Back to Paleontology: Ancient Marine Reptiles

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Paleontology: Ancient Marine Reptiles by University of Alberta

Paleontology: Ancient Marine Reptiles is a four-lesson course teaching a comprehensive overview of the evolutionary changes that occur when air-breathing terrestrial animals return to water. This course examines the diversity, adaptations, convergence, and phylogenetic relationships of extinct marine reptiles. Students will explore three major groups of marine reptiles: ichthyosaurs, plesiosaurs, and mosasaurs. Watch a preview of the course here: https://uofa.ualberta.ca/courses/paleontology-marine-reptiles...

JC

Apr 02, 2016

An excellent introduction to the sometimes overlooked marine predators that lived alongside the dinosaurs! A lot of detail is presented here, so be prepared to act like a sponge and soak it all up.

JF

Jan 15, 2020

Excellent I just don't think it's fair to me, to remember the dinosaurs, when the species,which are so similar,are still evolving to this,day....for paleos. to now, find them..? Baffling///

51 - 75 of 159 Reviews for Paleontology: Ancient Marine Reptiles

By Gerald V

May 23, 2016

superb presentations following the three major divisions of marine reptiles from their origins to their eventual extinctions

By Skyla C

Feb 13, 2017

I love this course! I have learned so much, and the quizzes are so nice and short. They don't give me time to stress!!!

By Steve M

May 18, 2016

Another excellent course from the University of Alberta. A real privilege to have the opportunity to learn in this way.

By Barrie M

Oct 10, 2016

No frills honest conjecture. Presentation material ocassionally looses to the tech but great with a chance of hiccups.

By Fernando R E

Jul 21, 2016

Fantastic! I would love some more of this teaching approach on other animals groups! i.e. Pterosaurs, whales, etc.

By Kahealani A M

Oct 31, 2019

i loved every bit of this course. it was great to learn and awesome to find out what was living before us humans.

By Randy C

May 17, 2016

Excellent presentation of the information. I definitely have a much greater appreciation of these marine reptiles

By Aiden C

Jan 04, 2018

Amazing course, presenter really keeps your attention, it feels very supportive as you complete the course

By Duncan S

Aug 14, 2019

this course was very fun and engaging. I learned a lot and will defiantly recommend it to other people.

By Theresa W

Sep 23, 2017

Awesome! I truly enjoyed this MOOC - I never was really into paleontology but now I want to learn more.

By winston m

Mar 26, 2016

very well organised and stimulatingly presented .a whole new world is unfolded for the student.

By Suzan H

Mar 14, 2016

Very nice course. Well prepared and a lot of information to keep the interest alive in Paleontology.

By Tania G G L

Sep 18, 2017

Lo que más me gustó es que está muy bien explicado, toda la información es muy clara y concisa.

By Jorge A A E

Jun 22, 2017

Excellent professors. This course is one of my favorites, the modules are very easy to follow.

By Yoga R

Jan 26, 2019

this was super fun and the attached readings made it easier to do when wifi wasn't available

By Trevor J H

Feb 13, 2020

Very well presented. The lecturer is very clever and spoke so well. Keep up the great work!

By Joshua G

Oct 19, 2016

Visualmente muy entretenido

Si te gustan la paleontología y los grandes reptiles no lo dudes

By Peter L

Mar 20, 2018

This course had a lot of detail and it was presented in a way that made it easy to follow.

By Adam W M

Feb 13, 2018

There are a few errors in the material because of more recent finds, but overall its great

By Jamie B

Aug 04, 2017

Very informative and easy to understand, with key concepts repeated throughout the course

By Dimas D T S C

Apr 29, 2016

just amazing i was looking for material in this are and had neverf ound , thanks alot =D

By Charlotte T

Apr 02, 2018

Great course, notes are well written and videos easy to understand. Very informative!

By Grant W G

Apr 03, 2016

The course was very detailed and complete. I learned a lot. It was a very good course.

By Margaret

Aug 30, 2017

So interesting, I never knew Marine Reptiles of the Mesozoic could be to captivating.

By Sarah J

Jan 28, 2020

I loved this course. I'm excited to do more courses with the University of Alberta !