Back to Algorithmic Toolbox

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Algorithmic Toolbox by University of California San Diego

The course covers basic algorithmic techniques and ideas for computational problems arising frequently in practical applications: sorting and searching, divide and conquer, greedy algorithms, dynamic programming. We will learn a lot of theory: how to sort data and how it helps for searching; how to break a large problem into pieces and solve them recursively; when it makes sense to proceed greedily; how dynamic programming is used in genomic studies. You will practice solving computational problems, designing new algorithms, and implementing solutions efficiently (so that they run in less than a second)....

SG

Jan 20, 2017

I liked the fact that the algorithms are not just the introductory searching and sorting algorithms. The assignments are fairly difficult (I have decent scripting experience), but not impossibly so.

MM

Sep 29, 2017

good course, I like the fact you can use a lot of languages for you programming exercises, the content is really helpful, I would like to have more indications from the grading system to save time.

326 - 350 of 1,199 Reviews for Algorithmic Toolbox

By Rajat A

Aug 17, 2017

The programming assignments are the best thing about this course. They will make you think and are quite fun to solve.

By Akash L

Feb 16, 2020

The building concepts of algorithms is given importance and as a result my interest throughout course has been good.

By Sergio L F

Mar 23, 2020

Excelente ferramenta para aprendizado e desenvolvimento de algoritmos. Plenamente satisfeito com o conteúdo e curso.

By Dmitriy M

Mar 07, 2016

I enjoyed the course a lot and would recommend it to anyone who's getting their feet wet in the world of algorithms.

By Gogikar B

Feb 09, 2020

it is an excellent course. By the end of the course, you will learn how to design an algorithm in an efficient way.

By Dmitrii

Mar 03, 2019

Very nice developed course. All lectures are interesting and topics are very important at algorithms understanding.

By Shauki V

Jun 26, 2016

Excellent quality, loved the quizzes and graded assignments, completely worth the time and money! Highly recommend!

By Kumar V

Jun 14, 2016

Great Course...especially for someone who doesn't have a CSE background but is immensely interested in learning it

By Divya K

Feb 15, 2020

This was indeed an interesting and challenging course! I did get to revise and improve my knowledge of Algorithms.

By Hemabh K

Feb 24, 2019

I found this course very helpful, the explanation is very nice and subtle. Also the assignments are well designed.

By MD A H Z

Mar 16, 2018

This is a great and very helpful course to learn algorithm. The course materials are very clear and easy to learn.

By Dmitrii V

Feb 05, 2018

I'm very greatfull to your team for this amazing course. I've enjoyed it much. I will recomend it to my collegues.

By Suresh K D

Nov 13, 2016

It's really insightful, It would be great if the test cases for each problems, shared with the student.

Thank you!

By Shree R K

Aug 31, 2016

Very good subject and very good topics presented. Professors are very good. And the video presentation is awesome.

By Mahesh B G

Jul 14, 2019

This Course challenged me and felt like I went to college again. Thanks for all the efforts put into this course

By Ayush L

Oct 11, 2017

By the end of this course I have gained enough confidence and also feel enlightened towards design of algorithm.

By Clement R

Nov 07, 2016

Awesome course. Well explained with lots of examples.

The must see if interested about the basics of algorithmic.

By Saket V

May 17, 2016

Very good content and great professors, I like the short duration of lectures and more emphasis on assignments..

By KAUSHAL D

Nov 12, 2019

THIS COURSE WAS EXCEPTIONAL WITH QUALITY QUESTIONS AND IS BEAUTIFULLY DESIGNED BY THE UNIVERSITY OF SAN DIEGO.

By Rambabu Y

Dec 21, 2018

I like stress test and the basic concepts including greedy, divide and conquer and dynamic Programming- Thanks

By onkar p

Oct 03, 2018

Complex and lengthy concepts are explained very nicely and can be understood by anyone. Worth learning subject.

By Joseph G N

Sep 19, 2018

Incredible course covers all the basic content that gave in the university in the first semester in a good way.

By Abd E K

Jan 25, 2018

I am very happy to learn this course. I learned many algorithms from it and many skills to solve many problems.

By Pulkit D

Sep 15, 2018

this course helped me in practicing data structures and clearing my basic concepts which were not very clear .

By Ruth P C

Aug 20, 2018

Very good introductory course to learn algorithm design techniques, and write better and more efficient code.