Back to Applied Data Science Capstone

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Applied Data Science Capstone by IBM

This capstone project course will give you a taste of what data scientists go through in real life when working with data. You will learn about location data and different location data providers, such as Foursquare. You will learn how to make RESTful API calls to the Foursquare API to retrieve data about venues in different neighborhoods around the world. You will also learn how to be creative in situations where data are not readily available by scraping web data and parsing HTML code. You will utilize Python and its pandas library to manipulate data, which will help you refine your skills for exploring and analyzing data. Finally, you will be required to use the Folium library to great maps of geospatial data and to communicate your results and findings. If you choose to take this course and earn the Coursera course certificate, you will also earn an IBM digital badge upon successful completion of the course. LIMITED TIME OFFER: Subscription is only $39 USD per month for access to graded materials and a certificate....

LD

Oct 24, 2019

Its was great experience in completing the project using all skills that we learned in the course, thanks to coursera and IBM for giving me an opportunity to update my selft and also to test my skills

SG

Mar 04, 2020

Very good capstone project. Learnt lot of insights on how to represent data through out this course.\n\nVery good starting point for ""Data Science" field. I would definitely recommend this course.

476 - 500 of 593 Reviews for Applied Data Science Capstone

By Edward J

Aug 25, 2020

A real challenge! There were moments of frustration, particularly when libraries wouldn't work on different Jupyter notebooks. However, I have learnt so much. All the courses in this professional certificate have prepared me well... but there are also some very knowledgeable people in the data community.

By Pedro F

Sep 13, 2019

Valuable course to know more about Foursquare API, but short in content (more focused on assigning a final project). Maybe more tools or even templates for reports and/or presentations would make it more useful.

By Brandon B

May 16, 2020

Overall a solid course. I wish there was a little more explanation of the code that was used but this capstone definitely pushed me to learn and get better. Thanks IBM and Coursera for the course!

By William O

Aug 17, 2020

This course for me was very challenging, not only for the assessments but also because I introduced new tools to my study like APIs. I really appreciate the time and the knowledge you gave me.

By Siddharth J

Mar 24, 2019

Last week took me too much time, but that was my own laziness. The course is well designed and taught me a lot about data cleaning, and strict deadlines are also a good learning. Thank you.

By RAJA S R

Jun 07, 2020

Overall it was a good course. It could have been better is the support staff for the course were available answering questions. Some of the materials are outdated and needs to be updated.

By Ritvik S

Sep 28, 2020

Very in-depth and rewarding project - would be a little better if more specific guidance on what to exactly include in the notebook would be better. But overall very stimulating. Thanks!

By Giselle

Oct 10, 2020

The capstone project was difficult. I struggled to incorporate the concepts I learned throughout this training in the final project, however I don't have any statistics background .

By Mustafa A

Jul 05, 2019

The capstone project was not very identical to what is covered in the course. We are briefly taught Foliujm Library but at the end, it was our final project. This was a minus point.

By Nishant V

Apr 08, 2019

Overall this is a tough course, since it mainly involves building your own project with your idea and using the tools,technologies which we have learnt in previous courses.

By Sudarshan

Oct 04, 2020

Nice course. Gave me good understanding and insight of how Python can be used in Data Science and what are different solutions and approaches currently in use in industry.

By Joe A

Oct 03, 2020

I learn't a lot from this course. reinforced and needed to apply whatever I learn't in previous courses. Had to work on Python coding, pandas, Folium, Foursquare, etc.

By Petter W

Apr 13, 2020

Great course and project, I would have liked to get a bit more freedom in what API to use. But great to have a bigger project to work on as you learn most from that.

By NOUBISSI C

Mar 17, 2020

Cours vraiment, permet à l'étudiant d'être dans une situation réelle et met l'accent sur la compréhension même des différentes tâche à travers le rapport à fournir.

By Nathalia P

Sep 05, 2020

The course has to be revised, it has a lot of notebook problems. The content is very good, but it was exhausting to make the activities and to finish it.

By Parth G

Overall, a good beginner's level project course. But, it will require a lot of input from the student side, which is necessary for one's growth.

By Ramsrinivas A

Jan 29, 2020

It is excellent, especially getting to know about foursquare ApI is exciting. But still some part of the codes can be explained from the scratch

By Sylvian M

Aug 21, 2020

Some courses where not as good as others, but the value you get with the lab, provided you keep them and understand them, are of great value.

By Baptiste M

Nov 28, 2019

Solid finisher with enough freedom and constraints to give a framework for notation yet remaining interesting while preventing to drift away.

By Durojaye P

Feb 17, 2020

The course is absolutely a good one for beginners, a category which i fall into. I am sure it will help me in my career as a data scientist.

By Jianxu S

Sep 21, 2019

An excellent course to learn how to use location data in data science. The last couple of sections can be long hours but worth the effort.

By Jonah V J

Apr 09, 2020

This course is an eye opener for me. It has open another chapter in my career develoment. Am greatly greatful to all my instructors

By Pothakamuri S S

Sep 27, 2020

Great course to start your data science proficiency. Courses are brilliantly organised and notebooks were of great experience.

By jagadeesh k

Jul 02, 2019

awesome project, but report writing and report preparing is very tough task, youngsters don't like time waste on report

By Liam M

Mar 12, 2019

A good finish to the course, but a bit too much work. This final project + report + presentation seemed a bit excessive