how this information helps us deal with and overcome addiction. It will also discuss other topics such as government policy and our vulnerability to take drugs....

CP

Apr 02, 2018

I learned a lot from this course that I have been able to use in a ministry capacity. If you are trying to help others with addiction or understand it for yourself, this is the course for you.

AN

Mar 30, 2017

This course is truly wonderful, many intellectual mind-opening surprises... for example I almost fell out of my chair when I learned of vaccinations development effort to counter addiction.

126 - 150 of 328 Reviews for The Addicted Brain

By Maureen R

Jul 07, 2018

Very interesting course. I learned about brain chemistry in relation to addiction.

By Marco S

Jan 16, 2016

A fun, informative course with a lot of information about various addictions, the science thereof, and their impact on society. Highly recommended to all.

By Paul B

Oct 07, 2015

An extreamly interesting and enlightening course. The instructor, professor Kuhar, is an incredible lecturer with very pleasurable voice and amicable attitude. The topics of drugs and addiction is discussed on many levels, from phisiology to societal changes. I would certainly recommend this course to anyone who wish to better understand the problem of addiction because of either personal reasons or academic interest.

By Ariel J A Z

Apr 07, 2016

Excelent

By Qianyi O

Sep 23, 2015

I did this course last year, since I had psychological knowledge so it was not too hard to understand all the concepts. What really attracts me is the forum, I just tried to post my question about assignment at forum, then quickly got a reply from my peer, from then on, I started to participate on forum discussion and did learn a lot. So, come to join us!

By Jakub P

Jan 18, 2017

Very informative, though I would recommend getting a little background on how the brain works in general, it will help you get more out of this course.

By Heather L

Jul 30, 2017

Very informative and well presented. Learned a lot. Thanks!

By Jaime M D

Jun 21, 2017

i love this course

By Enrique V R

Dec 27, 2015

Excellent course!

By Malhar V

Apr 14, 2017

Very good course. Opened a window to the world of addiction.

By ROBERTO T

Dec 14, 2015

H

By A. T

Feb 01, 2016

Excellent introductory course. It is very useful that it can be completed at the student's own pace.

By Braulio F d C

Oct 07, 2016

This course is very clarifying and informative. The lecturer is charismatic and didactic.

By Mary J N C

Mar 21, 2017

The Addicted Brain provided me the foundation to have the conviction to be at the frontier of a community owned initiative to help the Philippines War on Drugs. The Harm Reduction Principle is the applied principle with Magnesium Mineral as agent for detoxification to address SAWS. As a Naturopath Doctor, I have been using Minerals in treating variety of ailments of my patients. Among these minerals is an End Stage Renal Failure case for dialysis which was cleared "NO DIALYSIS NEEDED" by his Physician after his Minerals Therapy. Others are symptoms of Substance Abuse Withdrawal Syndrome due to other health conditions such as Insomnia, Depression, Involuntary Muscle Movement, Muscles Pain, Anxiety, Brain Fog, Pins and Needles, and others.

The Addicted Brain Course is a must course for those who are working in the field of Drug Addiction.

By Pat C

Oct 05, 2015

Great course. I liked the deadline notification option. I also liked the opportunity to complete work at my own pace with the final deadline the end of the course. With my busy schedule, this option was wonderful and allowed me to complete all of the assignments for credit.

By Shoola D

Sep 06, 2015

Interesting and mind-opening course. Enjoying it!

By Weiliang P

Oct 09, 2015

really good and practical course

By Hamdy E

Jun 09, 2017

very good lecturer. made the subject easier to master.

By JANDER T D O

Aug 09, 2015

Awsome course

By Helen F

Sep 25, 2015

The individual course topics were evenly distributed and presented in a meticulous, thorough, as well as elaborate manner. The lecturer was inviting and encouraging, whereas the technical specifications of the video lectures and quizzes were exceptionally good. In overall, the ''Addicted Brain'' course positively predisposes me towards opting for more courses provided and sponsored by the Emory University.

By Ahmed M A A K

Sep 13, 2015

very useful & I enjoy it !

By Alyse R

Jul 31, 2017

Great course. It will definitely help me with the course I teach to 10th graders with a unit regarding drug addiction.

By Angela T

Jun 02, 2016

I am a graduate student of counseling. This course added a dimension to my coursework and future career that was both needed and very much appreciated. Ideas are broken-down into understandable portions. It is helpful to have some knowledge of how neurons work and terms associated therein.

By Stacey

May 13, 2016

Excellent course!

By nicky g

Sep 24, 2015

Really enjoyed this course very informative