Back to Applied Data Science Capstone

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Applied Data Science Capstone by IBM

This capstone project course will give you a taste of what data scientists go through in real life when working with data. You will learn about location data and different location data providers, such as Foursquare. You will learn how to make RESTful API calls to the Foursquare API to retrieve data about venues in different neighborhoods around the world. You will also learn how to be creative in situations where data are not readily available by scraping web data and parsing HTML code. You will utilize Python and its pandas library to manipulate data, which will help you refine your skills for exploring and analyzing data. Finally, you will be required to use the Folium library to great maps of geospatial data and to communicate your results and findings. If you choose to take this course and earn the Coursera course certificate, you will also earn an IBM digital badge upon successful completion of the course. LIMITED TIME OFFER: Subscription is only $39 USD per month for access to graded materials and a certificate....

LD

Oct 24, 2019

Its was great experience in completing the project using all skills that we learned in the course, thanks to coursera and IBM for giving me an opportunity to update my selft and also to test my skills

SG

Mar 04, 2020

Very good capstone project. Learnt lot of insights on how to represent data through out this course.\n\nVery good starting point for ""Data Science" field. I would definitely recommend this course.

151 - 175 of 522 Reviews for Applied Data Science Capstone

By Sébastien W

Dec 03, 2019

I found the level of the exercises and projects appropriate, at least what an aspiring data scientist is supposed to get

By Kevin C

Jan 22, 2020

This was a great course. Being able to apply all of the knowledge gained from the rest of the specialisation was great!

By Amol P

Jul 16, 2020

It is good training session and real time example for fresher. thanks a lot to coursera for such type of certificate.

By Vivek K

Nov 02, 2019

I Appreciate IBM to Provide me such a Platform. Awesome experience and learnt a lot of things. Thank you once again!!

By Phan Q

Oct 02, 2019

The process helps me a lot not only in writing python code, but also create stories through report and presentation.

By Nicklas N

Feb 13, 2019

Hands on, a stumping project at the end, as well as lots of new skills and ideas to take with you. A real challenge!

By Cristovam B P

Jun 01, 2020

Excellent course. Enjoyed it from the beginning to the end. Fabulous content and communication with other students.

By Georgiy M

Sep 27, 2018

The most interesting course from IBM ML courses scope. Due to tons of practice and interesting labs. Thanks, Alex.

By Goh S T

May 09, 2020

Project helps to deepen your learnings. I would totally recommend doing the whole Applied Data Science Programme.

By Sajesh S K

Nov 23, 2018

Enjoyed doing independent assignment. I had to hunt for data prepare the csv file to be used and lot of research.

By Ankit K

Apr 08, 2020

A very well structured and comprehensive course.Good for people like me to make them familiar with Data Science.

By Rubenka B

Jun 01, 2020

I have a brand new job as a Data Scientist after working as an analyst for 2 years. Thank you Coursera and IBM!

By Jason J D

Sep 27, 2019

Good course! The capstone project helped me strengthen the skills that I learnt throughout this specialization.

By Venkata R S

Jan 14, 2019

Great Course to implement your Data wrangling and all the learning that you got through out the specialization

By Georgios L

Jun 05, 2020

The capstone allows a deeper examination of a problem and contributes to readiness to tackle real problems.

By BETA R D

Apr 12, 2020

I have gained a very good hands-on experience with Git hub, Jupyter notebook, and many libraries of python .

By Mo R

Dec 03, 2019

This course is a great place to apply all the concepts about Data Science that we have learned in 8 courses!

By Arunjith M

Jul 28, 2019

This is where you apply what you learned. I must say it is challenging, interesting and absolutely great. !!

By Diana

Jul 03, 2020

Very interesting assignment. The attendees can practice the important skills according to their own wishes.

By Arun N

Apr 19, 2020

Completing this course have improved my confidence level in talking to customers on Data Science Subject

By Bakyt N

Mar 16, 2019

I think it's a solid introductory specialization course for Data Scientists. And I think I recommend it.

By Mirhabib A

Jul 06, 2020

Extremely good course to apply whatever I learnt before for adoption of my own project in Data Science!

By Toni K

Jul 01, 2020

Excellent course. Very comprehensive for utilizing the skills learned throughout the entire curriculum.

By Sayan M

Jun 27, 2020

The journey was awesome!! If any student wants to enjoy the sweetness of data, he or she must study it.

By Walter C M

Jun 14, 2020

I really liked the course, very good

I didn't know anything about Pyhon and I learned a lot