Back to Agile with Atlassian Jira

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Agile with Atlassian Jira by Atlassian

Agile teams use “just enough” planning and an incremental approach to accomplishing the work of the team. Every project and every team uses a custom agile methodology. This course discusses common foundational principles and practices used by agile methodologies, providing the student a flexible set of tools to use in any role (e.g. product owner, scrum master, project manager, team member) on any agile team. This course mainly discusses agile and lean principles, the kanban and scrum agile methodologies, and uses Atlassian Jira Software Cloud as the main software tool to apply hands-on learning of the topics. The course includes instruction on "classic" Jira projects as well as the new "next-gen" Jira projects. Students can use the free plan of Atlassian Jira Software Cloud to complete the hands-on labs associated with this course. By the time you have completed this course, you will have a strong foundational understanding of agile principles and practices, and strong hands-on experience with Atlassian Jira Software Cloud. You will be the site administrator for your Jira account, so you will be able to perform basic administration tasks on your site. You should be able to continuously configure your Jira project(s) to match your team's custom agile methodology. You can watch the videos and take the quizzes from your phone if you want, but the hands-on labs using Atlassian Jira Software Cloud require you to have a Windows, Mac or Linux computer. This course tries to be as concise as possible. It will probably take you about 6-12 hours to go through, but your mileage may vary. It is highly encouraged that you apply what you learn to managing personal agile projects after the course is complete....

BB

Apr 15, 2019

The Course is good and well structured. It has really strengthened my understanding about the use of Jira, I will recommend this course to anyone who is interested in knowing more about Agile and Jira

HT

Jul 22, 2020

I found this course very comprehensive. Beginners can learn foundation knowledge and concepts of Agile along-with Jira . Above all labs are well-designed and give learners hand-on experience of Jira

551 - 575 of 705 Reviews for Agile with Atlassian Jira

By Ernest N

Feb 24, 2019

Nice introduction into Jira, very helpful. The voice/intonation of the trainer is a bit dull, robotic, I would prefer a more lively explanation/intonation. I like the introduction into Scrum and Kanban, always a nice catch-up for those who are not familiar with these agile frameworks. The course itself gave me a nice introduction into Jira. Ok, it's what you would expect from such a course, sometimes it's a bit boring to learn which menu item contains which feature. I'm planning to use this tool in our team within a few months. Actually, that was my main reason to apply for this course... ;-)

By Patryk R

Oct 05, 2019

I am not giving full amount of starts since because I had the impression that as the course progressed, some issues/functionallities were less and less detailed, on the "it was already mentioned before" principle. This is understandable of course, but you need to remember that quickly acquired knowledge must be refreshed and repeated, otherwise it will not be systematized.

However, a pleasant dose of knowledge divided into relevant fragments. Perhaps laboratories could be more practical, extended with screenshots and more cases and possibilities.

Anyway, great work !

By LUIS E S V

Jul 19, 2020

I´m really liked it. The videos are simple and easy to understand, also the exercises. The way of learning by doing it with Free trial Jira Software is very useful. It´s perfect for staters.

Something to improve could be that some topics are not easy to understand like Jira Administrations (adding users, groups...), when this happens you feel a little lonely because you can´t ask right away to advance, instead have to wait the teachers or workmates responses to continue.

In the end, it´s perfect for staters, i have learned a lot. Thanks!

By Mariella P

Jun 28, 2020

The Course was very well structured and explained. I was expecting a bit more theory explanation vs. software features but I guess this was the final aim of the course.

Unfortunately the free version of the Jira software I have used did not seem to have all the features explained in the exercise lab papers but I manage to understand through the videos.

The possibility to download the PDF presentations contained in the videos would have been a great and appreciated option - easy to go through for revision than the text downloads.

By Alto P

Aug 27, 2019

I expected to learn how to use Jira in real world situations, but instead I learned the basics about how the software works. I would recommend this course to beginners who are trying to learn what Jira is. If you already know a bit about it, do not expect much.

We certainly would have learned more if there were real world projects in the lab to give us an idea of what is like to work with Jira on a daily basis.

Other than that, it will be a big plus in your CV if you are applying for jobs that ask for "knowledge on Jira".

By Parvin M G

Apr 14, 2020

It was generally good, but the problem was it was somehow boring for me ! all the slides was really rough and not fun at all.

but the very good point was that it gives you a free account with full access to all features so that you can try it and make sure that you can experience it yourself so that you've totally learned it.

and it was a good idea that the last exercise was an overall review of the whole course with some highlighted points to remember.

Thank you Coursera !

