Back to Algorithmic Toolbox

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Algorithmic Toolbox by University of California San Diego

The course covers basic algorithmic techniques and ideas for computational problems arising frequently in practical applications: sorting and searching, divide and conquer, greedy algorithms, dynamic programming. We will learn a lot of theory: how to sort data and how it helps for searching; how to break a large problem into pieces and solve them recursively; when it makes sense to proceed greedily; how dynamic programming is used in genomic studies. You will practice solving computational problems, designing new algorithms, and implementing solutions efficiently (so that they run in less than a second)....

SG
Jan 19, 2017

I liked the fact that the algorithms are not just the introductory searching and sorting algorithms. The assignments are fairly difficult (I have decent scripting experience), but not impossibly so.

MM
Sep 28, 2017

good course, I like the fact you can use a lot of languages for you programming exercises, the content is really helpful, I would like to have more indications from the grading system to save time.

351 - 375 of 1,947 Reviews for Algorithmic Toolbox

By Mohit K

Aug 9, 2017

This course is exactly what I wanted . Although I know the programming languages I wanted to know how to use it to build some good algorithms. Really great course.

By Phat L

Apr 9, 2017

The lectures and exercises are awesome. I can not believe it I can solve hard problems by myself. Now I'm very confident to talk about algorithms. Thanks creators.

By Shubham S

Sep 3, 2020

Lectures were superb and algorithms really required me to use long hours of thinking .

It was so hard to complete that I had crying until last Week's assignments .

By Avishek G

Jul 9, 2020

the lectures were helpful but it was hard to understand a few concepts. the assignments were very good

and it checked your ability to write an efficient algorithm.

By Hamdy E

Nov 15, 2018

i Really learned A lot from The Course Helped Me , to look into problems from Different ways and how to logically think of a faster algorithm to solve the problem

By Akshay M

Oct 29, 2016

A great course for beginners. I learnt a lot of new things from the course especially the really efficient and much needed algorithmic techniques. Had great fun!!

By Andrzej M

Oct 7, 2016

Well presented material. Good pace od lectures - short but fully understandable. Different instructors (you won't get bored ;)). Very good programming assigments.

By Chaoying B

Oct 15, 2020

This is an excellent course for algorithm beginners! It has intuitive examples, interactive puzzles, detailed described assignments, and well-delivered lectures.

By Paras c

Jul 26, 2020

This course is really good, it taught us many approaches to solve algorithms which we can't learn ourselves. The teaching staff explains every concept very well.

By Amgad A

Feb 13, 2020

I really want to thank the professors in this course, they provided the information in a unique way!

i loved this course and i would give it more than 10 stars !!

By Shivam K

Feb 21, 2019

i have been through week 1 and week 2 lectures and and they are completely convincing to even a DSA beginner like me to be more enthusiastic towards the course .

By Mahima G

Oct 19, 2018

You could have involved more questions based on thinking about the algorithm and discussion about the solutions to the practice problems. Otherwise it was great.

By Sachin P

Jan 27, 2018

Amazing course in every means, concepts are explained very well and programming assignments provided make you the master of technicalities of algorithms design.

By Gabriel K

Oct 15, 2020

A perfect introduction to common algorithm techniques. The multiple thorough walkthroughs of dynamic programming problems really cemented the technique for me.

By John C

Oct 3, 2019

Great course with challenging material and very helpful explanations. Highly recommend if you're trying to improve your programming and problem solving skills!

By Ayush K

Jun 1, 2020

The theory was explained in a neat and easy manner. Assignment questions were really interesting and helped me to develop a better understanding of the topic.

By Nikhil R

May 5, 2019

Basic programming for data structures in some common programming languages would have been very much helpful especially for some who are starting with scratch

By Zhenhan H

Aug 1, 2020

This course is very instructive and homework is a very good practice. I highly recommend this course if you want to take one of computer science core courses

By Dr. P J

Had a wonderful experience and learning during the sessions attended for this course. Quizzes and programming assignments enhanced programming skills a lot.

By 王俊杰

Jan 19, 2019

Highly recommend that! You can really learn some fundamental algorithms in a systematical way, like the Dynamic Programming or the Conquer and Divide method.

By Mladen F

Jul 9, 2017

A detailed course with many challenging problems. In addition, they put the effort to mathematically prove all claims. Definitely worth the time investment.

By Tùng D P

Sep 27, 2016

The course brings a lot of knowledge for me, help me to improve the expertise and foreign language teachers are very easy to understand, clear pronunciation

By Avin S J

Aug 13, 2020

It was exceptionally good course that helped me in grasping the concept of algorithms in depth.And the Professsors deserves a Big cheers up. And Thank you.

By Mykhailo M

Jul 23, 2020

This course gives you good examples for algorithms what makes them much easier to understand. The programming assignments are interesting and challenging.

By Nikhil B

Nov 11, 2017

The short videos won't bore you out. The visualization of every algorithm with examples really helped me.

The assignments have been very helpful. Thank you