Back to Applied Data Science Capstone

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Applied Data Science Capstone by IBM

This capstone project course will give you a taste of what data scientists go through in real life when working with data. You will learn about location data and different location data providers, such as Foursquare. You will learn how to make RESTful API calls to the Foursquare API to retrieve data about venues in different neighborhoods around the world. You will also learn how to be creative in situations where data are not readily available by scraping web data and parsing HTML code. You will utilize Python and its pandas library to manipulate data, which will help you refine your skills for exploring and analyzing data. Finally, you will be required to use the Folium library to great maps of geospatial data and to communicate your results and findings. If you choose to take this course and earn the Coursera course certificate, you will also earn an IBM digital badge upon successful completion of the course. LIMITED TIME OFFER: Subscription is only $39 USD per month for access to graded materials and a certificate....

LD
Oct 23, 2019

Its was great experience in completing the project using all skills that we learned in the course, thanks to coursera and IBM for giving me an opportunity to update my selft and also to test my skills

SG
Mar 3, 2020

Very good capstone project. Learnt lot of insights on how to represent data through out this course.\n\nVery good starting point for ""Data Science" field. I would definitely recommend this course.

101 - 125 of 665 Reviews for Applied Data Science Capstone

By Brian B

Dec 30, 2020

Thorough exercising of everything learned in the courses that lead up to this final capstone project. Python data structures, absorbing files, machine learning, visualizations, and other essential aspects of data science.

By Shepherd M

Jul 12, 2020

It was really insightful, coming from knowing almost nothing about data science or tools used in data science, it was easy to understand and follow while not feeling shallow. Just the right amount of information density.

By 朱晓琳

Apr 28, 2019

This capstone project is challenge and fun. You are going to use what you have learned to complete an anlysis of a topic. What is more meaningful thing is that you can learn from others by reading their report and code.

By Ka M W

May 3, 2020

Great course. Capstone project courses always sounds intimidating. Nevertheless with the first three weeks with some practices and guidance, it made the final project exercise very much enjoyable. Highly recommended

By Bhavesh G

Apr 9, 2020

I learn lot many new things during this course to complete my capstone project. I specially thanks to Instructor Alex Aklson, who taught location based API i.e. foursquare, neighborhood segmentation and clustering.

By Antonio S

Mar 30, 2020

Great course! A few suggestions to improve might be: make sure the labs.cognitiveclass notebook page work - it's had had problems for weeks; some of the exercise notebooks from the IBM authors have blatant typos.

By Amit A

Nov 18, 2019

I am glad to have taken up this course and it was very well crafted assignment that allows you to use your skills from pandas, data visualization, Foursquare API and machine learning algorithms to name a few.

By Sergei M

Jul 9, 2019

Excellent course that at the same time provides rich set of tools to get insights from raw data and also stimulate to learn a bunch of additional methods and techniques to make this capstone project perfect!

By Aastha M

Nov 22, 2020

This course helped me to apply the Data Science learnings which I learnt throughout the course. Thank you Coursera and IBM for providing such a wonderful opportunity and helping me enhance my skill set.

By Abhishek P G

Jul 7, 2020

Thank you for this course. I get know experience and knowledge in using different kinds of online tools which are useful and effective. I'll use some of them during my lessons. And lots of thanks.

JR

By JUAN S M P

Aug 23, 2020

Great course ! Although it was the most difficult one for me, I enjoyed to much putting all pieces together to solve a problem in the real world ! Thank you very much to the professor an to IBM !

By Franco M V

Jun 8, 2020

Incredible experience! It was a project where we were encourage to apply all the knowledge we learn through the entire programe. This kind of projects make the learning process so enjoyable!

By Manik K

Apr 27, 2020

Excellent chance to push in every concept learnt so far. Best thing about the course is the chance to self identify a problem and find the solutions all by ourselves. Great Content. Thanks !

By Aniruddh M

Aug 9, 2020

This course gives a good overall exposure, in terms of providing the freedom to choose your own set of tasks and explore things on your own, just like any real life projects. I enjoyed it!

By Tsungai J M

Jan 16, 2020

Very challenging but truly rewarding. I learnt a lot through the mistakes I made throughout the project but there is a lot of support on the forum and the internet to help with any issue.

By Ted H

Jul 9, 2019

This is a great course and lots of fun. But it is a big commitment and you need to take it seriously. To get the most out of this course you will need to spend at least 30 hours doing it.

By AKPAN, G E

Feb 9, 2020

What a wonderful way to complete the '9 courses' IBM Data Science Professional Certificate training! Applied Data Science Capstone is the best way to delve into professional experience.

By Florence

May 2, 2020

It is important to improve our knowledge. Project creation is very interesting.

And being able to correct other students, allows you to see other projects and improve your knowledge.

By Houssam A

Dec 13, 2019

A real data science projet. This one took me the most time between all other courses in this formation. I is useful and make you work with real problems and searching for real data.

By Zayed R

Sep 18, 2019

Well design course for the Capstone project. It's bit challenges to do complete. Finally got the knowledge to applied the data science technique to find the insight of the data.

By Samy P

Jun 17, 2020

This was a great learning experience for me. I wish to thank every instructor for this course. Thanks again, for putting together a wonderful syllabus and excellent exercises.

By satyagopal k

Jul 15, 2020

ThIs course has given me practical experience in data science concepts and how to use the foursquare api with our projects. Thanks to coursera and the instructor Alex Aklson.

By Filipe S M G

Sep 5, 2019

This is the most difficult and time consuming part of the specialization. However, it gives a feeling that we are working in something meaningful, in a realistic application.

By Jesús A S G

Dec 15, 2020

practice Pandas, API, Folium, Geospacial Data, (libraries), understand how to use clustering, it helped me a lot to review and practice what I learnt in this specialization.

By Jingxia Z

Mar 11, 2020

It is the last one of the 9 courses of IBM Data Science Certificate. It is the hardest one while it helps people check how well they have learnt for the whole certificate!