Back to Applied Data Science Capstone

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Applied Data Science Capstone by IBM

This capstone project course will give you a taste of what data scientists go through in real life when working with data. You will learn about location data and different location data providers, such as Foursquare. You will learn how to make RESTful API calls to the Foursquare API to retrieve data about venues in different neighborhoods around the world. You will also learn how to be creative in situations where data are not readily available by scraping web data and parsing HTML code. You will utilize Python and its pandas library to manipulate data, which will help you refine your skills for exploring and analyzing data. Finally, you will be required to use the Folium library to great maps of geospatial data and to communicate your results and findings. If you choose to take this course and earn the Coursera course certificate, you will also earn an IBM digital badge upon successful completion of the course. LIMITED TIME OFFER: Subscription is only $39 USD per month for access to graded materials and a certificate....

LD
Oct 23, 2019

Its was great experience in completing the project using all skills that we learned in the course, thanks to coursera and IBM for giving me an opportunity to update my selft and also to test my skills

SG
Mar 3, 2020

Very good capstone project. Learnt lot of insights on how to represent data through out this course.\n\nVery good starting point for ""Data Science" field. I would definitely recommend this course.

76 - 100 of 639 Reviews for Applied Data Science Capstone

By Srinivas M B

May 13, 2019

This Course is excellent and it gives Data Science,Methodology,python programming,Machine learning algorithims,Labs Excercises,Assignments and finally Capstone Project is worth to gain very good skills and knowledge.With this course I gained very strong skills and am now very confident in this Data Scientist field. Thank You Coursera and IBM for this course.

By Hari K G

Sep 12, 2019

This is wonderful platform for enthusiastic Data Scientists aspirants to learn sophisticated empirical analysis to understand and make predictions about complex systems. Demonstrated methods and tooling from probability and statistics, mathematics, and computer science and primarily focus on extracting insights from data.

ThankYou

Hari Kumar G

By James M C

Sep 22, 2020

Fantastic culmination of the Data Science Professional Certificate! This course provided excellent review in creating maps and using machine learning tools, and the final project is a great opportunity to practice many of the skills learned in previous courses as you analyze a real world data set of your choosing. Challenging and rewarding.

By Mathang P

Apr 28, 2020

This is an excellent course. I had learnt the real-world applications of foursquare API and how we can find out the restaurants, coffee shops, shopping malls etc. within a particular neighbourhood and how to cluster them. I am completely satisfied with the course and content is of very good quality and the lab sessions are excellent too!

By Abhishek S

Oct 21, 2019

Great Specialization. I thank the whole team of IBM and Coursera for providing me this valuable knowledge. This specialization is my first stepping stone towards my aim of becoming a Data Scientist.

Also, I would love to convey thanks to Coursera for this wonderful Financial aid program, only because of which I completed this course.

By Christopher D E C

Nov 4, 2020

What a fantastic learning experience! This course series has been an amazing journey and I'm proud to say I finally learned Python (and data science) after years of being afraid of programming. This course series has opened many new possibilities for me and I highly recommend it to anyone curious about data science!

By Kalirajan N

May 15, 2020

The capstone project lets the learner to apply their Data Science skills learned through out the course. All the assignments are peer graded. It is good in one sense, however periodical review from the course admins might make the course grades more authentic and not left to the mercy of the peer reviewers.

By Tareq A

Apr 27, 2019

It's a high technical course includes new professional and market need tools. In addition to that it review the previous courses tools and used to build our final capstone project.

Thank you, IBM, Thank you, Coursera, Thank you, all Instructors and students who participate in the discussion of courses forum.

By Yixuan Z

Jun 1, 2020

I really like the hands-on exercises in this course, very interesting. And the capstone project make me review all skills I've leart in this course. I hope I could become an volunteer TA for this Data Science course and contribute to our learner community. Thank you for providing this course!

By Agustin P S

Feb 13, 2020

I'm glad we get to choose the theme of our final project, because I had a lot of fun, and not having any templates or guides to follow really tests what you have learned until now.

This course can either be really fun or really boring, depending on what YOU choose as your final project.

By Levllyn R

Fantastic, excellently curated

For the capstone , Week 3 was challenging to use the imports for Beautiful Soup (spent a day here and did not figure it out) . As this is different on different platforms, suggest improving this part . Else I loved it.

By Folorunsho E

Oct 15, 2019

Quite a long series of lectures, but it's definitely worth every minute. I've come to grow from a rudimentary understanding of data science to a level where i can tackle moderately difficult exercises. It was a thralling learning experience for me.

By Sarah S

Jan 9, 2019

Completing this course has really opened a lot of avenues for me in the internship realm, I feel like I have experience with important concepts that open the doors to the places and jobs I want to go. This course was tricky, but worth it.

By Galib H K

Apr 10, 2019

The Capstone project was great. It helped me to get some hands-on experiment on data Science. Just one thing, the project should be more open and the restriction of using Foursquare API should not be there. Overall, great course really!

By Jafed E G

Jul 6, 2019

By Prem V

This course is really helpful for me, it has given me complete idea about Datascience and lots of Hands on exercise, given me lot of confidence to handle real life data problem alone and bring out useful insights out of it. Thank you

By William B L

May 16, 2019

i have learned a great deal about the tools, methodology, and procedures of data science over the course of these classes. All of this will be critical to building a new career. This course has really empowered my curiosity.

By SHUBHAM K

Sep 21, 2020

This last project was given in such amnner that all that we learnt in the last 8 courses could be checked at once. I enjoyed a lot doin this course as well as the overall certification. Thanks a lot mentors, IBM and Coursera.

By Joseph G

Jan 30, 2020

This was great! The review, the practice capstone, and then having the freedom to do our own thing. It took a really long time for me to get it right, but I am so proud of my final product and the fact that I did it myself!

By Emad

Jan 30, 2020

I've never imagined I'd be able to produce these insightful results and valuable conclusion from the scattered data. It was really fun and joyful going through the entire specialization, I'd recommend this course strongly.

By Brian B

Dec 30, 2020

Thorough exercising of everything learned in the courses that lead up to this final capstone project. Python data structures, absorbing files, machine learning, visualizations, and other essential aspects of data science.

By Shepherd M

Jul 12, 2020

It was really insightful, coming from knowing almost nothing about data science or tools used in data science, it was easy to understand and follow while not feeling shallow. Just the right amount of information density.

By 朱晓琳

Apr 28, 2019

This capstone project is challenge and fun. You are going to use what you have learned to complete an anlysis of a topic. What is more meaningful thing is that you can learn from others by reading their report and code.

By Ka M W

May 3, 2020

Great course. Capstone project courses always sounds intimidating. Nevertheless with the first three weeks with some practices and guidance, it made the final project exercise very much enjoyable. Highly recommended

By Bhavesh G

Apr 9, 2020

I learn lot many new things during this course to complete my capstone project. I specially thanks to Instructor Alex Aklson, who taught location based API i.e. foursquare, neighborhood segmentation and clustering.