Back to Algorithmic Toolbox

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Algorithmic Toolbox by University of California San Diego

The course covers basic algorithmic techniques and ideas for computational problems arising frequently in practical applications: sorting and searching, divide and conquer, greedy algorithms, dynamic programming. We will learn a lot of theory: how to sort data and how it helps for searching; how to break a large problem into pieces and solve them recursively; when it makes sense to proceed greedily; how dynamic programming is used in genomic studies. You will practice solving computational problems, designing new algorithms, and implementing solutions efficiently (so that they run in less than a second)....

BD
Jan 19, 2021

The course was really amazing which provided deep knowledge from basic to advance that how algorithms works and how to design algorithms. Thanks to all the expert teachers who taught in this course.

SG
Jan 19, 2017

I liked the fact that the algorithms are not just the introductory searching and sorting algorithms. The assignments are fairly difficult (I have decent scripting experience), but not impossibly so.

526 - 550 of 2,129 Reviews for Algorithmic Toolbox

By Laura

Oct 8, 2020

Good explanations in the videos & the programming exercises gave me a lot of practice. Thank you to the instructors.

By Arpit S

Aug 17, 2020

Excellent course structure paced really well for beginners as well as for someone requiring to brush up their skills.

By Akash L

Feb 16, 2020

The building concepts of algorithms is given importance and as a result my interest throughout course has been good.

By Diego M

Jun 5, 2020

Excellent course!

Assignments are fun to do. They have a good balance of theory and practice.

I highly recommend it.

By Julio C D M

Jun 3, 2020

It was very nice. I learned a lot about the different kind of algorithms that you can use to solve complex problems.

By Sergio L F

Mar 23, 2020

Excelente ferramenta para aprendizado e desenvolvimento de algoritmos. Plenamente satisfeito com o conteúdo e curso.

By Dmitriy M

Mar 7, 2016

I enjoyed the course a lot and would recommend it to anyone who's getting their feet wet in the world of algorithms.

By Nitika V

Sep 11, 2020

Really great, helped me a lot in understanding concepts like divide and conquer and dynamic programming. Thank you!

By CHERUKUPALLY K R

Jul 16, 2020

It was just the right course for me ...

All the contents of course helped me a lot in competitive coding as well :)

By Gogikar B

Feb 9, 2020

it is an excellent course. By the end of the course, you will learn how to design an algorithm in an efficient way.

By Dima

Mar 3, 2019

Very nice developed course. All lectures are interesting and topics are very important at algorithms understanding.

By Shauki V

Jun 26, 2016

Excellent quality, loved the quizzes and graded assignments, completely worth the time and money! Highly recommend!

By Kumar V

Jun 14, 2016

Great Course...especially for someone who doesn't have a CSE background but is immensely interested in learning it

By Mayur G

May 23, 2020

I really enjoying these course, specially the assignments are challenging problems which makes these course great.

By Divya K

Feb 15, 2020

This was indeed an interesting and challenging course! I did get to revise and improve my knowledge of Algorithms.

By Hemabh K

Feb 24, 2019

I found this course very helpful, the explanation is very nice and subtle. Also the assignments are well designed.

By MD A H Z

Mar 16, 2018

This is a great and very helpful course to learn algorithm. The course materials are very clear and easy to learn.

By Dmitrii V

Feb 5, 2018

I'm very greatfull to your team for this amazing course. I've enjoyed it much. I will recomend it to my collegues.

By Suresh K D

Nov 13, 2016

It's really insightful, It would be great if the test cases for each problems, shared with the student.

Thank you!

By Shree R K

Aug 31, 2016

Very good subject and very good topics presented. Professors are very good. And the video presentation is awesome.

By Jurica Š

Jan 15, 2021

Great Course. Learned a lot. Explanations could be improved and the assignments should have test cases revealed.

By Chaoui F

Sep 22, 2020

Excellent course. Very insightful and should be a must for anyone interested in computer science and algorithms.

By BAIBHAV A

Jun 8, 2020

Loved the procedure for getting through this course. Covered most of the interesting programming tricks and tips

By MB G

Jul 13, 2019

This Course challenged me and felt like I went to college again. Thanks for all the efforts put into this course

By Ayush L

Oct 11, 2017

By the end of this course I have gained enough confidence and also feel enlightened towards design of algorithm.