Back to Advanced Writing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Advanced Writing by University of California, Irvine

Course 3: Advanced Writing This is the third course in the Academic English: Writing specialization. By raising your level of academic writing, this course helps prepare you for college-level work. After completing this course, you will be able to: - plan and write a more sophisticated argument essay - identify plagiarism and explain how to prevent it - read and analyze several articles to form your own opinion on a topic - make connections between several articles - form thesis statements from your readings - use sources effectively when writing an essay Please note that the free version of this class gives you access to all of the instructional videos and handouts. The peer feedback and quizzes are only available in the paid version....

DB

Aug 17, 2016

An absolutely wonderful course! I learned a lot about advanced essay writing. I think it is a must-take course for those who are interested in writing academic and research essays!

UL

Oct 06, 2020

This is one of the most interesting course on Coursera. I'm really glad that I completed the course and earned a certificate. The videos and the PDF documents are very informative!

76 - 100 of 346 Reviews for Advanced Writing

By Moriyam A M

Good

By SHIPRA J

Jun 17, 2020

It was an informative course but I faced difficulties getting the certificate. Some like, the task for peer evaluation requires evaluating minimum 3 submissions but so many submissions weren't available.

Mar 17, 2020

I am unable to get certificate as peer reviews are not done because there are no submissions from anyone.

By Keita K

Jul 16, 2020

I learned about the advanced writing principles in academic writing. This course gave me an important lesson in writing argument essays, including how to construct the argument essay, how to cite outside knowledge, what is plagiarism and why it is important, and how to form the essay in MLA style.

Actually, it was not easy for me to complete the class, but I could have appreciated the lessons I learned in the courses. Thanks to the course, I become confident in writing academic essays.

Again, thank you for your lessons.

Sincerely,

Keita Kitagawa

By Rabia K

Sep 07, 2020

This experience had been really great. Only through the online course of Advanced Writing, I could learn various facets of writing. Plagiarism being one, as it is one of the most misconstrued meanings in the world of the internet. From the bottom of my heart, I thank the instructor for explaining every step of academic writing very diligently. Feel honored to be a part of this community while learning million-dollar information.

By farahatunnisa c

Aug 29, 2020

Hi, first of all I would like to thank to our Jesuit institution, because through this only I had joined corsera.

After that, from this course I learnt so much means what is documented Essay, synthesis essay, how to write MLA format and how to write works cited everything so a big thank to Coursera and my teachers

By CPC076

Aug 23, 2020

I have learnt many about many subjects during the course, subjects I was completely ignorant of. Today I feel the knowledge I gained from this course,will definitely qualify me to better standards in the domain of professional writing. Thank you.

By Manosh C H

Jul 21, 2020

I highly recommend this course especially for college students who are willing to write research papers in the future. This course will show you the proper citation techniques and enhance your writing skills. Thank you coursera for this.

By Keithlyn S B

Jul 13, 2020

Through this course, I was able to enhance my discipline in academic writing. I have also learned more about plagiarism. It taught me how to be patient in writing my essays and in making sure that I write originally.

By Aisulu K

Jul 07, 2020

The course was extremely helpful as I learned and developed my writing, referencing and academic paper formatting skills. All activities, videos and readings were useful and engaging! Thank you for the course!

By Zeb

Aug 10, 2020

Thanks to the Coursera Team and the University of California, Irvine, for offering us such a pronounced learning opportunity. The course is perfect if you want to get familiar with proper citation.

Good luck

By Ugwu L

Oct 06, 2020

By Vivek S D

Oct 25, 2020

Wonderful course! I have benefitted a lot from the content of this course. If you want to hone your writing skill to the next level, this is the right course you can opt for.

By Manika S

Oct 02, 2020

The course really helped me to have a better understanding about academic writing. Being a research scholar I am sure that it will undoubtedly help me in writing my thesis.

By Sarban B

Oct 01, 2020

This course offers crucial tips on the method of writing academic essays. It will be very helpful for anyone confused about how to develop an academic style of writing.

By M. S S

Aug 06, 2020

Coursera is a very useful site to learn English Grammar. The amazing thing about it is that it offered very flexible time schedule to learn new things. Thanks Coursera.

By Narinder K

Apr 11, 2020

An outstanding course to learn how to develop plagiarism-free academic essays. Approach used by course instructors is truly engaging as well as inspiring.

By Wendy Z

Feb 27, 2018

This course is very beneficia,l as the writing requirements have become more academic-oriented. And it is consistent with the former two courses well.

By K.D.U.M. M

Jul 13, 2020

This course is a very helpful course.This helps to improve our writing skills as well as the right way to avoid plagiarism in our academic work.

By Abdul Q

Apr 04, 2020

It was an amazing experience for me. I loved the course and learned a lot of new stuff. Teaching method along with all the activities was fun.

By RIYA D S

Aug 11, 2020

Best course if you want to improve your writing skills. Really helpful. All the videos, practice exercises, and readings are just great.

By Messias M U

Feb 11, 2016

Advanced Writing is a course that challenges the best English learner. You apply what you've learned so far and things get more formal.

By Bobbili M L

Aug 25, 2020

This course has given me an in-depth knowledge about essay writing techniques and has helped me do better in my scholarly articles.

By Husam E A M I

Nov 10, 2018

this course bring the most of you, I mean really test your patients to write and that what every early-stage writer would need.

By Deepa K

Aug 04, 2020

This course teaches how to improve our essays and it also teaches types of essays. Very useful and very beneficial course too.