Back to Algorithmic Toolbox

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Algorithmic Toolbox by University of California San Diego

The course covers basic algorithmic techniques and ideas for computational problems arising frequently in practical applications: sorting and searching, divide and conquer, greedy algorithms, dynamic programming. We will learn a lot of theory: how to sort data and how it helps for searching; how to break a large problem into pieces and solve them recursively; when it makes sense to proceed greedily; how dynamic programming is used in genomic studies. You will practice solving computational problems, designing new algorithms, and implementing solutions efficiently (so that they run in less than a second)....

SG
Jan 19, 2017

I liked the fact that the algorithms are not just the introductory searching and sorting algorithms. The assignments are fairly difficult (I have decent scripting experience), but not impossibly so.

MM
Sep 28, 2017

good course, I like the fact you can use a lot of languages for you programming exercises, the content is really helpful, I would like to have more indications from the grading system to save time.

276 - 300 of 1,947 Reviews for Algorithmic Toolbox

By Chiranjeet S

Jun 7, 2020

I wanted to revise and remove left out conceptual doubts. This was an amazing course. The video lectures by all 5 Professors were amazing and concise(most importantly). And assignments were of good level.

By Priyanshu G

Sep 10, 2020

This is just an awesome course to learn many awesome algorithms. Just loved this course. But questions are somewhat difficult and takes a lot of time than actually allocated... Still, very good course!!

By Krzysztof L

Sep 18, 2017

This is very good course. The materials are very interesting, but the best part are programming assignments. I really enjoyed doing them and because of them I decided to go for the whole specialization.

By PRATIK J

Jul 11, 2020

Its very decent course for a programmer who wants to increase efficiency of a code in an algorithm.It also teaches dynamic programming approach which helps to solve complex problems without difficulty.

By Sabir

May 7, 2020

in week 6

if possible please give more example of dp conepts as i had no backgound related to datastructure and algorithm i had very difficulty in understanding it.however the whole course is very nice

By Akshath V

Jul 9, 2017

A excellent course to begin with competitive programming. Taking up this course helps you to understand many difficult concepts and get a grip over what you learned by solving the assignment questions.

By Omar M R

Mar 26, 2017

Very good course!! Totally recommended! It takes you from the basics to more advanced topics. They will demonstrate why it's very important know and apply different approaches for algorithmic problems.

By PRANAV S

Aug 15, 2020

Great Course. This series is great but sometimes you will get frustrated because of the questions as it is not easy, make sure to give those a time. Great satisfaction after solving them though

By Hiroki U

Jul 8, 2020

This course is excellent for learning "Data structures and Algorithms" .

Programming assignments may be difficult, but through implementing programs, you can understand the way algorithms work .

By Aniket D

Jan 22, 2020

The course is very helpful for every student it covers all the algorithms in a discipline order starting with examples followed by algorithm and finally some exercise to test what you learnt !!

By mohnorain@gmail.com

Mar 5, 2017

This is a very useful very rich algorithms course, it is one of the best i have ever attended online, i would really recommend this course to any one who wants a challenging algorithms program.

By ANAND S Y

Jul 18, 2020

from this course only i started a continuous coding practice as i learned very important things from this course that helps me to solve any algorithmic problem very easily. Thank you Coursera.

By Daniel P

Dec 24, 2017

The last topic (dynamic programming) was significantly more challenging than everything else in the course. It was also a topic I have not had previous exposure too -- overall, a great course!

By Fahri C D

Mar 31, 2016

Good coverage of the material, with several videos dedicated to individual topics, accompanied with complementing problem sets which have a decent selection of semi-optional advanced problems.

By Patrick G

May 8, 2019

Great course! My only concern was that some of the homeworks seemed to take a little longer than advertised, but I really appreciate getting in-depth practice solving these types of problems.

By Kartikey S

Jun 19, 2020

This is a good course which improved my algorithmic thinking skills and taught me some algorithms which can be used to solve problems. This course enabled me with the tools to solve problems

By Namish A

Jun 12, 2020

I loved this course as it has taught me the basics of every algorithm that needs to be implemented in daily life of a programmer.

I have learned a good amount of techniques from this course.

By Himanshu A

Really an Amazing Experience and get to learn so much in short time, Even harder Algorithms are starting to get clicked in my neurons... Thank you Teachs for so much Knowledge and Practice..

By Shabbir K

Apr 12, 2020

A really really good course. All the instructors were great. The course content was perfect, the level of programming assignments is good. Overall a very detailed course. Highly Recommended!

By Jay C

Jun 12, 2020

It was awesome to be part of this course.I started learning Dynamic Programming for the first time with this course.Thanks to Lecturers and Professors and University for making this Course.

By Sawal M

Apr 18, 2017

Great course! The programming assignments are very helpful in understanding the topics in the course. It would be better if the threshold to pass the assignment is increased to 50% or more.

By Vidhan G

Sep 27, 2020

It was a course worth spending my time for..The assignments were of very good quality and the topics were taught very well , also the teaching staff of this course were very well informed.

By Balaji R

Jul 3, 2020

This course was really helpful, I have learnt more from this course than I have from my college. The only problem I had was that I found it hard to understand one of the professors accent.

By Priyesh P

Apr 11, 2019

I had a very good experience doing this course. I have refined my algorithmic skills with this course and can apply the concepts really well at competitive programming. Thanks to coursera!

By Jasmine N

Aug 7, 2016

I thought this was really helpful for my day to day career as a developer. It helped give me better tools to talk about what I am working on as well as introducing me to some new concepts.