Back to Applied Data Science Capstone

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Applied Data Science Capstone by IBM

This capstone project course will give you a taste of what data scientists go through in real life when working with real datasets. You will assume the role of a Data Scientist working for a startup intending to compete with SpaceX, and in the process follow the Data Science methodology involving data collection, data wrangling, exploratory data analysis, data visualization, model development, model evaluation, and reporting your results to stakeholders. You are tasked with predicting if the first stage of the SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket will land successfully. SpaceX advertises Falcon 9 rocket launches on its website, with a cost of 62 million dollars; other providers cost upward of 165 million dollars each, much of the savings is because SpaceX can reuse the first stage. Therefore if you can accurately predict the likelihood of the first stage rocket landing successfully, you can determine the cost of a launch. With the help of your Data Science findings and models, the competing startup you have been hired by can make more informed bids against SpaceX for a rocket launch. This course is the final course in the IBM Data Science Professional Certificate as well as the Applied Data Science with Python Specialization. It is expected that you have completed all of the prior courses in the specialization/certificate before starting this one, as it requires the application of the knowledge and skills taught in those courses. In this course, there will not be too much new learning, and instead, the focus will be on hands-on work to demonstrate what you have learned in the previous courses. If you choose to take this course and earn the Coursera course certificate, you will also earn an IBM digital badge upon successful completion of the course....

LD
Oct 23, 2019

Its was great experience in completing the project using all skills that we learned in the course, thanks to coursera and IBM for giving me an opportunity to update my selft and also to test my skills

SG
Mar 3, 2020

Very good capstone project. Learnt lot of insights on how to represent data through out this course.\n\nVery good starting point for ""Data Science" field. I would definitely recommend this course.

101 - 125 of 733 Reviews for Applied Data Science Capstone

By Agustin P S

Feb 13, 2020

I'm glad we get to choose the theme of our final project, because I had a lot of fun, and not having any templates or guides to follow really tests what you have learned until now.

This course can either be really fun or really boring, depending on what YOU choose as your final project.

By Levllyn R

Fantastic, excellently curated

For the capstone , Week 3 was challenging to use the imports for Beautiful Soup (spent a day here and did not figure it out) . As this is different on different platforms, suggest improving this part . Else I loved it.

By Folorunsho E

Oct 15, 2019

Quite a long series of lectures, but it's definitely worth every minute. I've come to grow from a rudimentary understanding of data science to a level where i can tackle moderately difficult exercises. It was a thralling learning experience for me.

By Ioana B

Feb 21, 2021

The IBM Data Science Specialization includes everything you need to know about data science. The classes are very comprehensive and can be considered as being for an intermediate level. Very well explained and the hands on labs are very helpful.

By Sarah S

Jan 9, 2019

Completing this course has really opened a lot of avenues for me in the internship realm, I feel like I have experience with important concepts that open the doors to the places and jobs I want to go. This course was tricky, but worth it.

By Galib H K

Apr 10, 2019

The Capstone project was great. It helped me to get some hands-on experiment on data Science. Just one thing, the project should be more open and the restriction of using Foursquare API should not be there. Overall, great course really!

By Robert T

Sep 30, 2021

Applied Data Science Capstone is the final course in IBM data science specialization 10 course program. The course includes all skills learned in previous 9 and a bit of extra. Great course to finalize the program and text the learner.

By Jafed E G

Jul 6, 2019

By Prem V

This course is really helpful for me, it has given me complete idea about Datascience and lots of Hands on exercise, given me lot of confidence to handle real life data problem alone and bring out useful insights out of it. Thank you

By William B L

May 16, 2019

i have learned a great deal about the tools, methodology, and procedures of data science over the course of these classes. All of this will be critical to building a new career. This course has really empowered my curiosity.

By SHUBHAM K

Sep 21, 2020

This last project was given in such amnner that all that we learnt in the last 8 courses could be checked at once. I enjoyed a lot doin this course as well as the overall certification. Thanks a lot mentors, IBM and Coursera.

By Joseph G

Jan 30, 2020

This was great! The review, the practice capstone, and then having the freedom to do our own thing. It took a really long time for me to get it right, but I am so proud of my final product and the fact that I did it myself!

By Emad D

Jan 30, 2020

I've never imagined I'd be able to produce these insightful results and valuable conclusion from the scattered data. It was really fun and joyful going through the entire specialization, I'd recommend this course strongly.

By Brian B

Dec 30, 2020

Thorough exercising of everything learned in the courses that lead up to this final capstone project. Python data structures, absorbing files, machine learning, visualizations, and other essential aspects of data science.

By Shepherd M

Jul 12, 2020

It was really insightful, coming from knowing almost nothing about data science or tools used in data science, it was easy to understand and follow while not feeling shallow. Just the right amount of information density.

By Xiaolin Z

Apr 28, 2019

This capstone project is challenge and fun. You are going to use what you have learned to complete an anlysis of a topic. What is more meaningful thing is that you can learn from others by reading their report and code.

By Luis A A

Aug 27, 2021

Very good module to put in practice everything that has been learned on the previous IBM Data Science courses by creating a custom project, developing a Python notebook and elaborating a report and presentation or blog

By Ka M W

May 3, 2020

Great course. Capstone project courses always sounds intimidating. Nevertheless with the first three weeks with some practices and guidance, it made the final project exercise very much enjoyable. Highly recommended

By Bhavesh G

Apr 9, 2020

I learn lot many new things during this course to complete my capstone project. I specially thanks to Instructor Alex Aklson, who taught location based API i.e. foursquare, neighborhood segmentation and clustering.

By Antonio S

Mar 30, 2020

Great course! A few suggestions to improve might be: make sure the labs.cognitiveclass notebook page work - it's had had problems for weeks; some of the exercise notebooks from the IBM authors have blatant typos.

By Amit A

Nov 18, 2019

I am glad to have taken up this course and it was very well crafted assignment that allows you to use your skills from pandas, data visualization, Foursquare API and machine learning algorithms to name a few.

By Sergei M

Jul 9, 2019

Excellent course that at the same time provides rich set of tools to get insights from raw data and also stimulate to learn a bunch of additional methods and techniques to make this capstone project perfect!

By Aastha M

Nov 22, 2020

This course helped me to apply the Data Science learnings which I learnt throughout the course. Thank you Coursera and IBM for providing such a wonderful opportunity and helping me enhance my skill set.

By Abhishek P G

Jul 7, 2020

Thank you for this course. I get know experience and knowledge in using different kinds of online tools which are useful and effective. I'll use some of them during my lessons. And lots of thanks.

JR

By JUAN S M P

Aug 23, 2020

Great course ! Although it was the most difficult one for me, I enjoyed to much putting all pieces together to solve a problem in the real world ! Thank you very much to the professor an to IBM !