Back to Paleontology: Ancient Marine Reptiles

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Paleontology: Ancient Marine Reptiles by University of Alberta

Paleontology: Ancient Marine Reptiles is a four-lesson course teaching a comprehensive overview of the evolutionary changes that occur when air-breathing terrestrial animals return to water. This course examines the diversity, adaptations, convergence, and phylogenetic relationships of extinct marine reptiles. Students will explore three major groups of marine reptiles: ichthyosaurs, plesiosaurs, and mosasaurs. Watch a preview of the course here: https://uofa.ualberta.ca/courses/paleontology-marine-reptiles...

JC
Apr 1, 2016

An excellent introduction to the sometimes overlooked marine predators that lived alongside the dinosaurs! A lot of detail is presented here, so be prepared to act like a sponge and soak it all up.

DB
Apr 22, 2020

I really enjoyed the course & finding out about the creatures that have fascinated me for years. The course was very well structured in logical sections that enabled me to study when I wanted.

126 - 150 of 273 Reviews for Paleontology: Ancient Marine Reptiles

By Adam W M

Feb 13, 2018

There are a few errors in the material because of more recent finds, but overall its great

By Jamie B

Aug 4, 2017

Very informative and easy to understand, with key concepts repeated throughout the course

By Dimas D T S C

Apr 29, 2016

just amazing i was looking for material in this are and had neverf ound , thanks alot =D

By Kamila Ś

Oct 13, 2020

A great course to inspire intrest in Paleontology! Had a great time and learned a lot.

By Charlotte T

Apr 2, 2018

Great course, notes are well written and videos easy to understand. Very informative!

By Grant W G

Apr 2, 2016

The course was very detailed and complete. I learned a lot. It was a very good course.

By Maria E O J

Oct 25, 2020

ITS INCREDIBLE TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THIS PREHISTORIC FAUNA I ENJOYED THIS COURSE A LOT

By Margaret

Aug 29, 2017

So interesting, I never knew Marine Reptiles of the Mesozoic could be to captivating.

By Sarah J

Jan 28, 2020

I loved this course. I'm excited to do more courses with the University of Alberta !

By Sam W

Sep 4, 2020

An excellent overview of marine reptiles. this is very informative I learned a lot.

By E01202696-AKSHAY T B F T

Sep 25, 2020

Excelent course now I got many information about the species that amused me a lot.

By Stella R

Sep 11, 2020

A very thorough introduction to the three main groups of ancient marine reptiles.

By Pritvik S

Jan 13, 2018

Great course! Very well conceptualised. Extremely interesting. Simply loved it!

By David M a

May 13, 2016

another brilliant piece of entertaining and informative education from Alberta.

By José J F H

Apr 22, 2020

Un gran curso con el que se aprende mucho de una forma didáctica y sencilla.

By Larissa D

Mar 29, 2018

Loved this course. I was able to learn a lot and never felt in over my head.

By Luke H

May 30, 2017

Again another absolutely outstanding course from the University of Alberta!!

By JISHNA K S

Jul 18, 2020

Very helpful section.. excellent presentation.. thanks for the whole team..

By Alexander S

Jan 19, 2021

After taking this course I have increased my knowledge of Marine Reptiles.

By Carmine C

Apr 18, 2020

This is just as informative as the MOOCs on dinosaurs and their evolution!

By Sophie L

Aug 17, 2016

I love Paleontology! This is a fantastic course, which makes me love life.

By AnakinWalker

Excellent Insight into an amazing group of reptiles, highly recommended.

By Shanise M

May 10, 2018

Had fun and learned a lot! I would be happy to take this course again.

By Anthony B

Feb 24, 2021

Excellent presentation and very enjoyable class. I learned so much.

By Rachel W

Jun 14, 2020

A fun course! I learned a lot and will take more of these courses.