Back to Applied Data Science Capstone

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Applied Data Science Capstone by IBM

This capstone project course will give you a taste of what data scientists go through in real life when working with data. You will learn about location data and different location data providers, such as Foursquare. You will learn how to make RESTful API calls to the Foursquare API to retrieve data about venues in different neighborhoods around the world. You will also learn how to be creative in situations where data are not readily available by scraping web data and parsing HTML code. You will utilize Python and its pandas library to manipulate data, which will help you refine your skills for exploring and analyzing data. Finally, you will be required to use the Folium library to great maps of geospatial data and to communicate your results and findings. If you choose to take this course and earn the Coursera course certificate, you will also earn an IBM digital badge upon successful completion of the course. LIMITED TIME OFFER: Subscription is only $39 USD per month for access to graded materials and a certificate....

LD

Oct 24, 2019

Its was great experience in completing the project using all skills that we learned in the course, thanks to coursera and IBM for giving me an opportunity to update my selft and also to test my skills

SG

Mar 04, 2020

Very good capstone project. Learnt lot of insights on how to represent data through out this course.\n\nVery good starting point for ""Data Science" field. I would definitely recommend this course.

476 - 500 of 568 Reviews for Applied Data Science Capstone

By Ramsrinivas A

Jan 29, 2020

It is excellent, especially getting to know about foursquare ApI is exciting. But still some part of the codes can be explained from the scratch

By Sylvian M

Aug 21, 2020

Some courses where not as good as others, but the value you get with the lab, provided you keep them and understand them, are of great value.

By Baptiste M

Nov 28, 2019

Solid finisher with enough freedom and constraints to give a framework for notation yet remaining interesting while preventing to drift away.

By Durojaye P

Feb 17, 2020

The course is absolutely a good one for beginners, a category which i fall into. I am sure it will help me in my career as a data scientist.

By Jianxu S

Sep 21, 2019

An excellent course to learn how to use location data in data science. The last couple of sections can be long hours but worth the effort.

By Jonah V J

Apr 09, 2020

This course is an eye opener for me. It has open another chapter in my career develoment. Am greatly greatful to all my instructors

By jagadeesh k

Jul 02, 2019

awesome project, but report writing and report preparing is very tough task, youngsters don't like time waste on report

By Liam M

Mar 12, 2019

A good finish to the course, but a bit too much work. This final project + report + presentation seemed a bit excessive

By Phuong A N

Apr 23, 2020

Challenging but interesting course. It help me to review everything I have learned and apply it in my real problem.

By Frederico G F J

Aug 13, 2020

Some topics repeat from module to module. The exercises seemed to advanced for the knowledge taught in the videos.

By Cebe C

Mar 13, 2020

THough the capstone was very useful, my project was not accurate enough as Four-Square did not give accurate data

By LAURA T G

May 03, 2020

The last modules need to be reviewed in order to remove updating or errors

On the other hand it was just great

By Hunter W I

Apr 22, 2020

Enjoyed actual application of skills learned for the first time in all these courses for the certificate lol

By yelamanchili v r

Jun 13, 2020

good to have it very complicated unless you complete the previous courses of this relavent specialization

By Hugo R

Oct 21, 2019

The contents of the courses are good, but I feel that there could be more support to student questions.

By Soon K G

Mar 10, 2019

Good course that teaches the fundamentals of Data Science, although not much focus on machine learning.

By Wilton B

Sep 29, 2019

Challenging and good, it is good to be creative and invest the necessary hours to get a good project.

By Seungwon ( S

Jun 09, 2019

touch assignment but it drives me to keep studying and research from several sources on the web. ;)

By Mehregan K

Sep 09, 2020

This course allows you to apply modern techniques to real life tasks and consolidate your skills.

By David R J

Jun 28, 2020

Really good, the only issue was the doubts I could have and I had to search them on the internet.

By Ammar B

Excellent course for applying the knowledge learned throughout the certificate program.

By Srinivas S R B

May 02, 2020

Wonderful Expericence But I Didnt get the Specilization Badge Only Capstone badge I got

By LINSON P

its a very good program for those who wants to start with the basics of data science

By aims

Jun 12, 2020

It's great. Minus one star for changing an assignment's requirements in the middle.

By Kartik H N

Jul 03, 2020

you should allow students to use datasets other than which requires Foursquare