Back to Advanced Competitive Strategy

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Advanced Competitive Strategy by Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München (LMU)

Advanced Competitive Strategy will introduce new topics and modules with even more real world examples and opportunities for student interaction than in the previous course Competitive Strategy (https://www.coursera.org/learn/competitivestrategy). In Advanced Competitive Strategy, we will look at how companies can build up and maintain their customer base by increasing switching costs and facilitating strategic customer lock-ins. We will find out how firms can increase their profits by pursuing suitable price discrimination and product differentiation strategies. We will look at examples of what is acceptable behavior under the premises of EU competition and US antitrust policies and discover exciting ways of how companies can increase their returns by strategically making use of network effects and economies of size. We will further intensify our newly acquired knowledge about network effects and discuss strategies that are explicitly tailored to network markets. We will analyze the workings of mergers and acquisitions and, moreover, support you in considering alternative strategies that can help companies grow organically....

AA
Feb 11, 2019

I like the game theory that used to explain competitive strategy. The lectures were interactive and quite challenging, which are important to keep the learner engaged and focused.

AD
Jun 30, 2017

Great course with relevant content and really useful strategic overview of business strategy. Enjoyed Prof. Kretschmer's innovative teaching style and the breadth of the syllabus.

151 - 172 of 172 Reviews for Advanced Competitive Strategy

By 武利鑫

Dec 4, 2015

德国老师比较严谨,比起美国老师缺少幽默。课程还是非常精彩,内容很丰富,值得去认真学习

By Danilo N G

May 29, 2017

Well done. Clear and exceptionally teach!

By Gautam A

Oct 14, 2015

Very informative and I learned a lot

By Peter H

May 20, 2019

A great brush-up on competitiveness

By Alex S

Dec 21, 2015

Fascinating material. Thanks again!

By Dr.T.N.M.THARINNI M

Jul 9, 2020

Course is very useful us

By SHUBHAM B

By Alexander T

May 14, 2019

By Lesly J C B

Dec 5, 2016

The course was really great! The teacher explained excellent and the topics were very appropiate. However, when i finished the course i couldn't see the certificate of accomplishment at least; it never showed up :( And now when i click on the option "Buy the course" the page redirects me to an address which doesn't exist.

Despite of this, I enjoyed this course a lot, as the first one! Thanks a lot!

By Yash S

Jan 18, 2016

Honestly, for something that says "Advanced" in the title, I thought it was a little too basic. There isn't enough depth and a lot of it involves common sense. Perhaps a more case-study driven course would have been interesting with more qualitative, essay responses required rather than cut-and-dry multiple-choice.

By Lorenzo G

Sep 2, 2015

Nice addition to the "Competitive Strategy" course, although not as interesting and practical as the first part... Cases and current examples would have made this section much better.

Prof. Tobias Kretschmer ... 5 stars

Competitive Strategy . . . 5 stars

Advanced Competitive Strategy ... 3 stars

By Nikita P

Mar 19, 2016

Actually, the course should be titled as "Introduction Into Macroeconomics", I think. The course is fine, but I won't call it really "advanced" one. The structure and topic list is okay, but the depth is not enough to threat the course as "advanced".

By Maxime B

Sep 15, 2018

Interesting course but after "Competitive Strategy" I was expecting to go deeper. I felt it was like an add on... not sure I would advise to do the two for professionals (working people) The way the course was delivered was once again perfect!

By Rajan A

Jun 28, 2020

I don't think I learnt too much beyond course 1. I would request the professor to add more practical case studies. The course is highly theoretical and basic, through the exams are hard.

By Hoang L H

Dec 29, 2015

Overall, this is a good subject.

However, some slides are not well organized.

Many questions in assignment are too tricky.

By Rogerio d S O

Dec 25, 2019

Curso bem complexo e mas com bom conteúdo!!!

By Ivan V

Jul 16, 2017

Too theoretical.

By Nandhini.J

Very interested

By Vinnie A

Feb 26, 2019

It seemed this course was actually produced before the first course in the Specialization because it came across as slightly less quality; what I mean is, it seemed as if the producer was still "learning" how to do this compared with the other, which appeared better prepared. Additionally, I believe the explanations for the material presented in the slides could be better, rather than simply stating what appears on the slides, the professor should go into greater detail to explain them -- not just restate what's clearly shown. I should admit 'm more of a beginner to this subject matter, so maybe I'm biased as such, versus the intermediate learners whom the producer may be focused on. But I do think the courses can definitely be improved upon.

By Panos T

Dec 17, 2015

while the task of summing up a lot of information in a minimum sized presentation is always a very difficult task, the structure of the material presented was not optimal. This in turn made it difficult for me personally to actually connect the weekly information presented with the overall meaning and the objective of each module. The "why" and "how" of most modules fit to the meaning we are forming (up to week 5 -the point I am leaving this class) is not evident. Last, some of the questions contained ambiguities that could not be reasonably clarified even going back and reviewing the material of the specific segment. Thank you for the offered class in any case.

By Daniela d S M

Feb 24, 2021

Estoy muy agradecida por el hecho de que me otorgaran una beca pero los contenidos son muy básicos y no están estructurados de una manera práctica. Deseo que mi comentario no sea tomado a mal sino como una crítica constructiva. Les agradezco nuevamente la beca pero estaba buscando un curso mas avanzado con contenidos mas actualizados.

Atentamente