Back to The Ancient Greeks

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Ancient Greeks by Wesleyan University

This is a survey of ancient Greek history from the Bronze Age to the death of Socrates in 399 BCE. Along with studying the most important events and personalities, we will consider broader issues such as political and cultural values and methods of historical interpretation....

AS

Apr 22, 2018

This has been an enthralling course which introduces you to the world of the Ancient Greek. Thank you Prof. Andrew Szegedy-Maszak, and all the course creators and mentors, for this excellent course.

MH

Sep 3, 2015

Brilliant course. Superbly assembled and presented material. And I love the prof's wry sense of humour!

I've been wanting to learn about this subject for many years. Highly recommended.

176 - 200 of 526 Reviews for The Ancient Greeks

By Tallulah G

Aug 1, 2020

A brilliant course that takes you through a section of Greek history and gives an overview of areas of Greek culture and society. Very interesting, and taught very well.

By Luis P G

Sep 28, 2016

Excellent course. It has a perfect rhythm and the teacher has a good pronunciation which it is a important detail for no native english like me. I recommend strongly.

By Alexandra H

Sep 27, 2020

Excellent course. I certainly learned a lot and was able to expand my knowledge. Professor Szegedy-Maszak did an amazing job explaining the content in the lectures.

By Marcílio M M

Aug 13, 2020

A very interesting course, covers much about the subject and suggests many sources of additional readings. The instructor is very good and really keeps the interest.

By Evan S

Jul 29, 2020

Excellent course! The lectures were well-paced, thought-provoking, and really expanded my knowledge of ancient Greek civilization and its impact on the modern world.

By David E H G

Aug 25, 2017

muy bueno, el inicio, no manejo el ingles a la perfeccion , me gustaria q las preguntas finales despues de los videos deben contener en el idioma del participante

By Charles A

Sep 23, 2015

A Great course. very Informative I recommend it to all who want to learn a lot about the ancient Greeks their culture,history and contributions to today's society.

By BIJU I

Oct 7, 2020

Amazing course, not so easy to keep pace with the content included but yet worth doing it.. Enjoyed and learned quite a lot.. thank you to University and faculty.

By john s

Oct 2, 2020

An outstanding course. The lectures were well presented, the review quizzes thought provoking and the readings were enjoyable. Thank you for providing the course!

By Felice K T R

Oct 3, 2020

This course was engaging. The lectures were clear and stimulating. I especially liked the discussions around Greek drama, and how integral it was to civic life.

By Javier B

Mar 27, 2021

This is a wonderfull course. I've been listening to that man's voice for so long that now I feel a bit weird thinking that it is over. I really recommend it!

By A.Dhanush k

May 16, 2020

I am really happy to learn learn and finish this course under Prof. Andrew Szegedy-Maszak, and I thank him and Wesleyan University for this wonderful course.

By Dilyana M

May 18, 2016

Inspiring instructor. A lot of clarity in the lectures and some really interesting facts and stories. This course is almost like watching a great movie.

By John M

Jun 1, 2021

It was a great course. It gave me a beginning understanding of the early Greeks and the contributions they gave to the expansion of early civilization.

By Jesus R J B

Jun 3, 2020

Muchas gracias por el curso, fue increible, maravilloso, magnifico y me gustaría seguir aprendiendo de diferentes culturas como Roma o Alejandro Magno

By Andrés F G B

Mar 19, 2017

Muy buen curso, cada detalle de la civilización griega fue enseñada de forma clara, logrando entender mucho mas a los antiguos griegos. Muchas gracias

By Ana C d S

Jan 29, 2017

Muito interessante o recorte do curso. Apresenta a cultura grega antiga de maneira dinâmica e ajuda a complementar minha formação (Letras clássicas).

By Kiran M M

Jun 27, 2020

Thank you Wesleyan University and Andrew Szegedy-Maszak for such a wonderful course. I absolutely loved it. Expecting similar courses in the future.

By Abbie M

Apr 18, 2020

A fantastic look at the Ancient culture of Greece and the changes though out some of its ancient years. Thank you I have enjoyed every minute of it.

By Michel V

Jun 28, 2019

Amo todo lo relacionado con la Historia, Mesopotamia, Babilonia, Medo Persa, Griegos y Romanos. Y me es de gran ayuda para mi formación.

Mil gracias.

By Liliana A O

Oct 31, 2021

El profesor imprime una especial emoción en el relato de los temas, esto logra conseguir lo que Andy dice: que pensemos con los griegos. Es genial.

By Ali B K

Aug 28, 2020

Dear Andrew, our one of the best teacher we have ever seen in our lives for sure. Thank you for everything. It was amazing to complete this course.

By Elly C

Jan 24, 2019

The lecturer is easy to understand and follow, and clearly very knowledgable. The course content is interesting and very well laid out / organised.

By raquel p f

Nov 12, 2018

Me ha parecido un curso muy interesante y una manera distinta de ver el arte griego.Los materiales han sido impresionantes para el entendimiento

By Hussain A

Apr 2, 2016

Best instructor and lectures covering the entire area..But Assignments should include more questions so that to cover entire content of course.