Back to Animal Behaviour and Welfare

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Animal Behaviour and Welfare by The University of Edinburgh

Animal welfare has been described as a complex, multi-faceted public policy issue which includes important scientific, ethical, and other dimensions. Improving our understanding of animal welfare, involves the fascinating study of animal behavior as well as the challenge of accessing the emotions of animals. This is the On-Demand version of this course, which means you can start the course at any time and work through the course materials at your own pace. The materials and quizzes will always be available to you. You can come and talk about the course on Twitter using the hashtag #EdAniWelf...

AS
Jun 21, 2020

This course was very informative and interesting! I enjoyed the lectures as well as the instructors and also loved that it focused on many different kinds animal welfare issues. Definitely recommend!

PR
Apr 27, 2020

Its a nicely designed course. It sheds light on many animal care practices and welfare. Very well instructions and quiz sessions are arranged. Many important learnings and takeaways from the course.

101 - 125 of 949 Reviews for Animal Behaviour and Welfare

By Amelie K

Jan 26, 2016

Absolutely brilliant course. The pace, the information, the explanations, all very well done. I'll admit, some of the videos and images were difficult to watch, I would suggest a warning right before it is shown as to mentally prepare. However, I may be overly sensitive! Thank you for this course!

By Bryony M

Jun 28, 2016

Very informative, well put together, and just so nice to be able to take a course on this subject. Really appreciate the free courses by Edinburgh University's Veterinary School. I've done Equine Nutrition and Do You Have What it Takes to be a Vet? I really enjoyed both of them and learned a lot.

By Joe G

Apr 5, 2021

A highly informative and though provoking course that I have thoroughly enjoyed working through. It engaged my critical thinking skills and enabled challenging of bias in assessing welfare settings. As an aspiring vet med student, this has been very useful to understand how to assess welfare.

By oladipupo i o

Apr 11, 2020

This course is highly inspiring, it was garnishes with high quality video resources to aid students understanding, it has enlarge my scope about animal welfare, and pilot my interest in field of wildlife and production Animal welfare. Also, it has stimulate my interest in getting a pet (cat).

By Lilian A

Mar 7, 2016

Loved this course. It has really sparked my interest in learning more and building my small store of knowledge further. Good content, interesting lecturers, varied strands within overall subject. This is my second course run by Edinburgh University and I will certainly be looking for more.

By Sara Y

Oct 15, 2020

I learned a lot about animal welfare and will use this information as I develop my career in the zoological field. This also taught me a lot about farm animal life and how pets at home often don't have as great a life we think they do and what we can do to better their lives in the house.

By Catharina B G

Jun 9, 2020

I really enjoyed the course. The modules had a excellent content and it was easy to follow because all speakers described everything very well.

I would definitely do the course again! And obviously recommend it to anyone interested in animals and understanding better their welfare issues.

By Mara M

Aug 6, 2020

I really enjoyed this course, it was an amazing learning experience and I found it very intellectually stimulating. I now know a lot more about animal welfare than I did before beginning this course, and I am very grateful to the instructors for providing such great material. Thank you!

By Yamid G B G

Aug 2, 2020

Me gustó mucho la temática abordada en cada semana. Quizá me encantaría que completamente todos los videos estén subtitulados al español, así como también que haya videos complementarios que fortalezcan aún la teoría mirada en clase.

De verdad es muy genial el curso, aprendí muchísimo.

By federica t

Jul 13, 2019

Great course! Corso che apre la mente su problematiche a tutti molto vicine, anche se pensiamo che non ci riguardino. Qui viene descritto molto bene e imparzialmente come avviene l'allevamento, facendo riflettere su quello che si considera solo cibo, in realtà è molto di più, è vita.

By VIsnja J

Jun 8, 2020

Amazing course, I completed it in 3 days, couldn't take my eyes of it. These amazing women I got to listen and see during course, are my motivation, that maybe, one day I will have the opportunity to do something and maybe, change the world, like they do. Thank you for everything.

By Léa L

Thank you so much for this course even though I still have to watch others lectures (by the way I cannot open some PDF lectures and I have one of the last version of Adobe Reader on my computer, do you know why ?) Have a very good day and I hope to see you soon :)

Miss Léa LEROY.

By Ishel B

Mar 27, 2017

Wonderful class, gives a lot of information and points of views on how to improve animal welfare. Lessons were relevant, direct and easy to understand, a real asset to anyone in the animal welfare community or people working in animal agriculture. Great and sensitive instructors.

By Ned T

Nov 13, 2015

My major is not about agriculture, but I love this field very much. That is the reason why I spent my time with this course on Coursera. This on-demand course is very convenient for anyone who want to know more about animal agriculture. I strongly like and recommend this course.

By Adrija R

I believe and advocate for animal welfare at all times. This course with the videos, readings and quizzes broadened my horizon on animal welfare & behaviour. After having learnt from the course I now feel more confident and aware for my stance and advocacy for what I stand for.

By Marlena L

Jul 4, 2019

I think this is a wonderful course for veterinary students or others who simply want to learn more about animal welfare. As a veterinary student, I don't feel like I've learnt enough about animal welfare as part of my curriculum, so I was really happy to have found this course.

By Maria M

Mar 22, 2017

I found this course very interessting. It gives you a lot of information about animal welfare in different areas such as pets, farm animals, zoo animals and laboratory animals. It was easy to follow as the lessons were very clear and full of scientific data and real examples.

By Cristóbal G

Sep 23, 2020

Gran curso, aproxima los temas de manera objetiva y respetuosa, haciendo reflexionar y me otorgo conocimientos para ver a los animales desde una perspectiva más completa. Me agradó mucho que sean puras profesoras, todas demuestran un dominio en sus conocimientos que inspira.

By Emily B

Mar 5, 2020

I found this course to be very stimulating and interesting, it was well executed with lots of information in the videos and additional reading material. This course has been structured very well and the lecturers were very informative and made this topic easy to understand.

By Nourah A A S

Apr 7, 2021

A very well structured, very informative course. Excellent delivery, rich use of examples and illustrations. Excellent approach to address very delicate and emotionally charged issues. I enjoyed this course and I am thankful to the developers and coursera for enlisting it.

By Choudhry S A

Feb 27, 2021

First of all , I am very thankful to all of you...who teaches me alot about animal behavior..... And seriously it helps me a lot in understanding thier relationship and lots of things. All of you really hard working and also learn us in simple words . Thanks once again ☺️

By Suhaib S K

Jun 3, 2020

Its my first online course and i should say that this one is very good,helping,motivating.its provided me with understandable lecture and view point on welfare of animal around the world in different situation .And i thank the whole team behind this course to make it good

By David S R P

May 10, 2017

If you have some concerns about animals around you and welfare issues related to them this course its a such a great place to begin your pursuit of knowlegde. Every lesson its straightforward and amusing and you gonna meet great lecturers in every lesson. Highly recommend

By Michelle E

Sep 29, 2020

I loved every part of this course, I have learn't so much on this course and learn't things i knew even knew about. This course really got to hooked and focused to complete this course. From information to quiz was very informative and very easy to follow and understand.

By Joselito S K

Jun 21, 2020

The course is very much up to date with current situations in regards animal welfare worldwide. I fine it very informative and educational. I am able to understand my own dogs behavior and exercise more patience and hope to become better more. Thank you very much .