Back to Animal Behaviour and Welfare

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Animal Behaviour and Welfare by The University of Edinburgh

Animal welfare has been described as a complex, multi-faceted public policy issue which includes important scientific, ethical, and other dimensions. Improving our understanding of animal welfare, involves the fascinating study of animal behavior as well as the challenge of accessing the emotions of animals. This is the On-Demand version of this course, which means you can start the course at any time and work through the course materials at your own pace. The materials and quizzes will always be available to you. You can come and talk about the course on Twitter using the hashtag #EdAniWelf...

AS

This course was very informative and interesting! I enjoyed the lectures as well as the instructors and also loved that it focused on many different kinds animal welfare issues. Definitely recommend!

PR

Apr 28, 2020

Its a nicely designed course. It sheds light on many animal care practices and welfare. Very well instructions and quiz sessions are arranged. Many important learnings and takeaways from the course.

101 - 125 of 836 Reviews for Animal Behaviour and Welfare

By Marlena L

Jul 04, 2019

I think this is a wonderful course for veterinary students or others who simply want to learn more about animal welfare. As a veterinary student, I don't feel like I've learnt enough about animal welfare as part of my curriculum, so I was really happy to have found this course.

By Maria M

Mar 22, 2017

I found this course very interessting. It gives you a lot of information about animal welfare in different areas such as pets, farm animals, zoo animals and laboratory animals. It was easy to follow as the lessons were very clear and full of scientific data and real examples.

By Cristóbal G

Sep 23, 2020

Gran curso, aproxima los temas de manera objetiva y respetuosa, haciendo reflexionar y me otorgo conocimientos para ver a los animales desde una perspectiva más completa. Me agradó mucho que sean puras profesoras, todas demuestran un dominio en sus conocimientos que inspira.

By Emily B

Mar 05, 2020

I found this course to be very stimulating and interesting, it was well executed with lots of information in the videos and additional reading material. This course has been structured very well and the lecturers were very informative and made this topic easy to understand.

By Suhaib S K

Jun 03, 2020

Its my first online course and i should say that this one is very good,helping,motivating.its provided me with understandable lecture and view point on welfare of animal around the world in different situation .And i thank the whole team behind this course to make it good

By David S R P

May 10, 2017

If you have some concerns about animals around you and welfare issues related to them this course its a such a great place to begin your pursuit of knowlegde. Every lesson its straightforward and amusing and you gonna meet great lecturers in every lesson. Highly recommend

By Michelle E

Sep 29, 2020

I loved every part of this course, I have learn't so much on this course and learn't things i knew even knew about. This course really got to hooked and focused to complete this course. From information to quiz was very informative and very easy to follow and understand.

By Joselito S K

The course is very much up to date with current situations in regards animal welfare worldwide. I fine it very informative and educational. I am able to understand my own dogs behavior and exercise more patience and hope to become better more. Thank you very much .

By Taryn C

Sep 03, 2020

Amazing course for me. I have been debating whether or not I want to go back to school to work with animals. I decided to take this course as an introduction and it has been a great course. I learned a lot about the subject and really enjoyed the videos and readings.

By Amy-Rose C

May 07, 2020

Really enjoyed this course! Gave me a thorough yet simple understanding on animal welfare. I've learnt the basics through this course and its perfect for anyone starting out their animal career. I enjoyed being able to separate my emotions to the facts and research.

By Jennifer S

Apr 24, 2020

I very much enjoyed this course. I feel it provided just enough information to get a high over view of the animal welfare issues across farming and captivity. They provide extra reading material for those who want to dig deeper into a specific subject or topic.

By Susanne F

Jun 08, 2020

GREAT course !!! Brilliant teachers, excellent learning material and the fabulous mission to improve animal welfare worldwide by MOOC education. ABSOLUTELY RECOMMENDABLE :)

A HUGE THANK YOU to the UNIVERSITY OF EDINBURGH AND COURSERA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By Andrea W

Apr 16, 2020

I absolutely loved this course. The instructors were clear and provided informative and practical lectures that were stimulating and thought provoking. I enjoyed the manageable video lengths and the supplementary readings were very helpful and easy to follow.

By Vannia S P

Sep 21, 2020

It is a very interesting and interactive course that provides extensive knowledge about animal welfare in different areas. The lessons and videos are very dynamic! Great professionals, thank you for sharing such an incredible and important knowledge with us.

By Supavitra B

Apr 21, 2020

This quenched my thirst for the subject to a large extent as it has increased my hunger to study more & I so wish to now visit Edinburgh & Scotland. Many thanks to the faculty & all the experts who contributed. Also a thanks to Coursera! Babul, Mumbai, India

By Anup K

Apr 14, 2020

It is really exciting to go through this course, It has exposed me several aspect of animal welfare like pets,production and captive wild animals , Now I can say I have better understanding on animal wefare and how behaviour reflect animals feelings. Thanks

By Maria K

Jan 18, 2016

A very interesting course and a much needed one in the times that we leave...I found it very difficult not to be affected by my ethical views and emotions but I managed to complete the course and learn a lot of new things. Thank you for making it available!

By João B

May 04, 2020

Animal Behaviour and Welfare is a comprehensive course on the topic, that deals with it in an organized, professional and ethical way and lays down the basis for solid knowledge on the topic. Congratulations to the teaching team and technical support teams.

By Rafaela F

Jan 13, 2016

Excellent. As a veterinary student, I found this course to be very enlightening about the subject matter. I'm now able to implement some of what was learned about animal behaviour and welfare in my daily professional activities as well as in the classroom.

By Ghiandra N S S

Jan 28, 2020

This Course is very informative and very useful for me! The materials are easy to understand. The assignments and quizzes also enhance our knowledge and also help us to train our analytical skills. I would recommend this course to my friends. Thank you :)

By Juan P M A

Jun 08, 2020

This course is a great option for increasing your knowledge about veterinary and animal welfare.

If you are passionate abut animals and their welfare, do not think twice about singing up!

Thanks University Of Edinburgh and Coursera for this opportunity .

By John M H

Jun 02, 2020

The instructors were very informative. The videos were easy to understand and the content in the whole course was something i care about. Took longer to finish due to limited free time recently otherwise i woulda gladly completed it in a week. Loved it.

By Karunakar E

Very good course which is useful to me for my professional knowledge about Animal behaviour and welfare.Professors also very good and they had explained the subject clearly and in understanding manner.Thanks to all course developers for free in online.

By Kelly M

Aug 01, 2018

This course was very educational, and I enjoyed every minute of it. I am currently making a career change towards my passion with animals, so this was a great start! I look forward to taking more courses on here, and begin the next chapter in my life.

By Jens H B

Aug 22, 2020

Every module was an eye opener. The presentation was interesting, informative and engaged critical thinking. It enabled me to make some recommendations in our organisation to deliver a better understanding of an animal's behaviour through Ethograms.