Back to Calculus: Single Variable Part 4 - Applications

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Calculus: Single Variable Part 4 - Applications by University of Pennsylvania

Calculus is one of the grandest achievements of human thought, explaining everything from planetary orbits to the optimal size of a city to the periodicity of a heartbeat. This brisk course covers the core ideas of single-variable Calculus with emphases on conceptual understanding and applications. The course is ideal for students beginning in the engineering, physical, and social sciences. Distinguishing features of the course include: 1) the introduction and use of Taylor series and approximations from the beginning; 2) a novel synthesis of discrete and continuous forms of Calculus; 3) an emphasis on the conceptual over the computational; and 4) a clear, dynamic, unified approach. In this fourth part--part four of five--we cover computing areas and volumes, other geometric applications, physical applications, and averages and mass. We also introduce probability....

CC

Jul 07, 2018

The course taught me about how calculus is used to explain probability and statistics. This is exactly what I need to began studying these areas.

AG

Jun 23, 2016

this was simply an amazing course, perfect for my skill level and exactly what i needed to learn. Thank you for the opportunity.

26 - 27 of 27 Reviews for Calculus: Single Variable Part 4 - Applications

By Justin J

Jun 20, 2018

Personally frustrating voice and severe lack of explanation on topics.

By Orestis S

Sep 08, 2019

The applications had nothing to do with my field of interest. I only completed the course so I can continue to the final part of the series. This could have been a supplementary course, not needed to get the certificate, or change some of the lectures for topics like economics and biology.