Back to Build Your First Android App (Project-Centered Course)

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Build Your First Android App (Project-Centered Course) by CentraleSupélec

4.2

What you’ll achieve: In this project-centered course*, you’ll design, build, and distribute your own unique application for the Android mobile platform. We’ll provide you with a set of customizable building blocks that you can assemble to create many different types of apps, and that will help you become familiar with many important specificities of Android development. When you complete the project, in addition to having a personalized app that you can use and share, you’ll have the skills and background you need to move on to more advanced coursework in Android development. What you’ll need to get started: This project-centered course is designed for learners who have some prior experience programming in Java, such as an introductory college course or Coursera’s Java Programming Specialization (https://www.coursera.org/specializations/java-programming). You will need a computer with a stable Internet connection, but you will not need an Android phone - we’ll use free software that you can use to emulate a phone on your computer. We'll use Android Studio as IDE; it is compatible with most computer and operating systems. You can find detailed system requirements here: https://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html#Requirements. *About Project-Centered Courses: Project-centered courses are designed to help you complete a personally meaningful real-world project, with your instructor and a community of learners with similar goals providing guidance and suggestions along the way. By actively applying new concepts as you learn, you’ll master the course content more efficiently; you’ll also get a head start on using the skills you gain to make positive changes in your life and career. When you complete the course, you’ll have a finished project that you’ll be proud to use and share. Time: 10 hours of study, 10 hours of active project work...

TY
Jul 31, 2017

Very useful course! Answers all my questions, helps a lot to understand the whole process of mobile development! THANK YOU for the opportunity to gain valuable skills in such an easy way of study!

RB
Apr 18, 2016

I very much enjoyed this course. It gave a great introduction to Android programming for those who don't know any android programming to start with. I recommend this course as a place to start.

51 - 75 of 573 Reviews for Build Your First Android App (Project-Centered Course)

By Shardul C G

A very good and effective course to learn for beginners and intermediates who want to learn about android development and it's design as well as coding part.

By Pericles O

A very interesting and stimulating course oriented for anyone interested in learning how to take the first steps in developing Android mobile applications.

By Bagya K

This is good course for beginners of android developers. but I think this course should be updated to new version of android. overall this course is good.

By Prince K

Jun 17, 2020

This is wonderful course for beginner who want to learn android app. It help me lot for learning the basics of the android app. After all it is very good

By suman s

Apr 28, 2020

This is so easy . I have never expected such easy way that I can understand such a difficult work . thanks to courser for providing such a nice teacher.

By BRYAM P R Q

Aug 30, 2020

I consider this course excellent, personally it has helped me better understand the android studio environment, the function of each class and methods.

By Michael Z

Aug 15, 2017

These course was a positive experience to me. I definitely glad that I've enrolled into it. Many thanks and greetings to all involved persons.

By Utkarsh K S

May 16, 2020

Thank you Coursera for providing such a great opportunity through which I could learn about the building of android application development.

By Hrishikesh K

Jun 14, 2017

Really awesome, fab course. Got new way to learn ANDROID. Awesome material and crystal clear explanation!!! Thank you COURSERA Love you all

By Monika S

Jul 9, 2020

very helpful and engaging course for android beginners thanks to Coursera helping in this Lockdown

by providing such skill gaining courses

By MAUSHUMI L

Jul 12, 2020

I loved learning with Coursera. My heartful thanks to the ones who have made this possible. Thanks to the instructors for their lessons.

By ali a h

May 6, 2020

excellent very intresting need more projets to build not 1 atleast 3.to learn new things very happy to attain this course excellent.

By Pietro

Mar 16, 2016

Well organized course. Refined down to details. Gradual introduction of topics, good test-case, the skill of the Professor is excellent.

By Rasaki S

Mar 17, 2021

I am honored to take this course and I will recommend it to anyone, my family and friends who are interested in crafting android apps.

By Andrea C

Oct 6, 2016

I appreciated the building blocks approach, and the highlight to importance on prototyping in week 1.

Some skills in java are required.

By Victory N K

Oct 10, 2017

I love this course, it is indeed a project base course, hands-on. Excellent explanation on how and why things are done in android.

By gihan p

Jan 18, 2021

This is a very good course,who developing androod application.This course start from basic level so it will helpfull

for beginors.

By Shubham K

Jun 21, 2020

I love this course it taught me a lot about android basic and fundamental things I will recommend this course to my class fellows

By Ch Q R

Aug 4, 2020

An excellent course with the basic knowledge of android development. Although it lags many basic concepts but still a good one.

By Dharmik D P

Best android course for begineers. You will learn a lot from this course. Your base will be ready once you complete the course

By Walter P

Jun 15, 2016

Really looking forward to this class. Getting a better understanding of JAVA mixed with creating a mobile app sounds awesome.

By farah j

Nov 9, 2018

Very easy to understand and no doubt it help for those who already has worked with android.But lectures was simple and easy.

By Soumadip D

Apr 22, 2020

First of all I would like to thank Madam for designing this course very nicely.

This course is a great course for beginners.

By Jose A D l F

May 4, 2020

It is a great course indeed, thanks Dr Galtier, but I would recommend to update it to the current status of Android Studio

By Rohit M

Apr 7, 2020

This is really a wonderful course for beginners and those who want to pursue a career in the android development industry.