Back to The Addicted Brain

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Addicted Brain by Emory University

This is a course about addiction to drugs and other behaviors. It will describe what happens in the brain and how this information helps us deal with and overcome addiction. It will also discuss other topics such as government policy and our vulnerability to take drugs....

CP

Apr 02, 2018

I learned a lot from this course that I have been able to use in a ministry capacity. If you are trying to help others with addiction or understand it for yourself, this is the course for you.

AN

Mar 30, 2017

This course is truly wonderful, many intellectual mind-opening surprises... for example I almost fell out of my chair when I learned of vaccinations development effort to counter addiction.

201 - 225 of 319 Reviews for The Addicted Brain

By MARTINE J

Jul 01, 2018

This course was absolutely great, somehow sometimes difficult because I am not english native and neither in a medical field. All the knowledge I discovered is so interesting! And it also helps to open one's mind to see drug addiction and drug users with an other point of view! Thank so much for the quality of your course. Martine

By Taiki K

May 06, 2017

A general introductory course on the biological basis of drug addiction. It is very well-explained, with supporting graphs and animations, which facilitate the understanding of the phisiological mechanisms. At the same time, the lectures raise thought-provoking questions and encourage the student to continue exploring many different areas of research around the vast world of drug addiction at a biological, personal, or social level. Fascinating and instructive.

By Anik M

Sep 24, 2017

Excellent course; Michael Kuhar presented the information in an easy-to-understand manner and I learned lots about addiction from this MOOC.

By Joey K

Aug 28, 2017

A

By Mauricio A

Nov 29, 2017

muy facil de entender, con buenas bases bibliograficas

By Adriana B d A

Apr 09, 2017

I learnt so much about addiction and what it does to the brain...I wish I known this since I was a teen. I have been sharing my learning with my family and friends and looking forward to helping my community in this aspect. Thank you ever so much for such valuable AND LIFE SAVING INFORMATION!

By Estefanie A G L

Jul 28, 2017

Muy bueno!!

By Ritu S

Sep 03, 2017

i cannot really pay for the course.need financial help.hoping for a positive response

i want to enrolll in this course because i find it interesting.

By Edgar C G

Mar 16, 2018

It is a general but interesting view of addiction, the most important thing for me was the topic about clearing out the stigma

By luis c

Sep 07, 2017

very good course !!

By pauline J J

Feb 23, 2018

Great review and I learned many new things that are useful to me as a provider, teacher, mom and friend.

By Patrick O

Dec 07, 2017

The quizzes tested the material really well and I thought the lectures were well done and didn't seem to go over my head.

By Abdelrahman M F E

Jun 24, 2018

it is a wonderful course, nut it has only one problem is it doesn't vary in its questions. the questions in the lectures is same in the quizzes.

By Alison S

Apr 23, 2018

Thanks for such an interesting course. I found it very relaxing to study also : )

By PRANAY D

Aug 22, 2017

I am really very happy with the course and the way my professor has taught me . I came to know a lot of new things and im glad to be a step further than my friends . I definatly suggest my friends also

thanking you

By Robert W D

Sep 13, 2017

Well done, introductory level course on addiction. Some of the quiz answers are actually incorrect as they stand.

By Angel M P

Apr 20, 2018

Un excelente curso, muy completo muy didáctico y abordó varios temas con gran prundidad lo recomiendo como herramienta básica parta los que d les interesa el tema de las drogas

By Zeinab F

Apr 29, 2019

Really enjoyed it. I hope they make a second course for a more advanced level.

By Mailene T

May 16, 2019

I´m a PsyD student, and I am very grateful for this course. It´s helping me a lot to review all the material and to answer a few doubts. Highly recommended.

By Daiane M D

May 21, 2019

Very good material! It was very useful to me as psychologist and as researcher.

By todd s

May 22, 2019

Very good course.

By John A

Jun 03, 2019

One of the most thorough and enlightening courses I have taken.

By Andrés F C A

Jun 22, 2019

Muy buen curso, aprendes de manera interactiva sobre cómo funciona el cerebro humano relacionado con las adicciones. El cerebro es un complejo órgano con muchas "drogas naturales" que nos permite la supervivencia

By adilahshahid@gmail.com

Jun 29, 2019

Excellent course. I learned a great deal. Outstanding instructor!

By Gita E

Jul 05, 2019

This course is amazing and well-taught by a wonderful emeritus professor. As someone interning at the ER from 7-5 PM every weekday, the course load for this course is not unbearable. I was able to complete at least 4-5 videos every day while at the ER. Now that I have completed the course, I have a better understanding of how addiction precautions can be applied at the ER.