Back to Applied Data Science Capstone

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Applied Data Science Capstone by IBM

This capstone project course will give you a taste of what data scientists go through in real life when working with data. You will learn about location data and different location data providers, such as Foursquare. You will learn how to make RESTful API calls to the Foursquare API to retrieve data about venues in different neighborhoods around the world. You will also learn how to be creative in situations where data are not readily available by scraping web data and parsing HTML code. You will utilize Python and its pandas library to manipulate data, which will help you refine your skills for exploring and analyzing data. Finally, you will be required to use the Folium library to great maps of geospatial data and to communicate your results and findings. If you choose to take this course and earn the Coursera course certificate, you will also earn an IBM digital badge upon successful completion of the course. LIMITED TIME OFFER: Subscription is only $39 USD per month for access to graded materials and a certificate....

LD

Oct 24, 2019

Its was great experience in completing the project using all skills that we learned in the course, thanks to coursera and IBM for giving me an opportunity to update my selft and also to test my skills

YS

Jul 10, 2019

This course is instructive and challenging at the same time. Now I do wish I know a bit more about python and pandas before I jump in this course. But in the end I managed to get through.

76 - 100 of 220 Reviews for Applied Data Science Capstone

By Chris G

Apr 07, 2019

Challenging course that allowed you to apply all that you learned. Forced to learn multiple APIs to complete final project.

By Janki K

Apr 08, 2019

Great experience doing Assignment!!

By Maneesh H D

Apr 09, 2019

Really good and fun to go thru the complete lifecycle of a data science assignment

By Galib H K

Apr 10, 2019

The Capstone project was great. It helped me to get some hands-on experiment on data Science. Just one thing, the project should be more open and the restriction of using Foursquare API should not be there. Overall, great course really!

By Tang K T

May 13, 2019

Excellent courses with intensive training!

By William B L

May 17, 2019

i have learned a great deal about the tools, methodology, and procedures of data science over the course of these classes. All of this will be critical to building a new career. This course has really empowered my curiosity.

By Yui C L

May 26, 2019

nice to know foursquare, beautiful soup

By Andrew C

May 30, 2019

Good Although, I would request the final project not be restricted to using Foursquare API.

By Prateek V

Jun 08, 2019

Best Course i have ever studied online

By Gary T

Jun 16, 2019

What a Challenge. This has changed my outlook and career prospect so enjoy it.

By HIDESHI Y

Jun 16, 2019

Hands on course was very effective to learn actual programming, structure of report, how to use GitHub, and overall process for data science.

By Yu-Chi B

Jun 21, 2019

It's a really solid course. Take me lots of time but also let me learned a lot. It can improve your self-learning skills.

By Vithyabathi

Jun 24, 2019

Great Course with clear Instructions

By Eleni K

Jun 27, 2019

The most challenging and interesting course so far!

By Paulo B M d S

Jun 27, 2019

Best course from IBM Data Science Specialization

By LINDA A L

Jul 01, 2019

Flying with Python: https://xkcd.com/353/

By Omid M

Jul 03, 2019

Very good and creative course

By Jafed E

Jul 06, 2019

By Luis H

Jul 09, 2019

No es posible concluir el último ejercicio.

By Sergei M

Jul 09, 2019

Excellent course that at the same time provides rich set of tools to get insights from raw data and also stimulate to learn a bunch of additional methods and techniques to make this capstone project perfect!

By Lingjun K

Jul 08, 2019

Wonderful journey much rewarding I am totally satisfied.

By Ted H

Jul 10, 2019

This is a great course and lots of fun. But it is a big commitment and you need to take it seriously. To get the most out of this course you will need to spend at least 30 hours doing it.

By Yibing S

By Hari S J

Jul 14, 2019

Great learning experience

By James C

Jul 14, 2019

Good class, very useful. Peer grading is a great idea, don't like the practice of posting notes in the forum with subjects like "You grade mine and I'll grade yours." At the least, it gives the appearance of cheating. It is also wasteful, as it leads to some assignments being graded multiple times while others are waiting in the queue. This is a practice that Coursera encourages, which is baffling to me. Even in the last class in a 9 class series, I ran into people submitting blank or nearly blank assignments, with no content or inappropriate content, who were apparently hoping for a pity pass or cheating.