Back to Divide and Conquer, Sorting and Searching, and Randomized Algorithms

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Divide and Conquer, Sorting and Searching, and Randomized Algorithms by Stanford University

The primary topics in this part of the specialization are: asymptotic ("Big-oh") notation, sorting and searching, divide and conquer (master method, integer and matrix multiplication, closest pair), and randomized algorithms (QuickSort, contraction algorithm for min cuts)....

KS
Sep 13, 2018

Well researched. Topics covered well, with walkthrough for exam.le cases for each new introduced algorithm. Great experience, learned a lot of important algorithms and algorithmic thinking practices.

DT

Thank you for teaching me this course. I learned a lot of new things, including Divide-and-Conquer, MergeSort, QuickSort, and Randomization Algorithms, along with proof for their asymptotic runtime

201 - 225 of 782 Reviews for Divide and Conquer, Sorting and Searching, and Randomized Algorithms

By Yiming Z

Jul 17, 2018

A very good course! Just feel excited and motivated to learn algorithms! Now I am determined to be a computer science major in college.

By Jose E N H

Nov 6, 2016

it was awsome!! one of the best courses and materials regarding algorithms i have taken!

thanks a lot!

totally worth my time and money =)

By Derek A S

Feb 11, 2020

Fantastic course! I thoroughly enjoyed the programming assignments as well as the rigorous mathematical analysis provided in lectures.

By Can K

Jul 29, 2020

Excellent course. The instructor thoroughly motivated the concepts and taught the subject in a way that was insightful and enjoyable.

By Antonio S

Dec 1, 2019

Very well done and clear even for people without a computer science background. Strongly suggested to anyone interested in algorithms

By Saurabh M

Aug 15, 2017

Well explanatory lectures with challenging programming assignments with a benefit to code in any language. Over all a great course !

By Yayin C

Nov 2, 2019

Very good! Just hope that the speaker could speak a little bit slower and make the slides clearer...Hard to read the hand writing...

By Yuanzhan W

Apr 27, 2019

The course is well organized. Clean introduction to most common sorting algorithms and the math behind them. Strong recommendation.

By 陈禧琛

Oct 16, 2017

I benefited a lot from this course, and I learned a lot. I will apply for grants, and continue the study of the following courses

By Yifu S

Jan 31, 2020

Very Nice course,I have got a Master Degree in Computer Science,but i stll learn much new knowledge and thinks from this course.

By Beau D

Nov 16, 2016

The math in this course is quite difficult, but the professor does a great job of explaining it in a very easily understood way.

By Patrick M

Nov 23, 2020

This course provided an excellent mathematical foundation to algorithms I've used and introduced me to some that I didn't know.

By Luiz C

Feb 24, 2018

Great course, very well explained, great material and great exercises, with an engaging teacher: cant be much better than that

By Ali S

Oct 31, 2017

The course is not as not programming oriented as the Princeton one, but it is a better course in terms of theory and analysis.

By Amarth C

Aug 24, 2017

Professor's awesome, but some part he speaks a little bit fast, for non-native speaker it asks extra work to fully understand.

By Solomon B

Mar 11, 2017

Excellent course. The statistical analysis was a little too fast and overwhelming towards the end but overall I learned a lot.

By Arjun B

Jul 25, 2020

Despite of being an online course i learnt more than i ever could from my current college curriculum. Cheers to the concepts!

By Ehsan F

Dec 4, 2018

This course was a real one. The only feeling I had afterwards was that I wish I could meet him in person. He is just awesome.

By Venu V

Jan 17, 2017

It's an amazing introduction to algorithms. I enjoyed listening to the lectures. All the algorithms were explained in detail.

By Jay

Mar 19, 2020

Very Nice course for a newbie like me to mastering algorithms. I want to thank you institute for making this course for us.

By Aishwarya R

Jun 20, 2019

Learnt about Merge Sort, Quick Sort, Randomization Algorithms, Selection, Graphs, Min-cut. Thank you Prof. Roughgarden :)

By Rahul K

Feb 7, 2020

This course really give the idea how to approach the problem and analyse it and find the most efficient way to solve it.

By Aksheshkumar A S

really an amazing course and have covered the content very nicely and the programming assignments are also very helpful

By GAURAV R

Nov 13, 2019

The course is not an easy one but if done earnestly will help the learner a lot in developing a mindset for algorithms.

By TianJie S

May 11, 2019

very tough and challenging course. The professor explains very detailed mathematics analysis underlying each algorithm