Back to Agile Planning for Software Products

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Agile Planning for Software Products by University of Alberta

This course covers the techniques required to break down and map requirements into plans that will ultimately drive software production. Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to: - Create effective plans for software development - Map user requirements to developer tasks - Assess and plan for project risks - Apply velocity-driven planning techniques - Generate work estimates for software products...

AM

Apr 15, 2020

Great Agile techniques to learn from this course !! Useful for those who want to brush up on their product management skills as well as those who want to launch themselves in this career stream.

MK

Feb 23, 2018

As I am already into Product development and management, this course is very useful and helping me in real time. I am started applying few practices already into product development.

151 - 175 of 206 Reviews for Agile Planning for Software Products

Apr 12, 2018

Great

By 17MIS0424 S D

Nov 07, 2019

good

By Rafael N

Jan 15, 2017

Feb 27, 2018

G

By Dominic F

Jan 20, 2020

The training materials are very well presented and easy to digest. I got plenty out of it. But the certificates are really, really easy to pass and I think it devalues them somewhat. If you're interested in this because you just want to learn for the sake of learning, or to supplement any practical knowledge of product management that you may already have through experience in your career (as was my case) and to just understand things better, this is great. But I wouldn't expect to get a new job/change career because of any certificate you earn from this course or others in the specialisation.

By Greg P

Feb 07, 2016

Very useful to know different tecniques for software project/product

planning. Although some of those tecniques are (in my opinion) not

very relevant in an Agile environment (like work breakdown structures,

pert or gant charts) the course is good to learn how to use those tools

and also to ask ourselves whether or not they are actually relevant or useful if we follow the Agile approach.

By Cláudio A d S

Jan 23, 2020

Great course! Good reading material was offered in the first week. All works were important to fix the given content.

Two negative aspects, in my opinion, were: 1) the PERT class because I never heard of this feature being used in agile projects. 2) in the discussion forum people do not discuss the content and only post requests for peer reviews.

In the end for me, it was worth it!

By Andrew H

Dec 17, 2018

I would prefer to give 4.5 stars out of 5 here, because the course was overall good. One peer-reviewed assignment was particularly confusing, in that its rubric did not match with its description. I cannot give the course full marks because of that.

By Terje K

Aug 07, 2016

Great examples used in course videos. The Course Notes might be a worked on a bit more in terms of models and examples, but they are quite extensive and an invaluable resource. Teaching staff is quick to respond to forum questions, which is great!

By Jenna C

Apr 11, 2016

My least favorite part of the course, but it was still put together well. Content just isn't as interesting as the rest of the specialization. Felt a bit too "Project Manager' instead of the Product Manager.

By Mohammed A K

Nov 17, 2016

It is excellent course in terms of the knowledge that I gain. However the multiple choice questions are a little bit default to understand. It is look like that you are examining our English skill :)

By Chase R

Aug 03, 2018

In some of the assignments, the marking rubrics specify requirements that weren't outlined in the initial question, which I thought was a little unfair, but not a big deal.

By Jorge

Mar 23, 2017

Lots of well structured content, easy to follow and informative. You know it's the tip of a large iceberg, so it's a very good way to start and let you wanting for more.

By Muhammad Y

Jan 29, 2016

This course has the minimal information than its brother courses, you may need to add more details focus on the planning more and give more assignment if applicable.

By krishna k k

Feb 15, 2016

I am Krishna Kant Kumar, working as a software quality analyst.

Through this course, I learnt, how to estimate an iteration or doing an estimation of project.

By Ricardo L T

Jun 18, 2018

Great an simple daily use tools for us as managers, dev team leads and event developers themselves to understand how to move and support teams internally.