Back to Applied Data Science Capstone

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Applied Data Science Capstone by IBM

This capstone project course will give you a taste of what data scientists go through in real life when working with data. You will learn about location data and different location data providers, such as Foursquare. You will learn how to make RESTful API calls to the Foursquare API to retrieve data about venues in different neighborhoods around the world. You will also learn how to be creative in situations where data are not readily available by scraping web data and parsing HTML code. You will utilize Python and its pandas library to manipulate data, which will help you refine your skills for exploring and analyzing data. Finally, you will be required to use the Folium library to great maps of geospatial data and to communicate your results and findings. If you choose to take this course and earn the Coursera course certificate, you will also earn an IBM digital badge upon successful completion of the course. LIMITED TIME OFFER: Subscription is only $39 USD per month for access to graded materials and a certificate....

TH

Jul 10, 2019

This is a great course and lots of fun. But it is a big commitment and you need to take it seriously. To get the most out of this course you will need to spend at least 30 hours doing it.

YS

Jul 10, 2019

This course is instructive and challenging at the same time. Now I do wish I know a bit more about python and pandas before I jump in this course. But in the end I managed to get through.

101 - 125 of 145 Reviews for Applied Data Science Capstone

By Чернова И Р

Jul 19, 2019

It was hard work but great experience

By Nur C N

Jul 23, 2019

This course is really good and give enough challenge on the final project, especially on how to get data from multiple sources: scraping data from web, call APIs, and visualize it on map after call the clustering algorithm. I like the way we should prepare all material to complete the course like visual presentation with slide/blog post, report, and share the code in GitHub. Really glad I take all these 9 courses, can't wait to take other specialization course.

By Arunjith M

Jul 28, 2019

This is where you apply what you learned. I must say it is challenging, interesting and absolutely great. !!

By Demetrius M

Jul 29, 2019

This course is great for testing all of the knowledge acquired throughout the Program and providing a good start to a professional portfolio of projects.

By Liliana R

Jul 31, 2019

the capstone depends of the person, for me was difficult but at the end I learned a lot

By Mostafa A A

Aug 01, 2019

Very professional

By Lipin A

Aug 03, 2019

I had to use almost all my skills I have obtained during IBM certification course. It was extremely useful and I feel now my skills enhanced.

By Akshay B

Aug 03, 2019

Great course to get hands-on experience on complete data science methodology!

By Chung-Han L

Aug 06, 2019

Good course. I learned much by running this project.

By Ankit M

Aug 07, 2019

completing the Capstone project makes you eligible to handle any data science project

By Farai M

Aug 07, 2019

Great hands on course which gives a solid foundation to enthusiastic data scientists

By Rohan B

Aug 08, 2019

Lets you do the actual work of working on something you like with all the tools this course has equipped you with in previous courses.

By Satya V P C

Aug 17, 2019

Very good that, This modules makes the preparer to learn and practically implement the concepts what is learned in the last 8 modules.

This is very helpful.

By Lam C V D

Aug 16, 2019

I considered the project Advanced level for a beginner in Data Science

By Shirley C

Aug 17, 2019

Intense and very rewarding at the end of hard work :-)

By Sheen D

Aug 18, 2019

It is nice to put all the learning into test, work on some creative project.

By Rakesh P

Aug 23, 2019

Very engaging course

By Roger S

Jan 18, 2019

Hard final assignment. But a good way to wrap up the certificate.

By Hardik R S

Feb 24, 2019

Little bit hard

By Siddharth J

Mar 24, 2019

Last week took me too much time, but that was my own laziness. The course is well designed and taught me a lot about data cleaning, and strict deadlines are also a good learning. Thank you.

By Nishant V

Apr 08, 2019

Overall this is a tough course, since it mainly involves building your own project with your idea and using the tools,technologies which we have learnt in previous courses.

By Liam M

Mar 12, 2019

A good finish to the course, but a bit too much work. This final project + report + presentation seemed a bit excessive

By Kevin H

Mar 12, 2019

The project more or less limit the ML algorithm to unsupervised learning only

By Varun V

Mar 13, 2019

The course should have explained more about using the Four Squrae API.

By Soon K G

Mar 10, 2019

Good course that teaches the fundamentals of Data Science, although not much focus on machine learning.