Back to ADHD: Everyday Strategies for Elementary Students

Learner Reviews & Feedback for ADHD: Everyday Strategies for Elementary Students by University at Buffalo

This course will provide an overview of ADHD diagnosis and treatment. Course participants can expect to learn about ADHD as a developmental disorder that begins early in childhood, and participants will also learn about evidence-based approaches for diagnosing ADHD. Following that, two evidence-based treatment approaches (the Daily Report Card and Parenting Strategies) will be introduced. (Note these course activities are informational and are not intended to replace working with a licensed/trained professional). Learning Objectives: Students will be able to identify the behaviors characteristic of ADHD, the components of a diagnosis, and evidence-based treatment procedures that can be used in the school or home. 1. Identify the key areas of functional impairment, symptom presentation, and diagnostic decision-making for youth with ADHD. 2. Develop a behavioral intervention suitable for treating ADHD in the school setting. 3. Apply effective parenting and teaching strategies for supporting youth with ADHD in the home, classroom, and neighborhood....

AB
Oct 19, 2020

Very easy to follow and informative course. Learned some things that I didn't know even though I have two children with ADHD. Would definitely recommend to parents who are wondering what they can do.

HK
Nov 1, 2017

I thoroughly enjoyed doing the course.Very interesting activities and quizzes. Lots of useful information and effective strategies for parents and teachers. Real hands on and practical suggestions.

76 - 100 of 510 Reviews for ADHD: Everyday Strategies for Elementary Students

By Anessah B

Oct 20, 2020

By Yasmin B

Feb 7, 2021

A great course to revisit and explore behaviour management strategies for children with ADHA and tip on how to develop a collective plan to achieve social and academic goals in the classroom.

By Clara N

Sep 14, 2018

It is a really well structured course, it gives useful information and several strategies to use both at home and at school. Recommended if you are a teacher or a parent with a kid with ADHD.

By Cathleen G

Apr 29, 2021

This course was clear and succinct. The information and concrete strategies, along with the wealth of resources have empowered my understanding and given me aids to reference in the future.

By Janki I

Sep 21, 2019

The course materials and videos are easy to understand. The behavioral interventions and the strategies are effective to work with children with ADHD especially DRC and its consequences.

By Manikanta K

Mar 23, 2019

Highly recommended for the teachers and parents who are facing issues with Attention Deficiency and Hyperactivity among the children. Learned lot of insights and intervention strategies.

By Jacob Z

Jul 24, 2020

Very informative! Lectures are succinct and helpful, with many good resources being shared. Only complaint is that a few of the linked resources go to pages that are no longer active.

By Eva C M G

Oct 20, 2019

Me gusto mucho todo lo que me aporto este curso, lo recomendaría sin problemas, a pesar de que no soy psicóloga las explicaciones y las clases eran muy claras e interesantes. gracias

By MILAGRO A

Aug 5, 2020

What a great course. This is my first course with Coursera, and It won't be the last one for sure. The materials are great and the Power points are very clear. Thank you very much.

By Raeesa E

Jun 7, 2020

Really enjoyed the course. I am a speech-therapist and I learnt some great information to incorporate into my therapy sessions and for feedback sessions with parents and teachers.

By Andy W

Nov 12, 2017

The course is well delivered and concise, has some great resources and references.

I would highly recommend it for anyone wanting to learn about ADHD or reinforce prior learning.

Jul 14, 2020

This has some great information, this gave me better understanding on what my son is going through. It gave me ideas on how to praise my child when he is doing good and provid

By Ursula S M

May 25, 2018

Very insightful and practical course. I learned a lot more about ADHD than in my college years. It's also an excellent course for parents and anyone in contact with ADHD kids.

By Aimee H

Apr 27, 2020

I learned so many different ways to increase my teaching of students with ADHD. I can not wait to implement when we are able to work with our students face to face again.

By Michelle E O

I learned a lot about ADHD and is willing to read a lot more on this subject. The strategies are also helpful as I understood more about why they are better techniques.

By Carmen D

May 23, 2020

The information is presented in an easy and clear format to follow. All the links extend on the topic and gives the student a great perspective from different authors.

By Megan B

Aug 9, 2020

As a special needs educator that works with children that has ADHD, this course has been very informative and eye-opening. Thank you for an informative and fun course!

By Matthew H

Oct 1, 2018

The course is very helpful. As an individual with ADHD and having a child with ADHD i recognize the value and truth much of the information that is being taught here.

By Fransiska I D S

Dec 29, 2017

The course was excellent. I learned lots of new information. More over, the course provided lots of resources, examples, template that can be used for ADHD students.

By Ilona H

Oct 12, 2020

Thank you very much!

Among the theoretical base I've recieved a lot of practical advices and techniques for richt parental behavior in coping with ADD / ADHD child!

By Michaela D S

Feb 16, 2018

Informative, Fairly quick yet still good information on how to help parents and teachers talk to ADHD kids. Helping them accomplish their goals with less friction.

By Ana T

Jun 12, 2020

excelente muy didáctico y completo

Los instructores son bien didácticos nos permite a identificar con facilidades dicha patología y dan herramientas para lo mismo

By Dr. D D

Nov 15, 2016

An useful course that will help caregivers understand how to deal with children having ADHD, to strategize for betterment, and to monitor progress and outcomes.

By Dorothy M

Mar 4, 2021

Very interesting course. I learned strategies that can be used in different setting to help regulate and decrease negative behaviours in children with ADHD.

By G

Feb 16, 2021

I learnt new info and strategies on ADHD. I now feel confident about starting my carrier supporting children with ADHD and ready to learn more along the way