Back to The Ancient Greeks

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Ancient Greeks by Wesleyan University

This is a survey of ancient Greek history from the Bronze Age to the death of Socrates in 399 BCE. Along with studying the most important events and personalities, we will consider broader issues such as political and cultural values and methods of historical interpretation....

AS

Apr 23, 2018

This has been an enthralling course which introduces you to the world of the Ancient Greek. Thank you Prof. Andrew Szegedy-Maszak, and all the course creators and mentors, for this excellent course.

GL

Oct 16, 2015

Well presented, wonderful insight into the world of the ancient Greeks. I learnt a lot, and it has whetted my appetite for more. I really loved this course, and enjoyed it very much indeed

176 - 200 of 415 Reviews for The Ancient Greeks

By Emma L

Jan 13, 2016

A very interesting course and I'm at the beginning of this course and already have learned a lot about

By Diego R V

Dec 17, 2016

Muy bueno. El profesor es un enamorado de la cultura griega y transmite su pasión por el conocimiento.

By Meghana S

Jun 03, 2020

great course, worth learning, lengthy reading material but very informative, thank you for knowledge

By Jordan M

Jul 30, 2020

One of the best classes I have taken so far! The mix between the readings and lectures was amazing!

By SARANYA P

Jun 19, 2020

I absolutely loved this course. It was taught so well and I'm so happy i learnt so many new things.

By Lucian B T

Jan 02, 2020

Helpful and insightful.

I recommend this for anyone who wants to learn more about Ancient Greek.

By Edgar A

Aug 21, 2019

Un increíble viaje por la antigua Grecia, me encantó, definitivamente me llevo mucho de este curso.

By Dimitris S

Jan 01, 2019

Ι reacknowledged my nation's history 30 thirty year after i ve been to highschool. i am grateful.

By Pamela W

Oct 13, 2015

Gave me a great overview of the ancient greeks. I now would like to visit these ancient places.

By Lautaro j s

Oct 09, 2020

Excelente curso, muy didactico, completo por demas, para los que nos gusta la historia griega !!

By Robin E

Feb 28, 2016

This is an excellent course and I have enjoyed listening and reading everything it has to offer.

By Juan C m b

Jun 27, 2020

It was great, I learned a lot and I really like the teacher and the program. Thank you so much.

By Wang Z

May 09, 2018

I have finished this course. It is a perfect introduction to ancient Greek history and society.

By Gabriel D R

Apr 02, 2018

Very well treated the subject and some fantastic videos, as well as the complementary readings.

By Pedro C

Dec 27, 2017

Maravilloso curso para complementar conocimientos y obtener información de una fuente confiable

By Juan C D M

Nov 30, 2015

Great course that let you have a quick look over the greek rise and fall over 2000 years ago.

By Zhou H

Mar 30, 2016

It's really well organized. I like the pace of the course and the voice of "Professor Andy"!

By Theodoros N

Feb 07, 2016

it´s very interesting course ,it gives you all the details you need in the classic studies .

By susana q

Nov 14, 2015

Fantástico curso! un resumen excelente de la esencia de la Grecia antigua, lo acabo con pena

By Thomas G

Aug 21, 2015

A wonderful guided tour of ancient greece from the bronze age through Alexander. Thank you!

By Jorge L

Aug 22, 2020

Excelente. No mas palabras, quedan las ganas de un segundo curso. Excelente el Dr. Andrew.

By пимашкина ю а

Jun 24, 2020

Thank you for this course! Very interesting lectures. Objective and intelligent lecturer.

By Emiliano C

Fantástico!

Un placer haber recorrido este tramo de historia griega, realmente fascinante.

By Perez V M A

Mar 16, 2019

Gracias a este curso aprendí la historia de Grecia y me ayudaron a mi nota de castellano.

By Wojciech W

Jun 19, 2018

Amazing course - brillitant topics, wonderful teacher, greatly explained. Thank you much!