Back to Applied Data Science Capstone

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Applied Data Science Capstone by IBM

This capstone project course will give you a taste of what data scientists go through in real life when working with data. You will learn about location data and different location data providers, such as Foursquare. You will learn how to make RESTful API calls to the Foursquare API to retrieve data about venues in different neighborhoods around the world. You will also learn how to be creative in situations where data are not readily available by scraping web data and parsing HTML code. You will utilize Python and its pandas library to manipulate data, which will help you refine your skills for exploring and analyzing data. Finally, you will be required to use the Folium library to great maps of geospatial data and to communicate your results and findings. If you choose to take this course and earn the Coursera course certificate, you will also earn an IBM digital badge upon successful completion of the course. LIMITED TIME OFFER: Subscription is only $39 USD per month for access to graded materials and a certificate....

LD

Oct 24, 2019

Its was great experience in completing the project using all skills that we learned in the course, thanks to coursera and IBM for giving me an opportunity to update my selft and also to test my skills

TH

Jul 10, 2019

This is a great course and lots of fun. But it is a big commitment and you need to take it seriously. To get the most out of this course you will need to spend at least 30 hours doing it.

151 - 175 of 219 Reviews for Applied Data Science Capstone

By Sean R

Nov 15, 2019

Great way to wrap everything we learned up!

By R A N

Oct 08, 2019

I feel very challenging and very encouraged for this course

Thanks to IBM team for this course.

By Diego S

Oct 09, 2019

Awesome!!

By Alfonso P

Oct 09, 2019

Excellent, Course that completes the vision and application of Data Science

By Amit A

Nov 18, 2019

I am glad to have taken up this course and it was very well crafted assignment that allows you to use your skills from pandas, data visualization, Foursquare API and machine learning algorithms to name a few.

By Muhammad A K

Nov 20, 2019

This course gives learners a chance to practice data science skills

By Denis

Nov 23, 2019

Amazing course.

By Leon H

Nov 27, 2019

Excellent and challenging. Had great fun doing it. Learned a lot and the capstone project was an interesting way to cover all that was learned. Proud of my achievement.

By Bijoyendra R

Excellent Course

By Weixuan L

Nov 27, 2019

Took a lot of time but definitely worth it!

By Shreayan C

Nov 29, 2019

Really informative course, got to learn many practical applications of data science and made a really interesting project.

By Konstantina V

Nov 09, 2019

The best way to learn is to apply things into practice and spend time testing how all these techniques can help you answer the questions you are interested in.

By SACHIN G

Oct 31, 2019

Amazing Course

By Vivek K

Nov 02, 2019

I Appreciate IBM to Provide me such a Platform. Awesome experience and learnt a lot of things. Thank you once again!!

By Marvin L

Oct 31, 2019

It was very good.. Overall. few things I like to add.

Sharing my notebook from Cloud was not working a lots time.

GitHub , or Jupiter Notebook with simple 2 lines of coding did not work..

Also, a lot of time, cloud machine just spins.. -- without showing it

My resource got close to limit , - Could not add more code..

Instructions were out of date, could not be applied current version

Working with Cloud machine was challenging !!

By Parab N S

An excellent capstone project for Applied Data Science by IBM

By Shannon C R

Excellent! Thanks!

By Folorunsho E

Oct 15, 2019

Quite a long series of lectures, but it's definitely worth every minute. I've come to grow from a rudimentary understanding of data science to a level where i can tackle moderately difficult exercises. It was a thralling learning experience for me.

By Arnab K C

Oct 20, 2019

Very good Capstone

By Тимофеев Е А

Oct 21, 2019

excellent course, a lot of practical work, interesting tasks close to reality

By Piyush L

Oct 21, 2019

This is the best part of the specialization and I learned a lot in this Capstone Project. If you've been doing all of the 8 previous courses, believe me those 8 courses are nothing compared to this course when it comes to putting time and hard work. You will learn a lot of things including web scraping, connecting to a url, using geolocation services to get data about a location. You'll also use foursquare API to get popular venues in a particular location. This project is super interesting but at the same you have to put in a lot of work too! It took me more than a month to do this capstone alone but it can be easily done in around 3 weeks if you're dedicated in completing it.

By Abhishek S

Oct 21, 2019

Great Specialization. I thank the whole team of IBM and Coursera for providing me this valuable knowledge. This specialization is my first stepping stone towards my aim of becoming a Data Scientist.

Also, I would love to convey thanks to Coursera for this wonderful Financial aid program, only because of which I completed this course.

By 李政君(Li Z

Nov 08, 2019

Awesome course! The project is real-life and chanllenging, refereshes my understanding of several important data science concepts as well as programing skills through it.