Back to Divide and Conquer, Sorting and Searching, and Randomized Algorithms

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Divide and Conquer, Sorting and Searching, and Randomized Algorithms by Stanford University

The primary topics in this part of the specialization are: asymptotic ("Big-oh") notation, sorting and searching, divide and conquer (master method, integer and matrix multiplication, closest pair), and randomized algorithms (QuickSort, contraction algorithm for min cuts)....

KS
Sep 13, 2018

Well researched. Topics covered well, with walkthrough for exam.le cases for each new introduced algorithm. Great experience, learned a lot of important algorithms and algorithmic thinking practices.

DT

Thank you for teaching me this course. I learned a lot of new things, including Divide-and-Conquer, MergeSort, QuickSort, and Randomization Algorithms, along with proof for their asymptotic runtime

126 - 150 of 782 Reviews for Divide and Conquer, Sorting and Searching, and Randomized Algorithms

By Vinayak G B

May 27, 2018

Teaching is excellent . But assignments could have been more challenging with more number of questions and also a bit more tougher ones. Like , if the theory questions were transformed into programming assignments ....

By Prakhar K

Oct 5, 2020

The Course Offered has been Amazing! I really Learnt a lot from this Course and though I now know about Algorithms. I'll be coming back for references in the Future! Many things in the Video cannot be match elsewhere.

By Fabien T

Jun 2, 2017

Outstanding! I've learned a lot during the past 5 weeks spent on the videos, quizzes and assignments. Thanks a lot to Tim Roughgarden for putting together this excellent course and to the Coursera team for hosting it.

By Abdul S

Jun 28, 2018

this course helped me a lot and overcomes my lack and confusions in algorithms. The best course for those who want the best way to know more about algorithms and want to implement in programming techniques. loved it.

By Sayan P

Feb 18, 2020

The course was awesome! The professor teaches in a way that he explains how to make the mathematics of the algorithm from scratch and enforces the mind of a learner to code the mathematics. One of the best courses.

By Christopher J V

Jun 30, 2017

I really enjoyed this course and felt that everything was laid out understandably. I would have enjoyed some more programming problems, but felt that the ones given were useful in helping to enhance understanding.

By YX L

Aug 19, 2018

Very helpful, informative course. The way professor explain the concept is quite straightforward and easy to understand. there are also plenty of exercises to make sure you understand all the details in algorithm.

By Adam F

Feb 26, 2017

The course was pretty good. Definitely worth the money, and better than I expected from an online course. I thought it was a little heavy with probability proofs, but that's probably because I struggle with stats.

By M S K V

May 22, 2020

The course is amazing. The quality of the content is just mesmerizing. and a small tip for the guys who are considering to take this course "Please learn Discrrete Probability and Graphs in Discrete Mathematics".

By Ganna S

Jun 16, 2019

This is an enjoyable course. Love the lecturer! He's extremely charismatic with very good sense of humor, gives information clearly, explains everything well. And all the knowledge from the course are precious.

By BARUN K M

Jun 20, 2017

All the core concepts covered in depth and with practical implementation in quiz. i learned not only the core concepts but also how to frame it in real world problems using java programming language.Thank you :)

By YEH T P

Jan 6, 2018

Processor Tim is interesting, and the explanation of why the algorithm work is easy to understand. This course is suitable for who know how to program and want to solve problem more efficiently, more elegantly.

By Pavlos C

Jan 3, 2019

Nice approach by Tim. First explains the problem, then the need to the math pops up and then the math naturally arise. Thus no need to memorize any formula, but should be able to derive anything just by logic.

By navin m

Nov 10, 2020

Great Course!! I had always been a reluctant to jump into analysis of Algorithms. This course helped me get over that and become comfortable analyzing and understanding algorithms.

Thank You, Prof Roughgarden.

By Srikar V

Aug 10, 2019

This is one of the best courses that I've done. This was my first time studying algorithms and the professor's explanations of concepts are amazing. The quizzes and programming assignments were very helpful.

By Euge R

Apr 8, 2018

Although some part of this course requires a refresh of discrete probability (that i was missing).. This course is really well done and challenging. Tim Roughgarden explains things in a crystal clear way.

By THARANGINI S

Jul 9, 2017

Great Course. The delivery of lectures and emphasis on the core concepts were extraordinary. The assignments were challenging and reinforced the concepts taught. All in all a wonderful delivered course.

By Sakshama G

Jul 6, 2020

I am a signal processing and communication student and I would say this course is not just for CSE students, it is for everyone who wants to write better codes/ better algorithms. It is a great course.

By 谷心洋

Jan 11, 2020

It is a good course, but lack some explanation of materials, the teacher didn't explain clearly enough, so sometime you feel hard to understand the full picture, but still, It's a really nice course!

By Dung N T

By Salvador N

Mar 25, 2020

I'm happy with this course because is a little challenging, not like other coursers where there are trivial answers and tests. I feel now much more confident with my fundamentals. Thank you Tim!

By Mariano L A

Jun 23, 2020

I found the course's material quite challenging and mathematically rigorous. I really enjoyed the lectures and programming assignments. Now I'm starting with the second course of the series.

By 缄诺

Mar 24, 2017

This course has relatively few instructions about homework. I believe more test cases would be better.(Though able to be found in forum.) Besides, lecture is really awesome. Thanks a lot.

By Joseph B

Jun 16, 2018

Challenging and eye opening to algorithm design paradigms. As a code writer for data analysis in a scientific field, this course really motivated me to delve deeper in this rich field.

By Tom D

May 15, 2020

This course was outstanding! Big thanks to Tim for explaining difficult concepts in a clear and concise fashion. I can't wait to get started on the next course in this specialization!