Apr 07, 2020

El curso me ha parecido muy interesante y práctico. Como mejora propongo que el software se pueda instalar de manera fácil mientras dura el curso para poder practicar todo la teoría. El curso ha sido intenso debido a la cantidad de material a tratar. El material ha sido muy completo, bien explicado y acorde a los objetivos marcados. Ha cubierto ampliamente mis expectativas. Muchas gracias y un saludo. Liliana Gordillo Hernandez

By Zina L D

Mar 04, 2019

Great course overall. Practical and hands-on with just enough background on Agile/Lean/Kanban to put the use of Jira into context. Only reason I did not give this 5 stars is that some of the videos use old versions of the boards that don't keep up with some of the recent changes. Just creates a disconnect when you're trying to reference where certain functionality is based on the videos, but the current layout is different.

By Nadia V K

Feb 03, 2020

I have worked with Jira before, but did not understand some things, options and settings. I thought it is really complicated system.

This course helps to understand project management terminology, Jira ideology and principles, to see Jira as a whole system, understand its structure.

Great thanks for authors.

Unfortunately, some labs are outdated regarding the latest version of Jira.

By Claire S C

Jul 28, 2020

Clear explanations. My favorite aspect was the labs -- the "readings" are "labs" that you do after watching videos to practice what you've just learned. The Instructions are really clear, but test your knowledge/memory just enough that It doesn't tell you exactly how to do It. I found that most aspects took less time than the estimates (sometimes half the time, or less).

By Romina V

Oct 13, 2019

It is a very basic course on how to use Jira but is very helpful. One or two subjects could be difficult to understand when you don't have an engineering/develop profile. For me as (designer), Jira is no so much friendly, but when you start to understand how to use it, is very useful. That is why this course help me so much.

By Ashish G H

Dec 10, 2019

Helped in improve my knowledge on how the industries work on any project and how the Agile SDLC helped in the process to get the work done. There are many sub-sections which requries practical knowledge than just theoritical. But, its a good start for people who are about to work in industries where these are used.

By Nicola D

Jun 01, 2020

This course was really helpful and provided the overview I was looking for. The narration was slow and often monotone so really hard to listen to, but the instructor clearly knows what he's talking about. The labs were great and the little sub-quizzes were a good reminder to index the information as it was presented.

By Chen F

The course provided a good overview of Agile methodologies and Jira, and there were plenty of exercises to get familiar with the software. The course's only drawback was the instructor's uninteresting lectures. Each lesson was read with no enthusiasm, and the script was dry (but informative).

By Simon B

Apr 03, 2020

Great course, especially at the beginning when it's not all about Jira and focus on the agile methodologies. Too bad their is not much explication on the best practices in regards of fonctionnal specifications, technical specifications, epic stories, stories, tasks, etc...

By Ryan T

Aug 26, 2019

Solid Information about Agile and how Jira is used during a project. Could do less on the permissions side since it is beginner course. Make sure you sign up for Jira via the link provided in the first lab. I mistakenly signed up for the 10 day trial initially.

By Ian B

Nov 01, 2019

Great course at the beginning when it went over the origin of Agile and the differences between Kanban/Scrum. I was absolutely ingrained in the course when he was going over that material.

After that it mostly turned into "how to use Jira" - it was informative.

By Michael C

Apr 23, 2020

I think some more theory into the use of the different issue types and also versions would have been helpful. I found myself looking outside of the course content to get more an idea on their purpose. Apart from that, a really nice intro into Jira.

By christel c

Dec 31, 2019

Very good discovery course, especially because it gives access to a Jira space and therefore a practical approach. Maybe we could reduce the part on agility in favor of the study of some addon such as Big Picture or Time sheet Report for example.

By Pedro P

Nov 21, 2019

The course besides giving a good overview of Jira provides plenty of opportunity for hands on exercises. The course creates the necessity for the Learner to go online and find out more about Jira on the Jira site and from the Jira community.

By Warren R

Mar 06, 2020

Course does give a good overview of both agile and Jira. Having free access to a Jira cloud account was very useful for getting hands on. Downside, the presenters voice was very monotone and managed to make most of the content very dry.

By Richard B

Jun 06, 2020

It had been a while since I'd used Jira, and I had never had any formal training in using it. This course plugged the gap well allowing me to refamiliarise myself with the core features of Jira as well as informing me on best practice.

By Muhammad W K

Feb 27, 2020

I think this is an excellent guide for people who are new to Agile and Jira a very comprehensive review of Agile concepts before deep diving to Jira made this course highly helpful for me to perform well as Junior Agile Team Lead.

By Tijana S

May 04, 2020

The course is great for beginners which did not have any experience with Jira. Some parts should be more interesting (JQL, filters..) . I suggest more interactive tasks, such as case studies not simple read-click instructions.

By laura c

May 23, 2019

Excellent course. My hesitation in a solid 5 stars is in regards to permissions. This section seemed a little confusing and another lab would have been helpful, but I practiced on my own. Overall - very helpful course!