Back to Algorithmic Toolbox

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Algorithmic Toolbox by University of California San Diego

The course covers basic algorithmic techniques and ideas for computational problems arising frequently in practical applications: sorting and searching, divide and conquer, greedy algorithms, dynamic programming. We will learn a lot of theory: how to sort data and how it helps for searching; how to break a large problem into pieces and solve them recursively; when it makes sense to proceed greedily; how dynamic programming is used in genomic studies. You will practice solving computational problems, designing new algorithms, and implementing solutions efficiently (so that they run in less than a second)....

SG
Jan 19, 2017

I liked the fact that the algorithms are not just the introductory searching and sorting algorithms. The assignments are fairly difficult (I have decent scripting experience), but not impossibly so.

BD
Jan 19, 2021

The course was really amazing which provided deep knowledge from basic to advance that how algorithms works and how to design algorithms. Thanks to all the expert teachers who taught in this course.

676 - 700 of 2,129 Reviews for Algorithmic Toolbox

By Ayan M

Jul 25, 2020

Great content that changed the way I approach designing different types of algorithms!

By Dil M

Jul 23, 2020

Excellent Course Enjoyed very much. I think one of the best course to practice coding.

By Saurabh S K

Jun 1, 2020

Some problems can be hard but it is definitely worthwhile as I learn't new algorithms.

By Rakesh A

May 7, 2020

Astrocious course because I started as beginner but iam swamped in dynamic programming

By Aditya R

Feb 15, 2020

Great course! It would even greater if it would be more real-life-application-centric.

By Abdulrahman H M

Aug 25, 2019

This is the greatest course I have ever taken because its assignments taught me a lot.

By Leah P

Mar 30, 2019

Great for anyone who wanted to learn some basic algorithm . Not too much easy or hard.

By Sanjeet S T

Mar 6, 2019

It was a great experience for me to learn the basics of data structure and algorithms.

By prathmesh j

Apr 3, 2020

please provide sample i/p and o/p for an assignment . otherwise course is really good

By Jeffrey W

Feb 20, 2019

This course was great, it was really challenging and just the thing I was looking for

By Emmanuel T

Jan 11, 2018

This Course was very Excellent, i have learnt a lot, although it was very Challenging

By Fangda C

Jun 21, 2016

I like it very very much. I would like to recommend this course to all of my friends.

By INISH M D S

Oct 20, 2020

Really Good course, challenging enough to force us to learn the concepts thoroughly.

By Nick L

Fun! Let us know what the failed test cases are, though. The grading is a black-box.

By Gudipudi M

Jul 23, 2018

Gave me a good insight into Algorithms.Helped me to explore new things.Thanks a ton.

By Mohamed A

Dec 15, 2016

Really iam so so so happy :) this course is the best course i met before :) <3 <3 <#

By Parshad S

Feb 12, 2021

Good Course. Helped a lot in grasping the concepts of Algorithms. Totally worth it.

By Karan G

Jun 29, 2020

Nice course for grasping the basics of algorithms and brushing up on your concepts.

By Rithvik G

Jun 5, 2020

Would like explanations of few algorithms to have more clarity.

Otherwise very good.

By Aashi S

Oct 5, 2019

it was the best course till now. i have recomended it to all my friends and juinors

By Martin H

Feb 7, 2017

Very good design of course. It seems simple at the beginning but later very useful.

By Ahmad A

Apr 13, 2021

This course is very beautiful and useful it is teach me alot of skills ..thank you

By piyush t

This was a great course. I learned most used algorithmic approaches. thank you....

By Timothy S T

Great would recommend, worth it only if you are planning on doing the assignments.

By Alek R

Dec 5, 2018

Loved the problem sets. Instructions were clear. Honestly such a fantastic course.