Back to Paleontology: Ancient Marine Reptiles

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Paleontology: Ancient Marine Reptiles by University of Alberta

Paleontology: Ancient Marine Reptiles is a four-lesson course teaching a comprehensive overview of the evolutionary changes that occur when air-breathing terrestrial animals return to water. This course examines the diversity, adaptations, convergence, and phylogenetic relationships of extinct marine reptiles. Students will explore three major groups of marine reptiles: ichthyosaurs, plesiosaurs, and mosasaurs. Watch a preview of the course here: https://uofa.ualberta.ca/courses/paleontology-marine-reptiles...

JC

Apr 02, 2016

An excellent introduction to the sometimes overlooked marine predators that lived alongside the dinosaurs! A lot of detail is presented here, so be prepared to act like a sponge and soak it all up.

JF

Jan 15, 2020

Excellent I just don't think it's fair to me, to remember the dinosaurs, when the species,which are so similar,are still evolving to this,day....for paleos. to now, find them..? Baffling///

26 - 50 of 160 Reviews for Paleontology: Ancient Marine Reptiles

By Victoria Z

Jan 13, 2019

Really enjoyed the course. It's not hard to keep up with, but does take you beyond a nature documentary level of detail. Excellent instructor too, very clear and enthusiastic. I really wish they would offer a course like this on pterosauria too.

By Monica d l P

Jun 12, 2016

Wonderful... just love how much there's to learn. Love the exposition the data, how it was developed. The perfect timing of the sound and english subtitles.

Excellent professor.

I will enrol to more Paleontology courses

By Andrew E

Oct 04, 2016

This is a fascinating journey into the evolution of ancient marine reptiles. if you're a fan of paleontology and ancient animal life like I am, this course is for you. It's really well done and you won't regret it.

By Bruno L P C

Aug 15, 2018

This course was great! Lots of information regarding the evolutionary history, stratigraphy, biology of these ancient marine reptiles, etc. I would definetely recommend the course. I've learned a lot, thank you!

By Joanne O

May 24, 2017

Amazing course from the University of Alberta, the enthusiasm from the team just sparkles, the lectures are wonderful and the course notes are superb. This course stretched my brain. I loved every minute it!

By Darwin D A O

Aug 10, 2019

this course is so good I learn a lot about how to differentiate the major groups of marine reptiles of the Mesozoic era and I learn new things about taxonomy anatomy and how the marines animals behave.

By JoAnne M F

Jan 15, 2020

By Timi A

May 25, 2018

Great short course, perfect for an introduction to ancient marine reptiles. I recommend taking the other Palaeontology courses by this university on this site if you haven't already.

By Jae H A

Jun 25, 2017

This course was very interesting and helpful. It helped me to really understand marine reptiles, unlike many introductory science books that only lists the names of those reptiles.

By Allison O

Sep 12, 2017

Thank you so much for these courses. This is the third one I've completed and I've loved them all. Special thanks to the hosts who have kept the information exciting and flowing.

By Spencer B

Apr 29, 2018

A few spelling errors in the video captions and text downloads, but overall a truly wonderful course that I enjoyed immensely. It was educational and fun. Please make more!

By Jennifer C

Nov 27, 2017

A great course with just enough detail to get into the subject without overwhelming those without a university background.

Love the delivery style and assessment options.

By Wolf

Jul 31, 2019

The course would have benefited from being spaced more over a week or two with more resources to cover but otherwise is was excellent and I learned a great deal from it.

By Pedro C D L C

Mar 18, 2016

Excelent course. I did not know nothing about the incredible fossil record that this ancient reptiles have, now I am learning a lot about its origin and evolution.

By James M

Dec 10, 2016

This was a most informative course. and for me. not an easy one by any means. For an under-graduate, I would say is essential. Well done! And thank you!

By arinn w

Apr 07, 2019

So great to learn about ancient marine reptiles! I really enjoyed learning how palaeontologists use fossils evidence to figure out how animals lived.

By Graham F

Mar 12, 2017

Wow, what a fantastic course. Well structured and very well presented by a very knowledgeable palaeontologist. I cannot recommend this course enough.

By Wendy L

Jul 27, 2017

As with all UAlberta Coursera courses, this one is full of information and makes you think about the topics. Thanks for another excellent course!

By Kazunori M

Feb 11, 2017

Wonderful ! I have not been know about ancient Marine Reptiles until today. So, I am really thank you to teach and give knowledge for me.

By Diane E

Apr 20, 2016

Another wonderful course from University of Alberta. Scott Persons is a great lecturer. Material is interesting and well structured.

By fernando g u

May 12, 2018

Por fin comencé a vislumbrar el problema acuático de nuestros antepasados ​​más lejanos. El espectacular árbol filogenético.

Gracias

By Colin C

Nov 19, 2019

Fascinating insight into the variety of marine reptiles which evolved following their return to the water. A very enjoyable course.

By Kailey g

Dec 01, 2019

I love this course and i recommend the other paleontology courses, these are huge help and it also looks good on future resumes

By Manuel J L M

Apr 30, 2017

Excellent course of current knowledge of Marine reptiles from Mesozoic age. Thanks for accept me as free student, best wishes.

By Alexandra G

Apr 22, 2018

Great courses, the note are really well done and the teacher is passionnate by the subject. Very interesting, I learnt a lot.