Back to ADHD: Everyday Strategies for Elementary Students

Learner Reviews & Feedback for ADHD: Everyday Strategies for Elementary Students by University at Buffalo

This course will provide an overview of ADHD diagnosis and treatment. Course participants can expect to learn about ADHD as a developmental disorder that begins early in childhood, and participants will also learn about evidence-based approaches for diagnosing ADHD. Following that, two evidence-based treatment approaches (the Daily Report Card and Parenting Strategies) will be introduced. (Note these course activities are informational and are not intended to replace working with a licensed/trained professional). Learning Objectives: Students will be able to identify the behaviors characteristic of ADHD, the components of a diagnosis, and evidence-based treatment procedures that can be used in the school or home. 1. Identify the key areas of functional impairment, symptom presentation, and diagnostic decision-making for youth with ADHD. 2. Develop a behavioral intervention suitable for treating ADHD in the school setting. 3. Apply effective parenting and teaching strategies for supporting youth with ADHD in the home, classroom, and neighborhood....

AB
Oct 19, 2020

Very easy to follow and informative course. Learned some things that I didn't know even though I have two children with ADHD. Would definitely recommend to parents who are wondering what they can do.

HK
Nov 1, 2017

I thoroughly enjoyed doing the course.Very interesting activities and quizzes. Lots of useful information and effective strategies for parents and teachers. Real hands on and practical suggestions.

101 - 125 of 514 Reviews for ADHD: Everyday Strategies for Elementary Students

By G

Feb 16, 2021

I learnt new info and strategies on ADHD. I now feel confident about starting my carrier supporting children with ADHD and ready to learn more along the way

By Alena Š

Nov 11, 2019

I learned new methods to help me in the class with a child with adhd eg. notice the positives, create a daily report card, set a goal for positive behavior.

By Maimoona J A Q

Jul 27, 2019

Thank you so much. I t was a great learning experience and good exposure. Hope I good benefits out of this knowledge in my real life dealing with my Kids.

By Fernanda A P

Jul 24, 2020

awesome course. nice/easy material for beginners like me. I completed the course in less than 4 weeks, because it was super interesting! highly recommend!

By Sathishkumar r R M

This course video and material are very simple,again knowledge about Adhd not only parents children all suffering due to the causes and effect of Adhd

By Himani M

Apr 11, 2020

It was a cohesive course which was brief and yet it touched upon how parents, teachers, school community and family members can help the child achieve.

By Vasanthi G

May 22, 2018

It was a great course . I have learnt a lot of information about the ADHD and learnt the effective methods to modify the behavior of a child with ADHD.

By Katerina X

Feb 3, 2018

This course provided theoritical approach on ADHD but practical information on how to deal with the disorder in everyday life. I totally recommend it!

By Kelika G

Mar 30, 2020

All the information is really important to understand and help ADHD kids. It´s not just about the diagnosis, is too about treatment and daily pursuit

By Tea K

Sep 29, 2019

Short, but concise. Offered opportunities for me to view interactions from other perspectives, and modify my own behavior to help support ADHD child.

By Jay P D

May 13, 2020

The course is very helpful. It provided me a very good insight in understanding ADHD. It also directed me to helpful websites. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

By Erica C

Jun 7, 2021

This course was great! It definitely helped me change my views towards children with ADHD, and how I can better support the child and their family!

By Caroline v

May 2, 2018

Allot of information is covered in this course. I was able to easily understand what the meaning of ADHD is and what options are best for Students.

By Glenda M

Apr 1, 2019

Excelente curso, lo recomiendo totalmente, ha sido muy útil para mi y para mi familia, me proporcionaron herramientas necesarias para el día a día

By Margot K

Mar 17, 2021

It's a good and very instrumental course with practical tools every parent or teacher working with ADHD children/students can apply immediately.

By Tijana P

Feb 26, 2018

The course is very informative and it provides ideas ready to be used straight away. Also, it offers additional resources which are very useful.

By Alejandra g

Jun 11, 2020

its a wonderful course i learned much about adhd, i am from argentina and here there isnt variety courses and also are pay. thank you so much

By Ashutosh K

Jul 2, 2019

This is a great course and gives good understanding for ADHD and can be very helpful for parents and teachers who are dealing with ADHD kids.

By Lauren M

Very informative and engaging resources. A practical and hands on approach that has made me feel equipped in my dealings with ADHD children.

By B N

Jan 10, 2019

Thank you, Professor. You have done a good job

Thank you also for the Coursera platform which enabled me to follow the course of the course

By Luisa D S

Feb 2, 2018

I love it!!!!! Very professional and practical learning, I understood what ADHD is and how to manage kids with this disorder to flourish.

By EDGAR D

Aug 13, 2017

Very good, practical and interesting course to lear strategies to help my student and kids in general with TDAH, happy I took this course.

By Dalia I M

Jul 29, 2017

very very effective helpful handy content in a very considerable way it would help you a lot if you are studying social work or psychology

By Gilla B

Jun 23, 2017

I have a daughter who was diagnosed with ADHD and for the few hours I study I have learnt so much. I love this course. Thank you Coursera

By Seddik B

Aug 1, 2020

The course is so helpful in learning about ADHD. The videos are short, the quizzes are also well put. I highly recommend this courses.