Back to Advanced Writing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Advanced Writing by University of California, Irvine

Course 3: Advanced Writing This is the third course in the Academic English: Writing specialization. By raising your level of academic writing, this course helps prepare you for college-level work. After completing this course, you will be able to: - plan and write a more sophisticated argument essay - identify plagiarism and explain how to prevent it - read and analyze several articles to form your own opinion on a topic - make connections between several articles - form thesis statements from your readings - use sources effectively when writing an essay Please note that the free version of this class gives you access to all of the instructional videos and handouts. The peer feedback and quizzes are only available in the paid version....

UL

Oct 06, 2020

This is one of the most interesting course on Coursera. I'm really glad that I completed the course and earned a certificate. The videos and the PDF documents are very informative!

DB

Aug 17, 2016

An absolutely wonderful course! I learned a lot about advanced essay writing. I think it is a must-take course for those who are interested in writing academic and research essays!

101 - 125 of 348 Reviews for Advanced Writing

By Previana P N

Aug 10, 2020

finally, i know the proper and steps to write an essay, especially the academic one. thank you so much for the instructions.

By Saleha A

Mar 21, 2018

This course has helped me a lot in understanding how to write academic documented essays. I would definitely recommend it.

By AS102

Mar 04, 2017

This is not an easy course, but once you finish it, your academic writing skills are going to improve considerably, Best!

By Ayanda T

Jul 04, 2020

This course was very useful because it taught me how to write academic essays since my course involves advanced writing.

By RAVI J

Oct 10, 2020

This course very helpful for the beginners, in essay , avoiding plagiarism and introduction to research paper writing .

By A. A K

Sep 13, 2020

Thank you so much for enlightening me on how to draft an effective essay. I was totally new to this and learnt so much.

By Tommy Q

Dec 22, 2015

I learn a lot from this class so far, but I'm having difficult for the Quiz, i know i should take some notes, hahaha

By Shramana M

Aug 27, 2020

I thoroughly enjoyed it and learnt a lot about different kinds of essays and using in-text citations. Very helpful.

By Paula C

Sep 29, 2020

This course helped me a lot to correct the common mistakes that I make because English is not my native language.

By Devyani J P

Sep 23, 2020

I always wanted to learn the various ways of writing and mastering the skills. I love how this course has it all.

By Anisajahanrani

Jul 10, 2020

I really appreciate Coursera. I've learned many essay and important parts which I never knew. Thank you Coursera.

By Edwin G C

Jul 07, 2020

I have learned a lot from this course. The instructions were very succinct and very technical at the same time.

By Akinola A

Feb 06, 2016

It is detailed, rigorous, and exciting! The teacher's presentations in video materials are interesting as well!

By George C M

Dec 21, 2015

Another well structured course that provided challenges to help impove essay writing techniques. Thanks you.

By Rosilene A

Dec 11, 2015

I am in love for this course, a lot of good information, practice activities, etc...

It is helping me a lot!

By Glauber A

May 13, 2016

I have learned a lot in this course. Ordinary English courses don't cover the topics we have studied here.

By Nimasi S P

Sep 01, 2020

I've learn to write a collage essay through this course. It was a great help for my studies. Thank you.

By Fausto G

Sep 08, 2016

Exellent course. You will learn the advanced skills for a better understanding of the English languaje.

By Ferdous K

Jul 09, 2020

This is a very useful and informative course, I had a blast doing it and I hope others will as well

By MaganSchwartz

Feb 19, 2018

This course helped me tremendously, as citing works and plagiarism is essential to academic writing

By Ali M

Apr 08, 2019

Very supportive content and it helped me alot in knowing about writing essays in different aspects

By Waqar A

Feb 08, 2020

This course really helped me while writing my masters thesis as degree requirement in university.

By Bandameedi S

Jul 18, 2020

Thank you for this course writing the essay in correct way is important i had learnt this skill

By Sayed S S

Dec 11, 2017

A very interesting and complete course for writing essay and become a good and standard writer.

By Vaibhav K

Aug 24, 2017

This is a very good essay course especially for developing body paragraph with external source!