Back to The Ancient Greeks

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Ancient Greeks by Wesleyan University

This is a survey of ancient Greek history from the Bronze Age to the death of Socrates in 399 BCE. Along with studying the most important events and personalities, we will consider broader issues such as political and cultural values and methods of historical interpretation....

AS

Apr 23, 2018

This has been an enthralling course which introduces you to the world of the Ancient Greek. Thank you Prof. Andrew Szegedy-Maszak, and all the course creators and mentors, for this excellent course.

GL

Oct 16, 2015

Well presented, wonderful insight into the world of the ancient Greeks. I learnt a lot, and it has whetted my appetite for more. I really loved this course, and enjoyed it very much indeed

151 - 175 of 399 Reviews for The Ancient Greeks

By Markéta K

Oct 13, 2015

Elaborate and absorbing lectures, it was a great pleasure to follow. Thank you, PhD

Andrew Szegedy-Maszak! All the best, MK

By leslie w

May 13, 2020

I so love this class Mr Maszak was awesome and everyone that wants to learn Ancient Greeks this is a great class to take

By Georgia C

Oct 30, 2017

V

ery well built and delivered. Has got a lot of reading material, so be prepared to spend more time than most courses.

By Linda J

Oct 14, 2017

Very thorough introduction, liked the pace of the course and mix of different aspects of the life of Ancient Greeks.

By Onntje

Jul 31, 2016

excellent course, I enjoyed it a lot!

It helped me to gain an overview over ancient greek history.

Great lecturer!

By Belen T G

Jul 03, 2019

A very complete course, and it must be considered that its as difficult as good. No doubt, it really worth it.

By Antonella S

May 06, 2020

I really did enjoy this course! It was very interesting and very well structured. Thank you Professor Andrew!

By ljdover

Jan 03, 2017

Comprehensive course. I gained a great deal of information that helped to fill gaps in my own knowledge base.

By christopher c

Sep 30, 2015

wonderful really interesting course, well presented and full of fascinating information; well worth doing

By Trixy L

Jan 05, 2020

One of my favorite courses I have taken online. A lot of information but not overwhelming and it is fun.

By Luis A R C

May 14, 2018

Fue un viaje maravilloso por los historia griega, y en verdad pense y seguire pensando en los griegos..

By Sacha A

Nov 15, 2016

Fantastic Course! Really well structured, lectures are really interesting and I have really enjoyed it!!

By nickglendening@yahoo.co.uk

Jun 04, 2020

Very interesting course, although some of the reading sections took far longer than the time suggested.

By Makoto K

Feb 16, 2019

A tremendously valuable set of knowledge on the ancient Greek. Many thanks to Mr. Professor and Tutors.

By Emma L

Jan 13, 2016

A very interesting course and I'm at the beginning of this course and already have learned a lot about

By Diego R V

Dec 17, 2016

Muy bueno. El profesor es un enamorado de la cultura griega y transmite su pasión por el conocimiento.

By Meghana S

Jun 03, 2020

great course, worth learning, lengthy reading material but very informative, thank you for knowledge

By Jordan M

Jul 30, 2020

One of the best classes I have taken so far! The mix between the readings and lectures was amazing!

By SARANYA P

Jun 19, 2020

I absolutely loved this course. It was taught so well and I'm so happy i learnt so many new things.

By Lucian B T

Jan 02, 2020

Helpful and insightful.

I recommend this for anyone who wants to learn more about Ancient Greek.

By Edgar A

Aug 21, 2019

Un increíble viaje por la antigua Grecia, me encantó, definitivamente me llevo mucho de este curso.

By Dimitris S

Jan 01, 2019

Ι reacknowledged my nation's history 30 thirty year after i ve been to highschool. i am grateful.

By Pamela W

Oct 13, 2015

Gave me a great overview of the ancient greeks. I now would like to visit these ancient places.

By Robin E

Feb 28, 2016

This is an excellent course and I have enjoyed listening and reading everything it has to offer.

By Juan C m b

Jun 27, 2020

It was great, I learned a lot and I really like the teacher and the program. Thank you so much.