Back to AI for Medical Prognosis

Learner Reviews & Feedback for AI for Medical Prognosis by DeepLearning.AI

AI is transforming the practice of medicine. It’s helping doctors diagnose patients more accurately, make predictions about patients’ future health, and recommend better treatments. This Specialization will give you practical experience in applying machine learning to concrete problems in medicine. Machine learning is a powerful tool for prognosis, a branch of medicine that specializes in predicting the future health of patients. In this second course, you’ll walk through multiple examples of prognostic tasks. You’ll then use decision trees to model non-linear relationships, which are commonly observed in medical data, and apply them to predicting mortality rates more accurately. Finally, you’ll learn how to handle missing data, a key real-world challenge. These courses go beyond the foundations of deep learning to teach you the nuances in applying AI to medical use cases. This course focuses on tree-based machine learning, so a foundation in deep learning is not required for this course. However, a foundation in deep learning is highly recommended for course 1 and 3 of this specialization. You can gain a foundation in deep learning by taking the Deep Learning Specialization offered by deeplearning.ai and taught by Andrew Ng....

JD
Jun 4, 2020

I am a medical image analysis enthusiast. But I always wonder why I can't I combine other patient details for extending it's application. Sure this course is awesome. I really loved it !!

BM
Apr 21, 2020

This course was great and more challenging that I have expected. More focus on statistics and survival data which is important for prognosis. Course has a good flow and valuable content.

26 - 50 of 95 Reviews for AI for Medical Prognosis

By Jaisil R D

Jun 5, 2020

By Rahul R

Sep 9, 2020

This course is one of the best courses to learn about Medical Prognosis. Really, the survival models were described in great detail. Thank you, Pranav for this wonderful course.

By Blanca H V G

Jul 2, 2020

This was a wonderful course and Thank you Pranav Rajpurkar and Andrew Ng for this amazing specialization!

This course gave me more ideas to apply to my Ph.D.

Thank you again!

By Nikhil A

Found it very informative, especially if you are from different field and want to explore the usage of statistics in medicine, this course is a great start. Loved it!!

By Nehad H

May 7, 2020

This was a FANTASTIC course. I am very impressed with the quality of the lectures and the instructor. Thank you for teaching me how to deal with data and censorship :)

By Nafisa B

This course has good application strategies. It's very easy to follow and designed really well to make it easy to understand different concepts in prognosis

By ayyüce k

I'm extremely happy to be a member of the deeplearning.ai family. It was an over-useful course, I would like to thank everyone who has worked hard.

By Sam M

Oct 11, 2020

Great for a wide range of audience. I have a long experience with ML but I was able to learn many concepts related to survival modeling.

By Bhavinkumar P P

Aug 5, 2020

This course enabled me to apply machine learning for prognosis related scenario & learn multiple risk assessment related scenario.

By Pankaj P

Jun 4, 2020

Nicely and very thought fully organized course. This will definitely help me in apply my skills at my job. Thanks DeepLEarning.ai

By Luis M

Very interesting and concise introduction to the foundations of a topic which can only grow and grow in importance in the future.

By Carlos F d S A

Oct 28, 2020

Awesome course ! Sure i recommend... you'll experiment a great content and incredible AI approaches for problem solution !!!

By Shubham S

Apr 21, 2020

Really enjoyed the flow of the course, application usages of theory was too good. Looking forward for such more courses

By Rangel I A W

Apr 19, 2020

AI for Medical Prognosis gave me a panorama of machine learning models for patient survival prediction in a simple way.

By Jay N P

Jul 24, 2020

The course is amazing. And practical quizzes and assignments are just perfect and up-to date with current affairs.

By Amit P

May 16, 2020

Excellent course! I learnt a lot, the quality of instruction was great, and the exercises were easy to understand.

By HARSHITA S

Oct 24, 2020

Nice,it would be even better if the assignments will be more exhaustive and explainative!!Amazing course:)

By Eric M B

Aug 16, 2020

Very well structured course.Could use a video or two connecting the course material to the coding.

By Akhil M

Jul 14, 2020

Very Informative Course. Videos are short lengthed, < 5 mins, Much more time in practical sessions

By PRATIk S

The complete package for those working as a Data Scientist in the Healthcare Insurance domain.

By Kiran U K

Apr 28, 2020

Awesome course, but 5 star is for mentors in slack they are awesome. new and unique course

By Lee, B

Apr 28, 2020

Although I am not a specialist, I still can make it. Thank you for step-by-step teaching.

By Jyotin P

Sep 12, 2020

Very good course.Recommended for those who are looking for practical applications of AI.

By Abhishake G

Aug 11, 2020

Amazing course. Concepts explained in carefully crafted videos. Keep up the great work.

By Sathyanarayana M

Sep 24, 2020

excellent course design - Survival Tree and Survival Random Forest - COX Hazard Model