Back to Applied Data Science Capstone

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Applied Data Science Capstone by IBM

This capstone project course will give you a taste of what data scientists go through in real life when working with data. You will learn about location data and different location data providers, such as Foursquare. You will learn how to make RESTful API calls to the Foursquare API to retrieve data about venues in different neighborhoods around the world. You will also learn how to be creative in situations where data are not readily available by scraping web data and parsing HTML code. You will utilize Python and its pandas library to manipulate data, which will help you refine your skills for exploring and analyzing data. Finally, you will be required to use the Folium library to great maps of geospatial data and to communicate your results and findings. If you choose to take this course and earn the Coursera course certificate, you will also earn an IBM digital badge upon successful completion of the course. LIMITED TIME OFFER: Subscription is only $39 USD per month for access to graded materials and a certificate....

LD

Oct 24, 2019

Its was great experience in completing the project using all skills that we learned in the course, thanks to coursera and IBM for giving me an opportunity to update my selft and also to test my skills

SG

Mar 04, 2020

Very good capstone project. Learnt lot of insights on how to represent data through out this course.\n\nVery good starting point for ""Data Science" field. I would definitely recommend this course.

126 - 150 of 430 Reviews for Applied Data Science Capstone

By Hadi S

Jun 14, 2019

This course gave me a great opportunity to work on a practical case study involving data wrangling and predictive modeling.

By Shreayan C

Nov 29, 2019

Really informative course, got to learn many practical applications of data science and made a really interesting project.

By Hikkaduwa L M P V

It;s a very good assignment for us beginners to start with Machine Learning and get hands on experience with Data Science

By Tanmaya C

Apr 28, 2020

I just say that it's awesome to learn these thing via building with my own. Thanks for the course instructors & coursera.

By Rodney C B

Apr 06, 2020

Good course and practice scenario that make use of the skills, tools and methods learned during the entire certification.

By Anuar M

Mar 30, 2020

Excellent capstone project, it provides me with ability to apply what I have learned throughout the data science courses.

By Yu-Chi B

Jun 21, 2019

It's a really solid course. Take me lots of time but also let me learned a lot. It can improve your self-learning skills.

By Sébastien W

Dec 03, 2019

I found the level of the exercises and projects appropriate, at least what an aspiring data scientist is supposed to get

By Kevin C

Jan 22, 2020

This was a great course. Being able to apply all of the knowledge gained from the rest of the specialisation was great!

By Vivek K

Nov 02, 2019

I Appreciate IBM to Provide me such a Platform. Awesome experience and learnt a lot of things. Thank you once again!!

By Phan Q

Oct 02, 2019

The process helps me a lot not only in writing python code, but also create stories through report and presentation.

By Nicklas N

Feb 13, 2019

Hands on, a stumping project at the end, as well as lots of new skills and ideas to take with you. A real challenge!

By Georgiy M

Sep 27, 2018

The most interesting course from IBM ML courses scope. Due to tons of practice and interesting labs. Thanks, Alex.

By Goh S T

May 09, 2020

Project helps to deepen your learnings. I would totally recommend doing the whole Applied Data Science Programme.

By Sajesh S K

Nov 23, 2018

Enjoyed doing independent assignment. I had to hunt for data prepare the csv file to be used and lot of research.

By Ankit K

Apr 08, 2020

A very well structured and comprehensive course.Good for people like me to make them familiar with Data Science.

By Jason J D

Sep 27, 2019

Good course! The capstone project helped me strengthen the skills that I learnt throughout this specialization.

By Venkata R S

Jan 14, 2019

Great Course to implement your Data wrangling and all the learning that you got through out the specialization

By BETA R D

Apr 12, 2020

I have gained a very good hands-on experience with Git hub, Jupyter notebook, and many libraries of python .

By Mo R

Dec 03, 2019

This course is a great place to apply all the concepts about Data Science that we have learned in 8 courses!

By Arunjith M

Jul 28, 2019

This is where you apply what you learned. I must say it is challenging, interesting and absolutely great. !!

By Arun N

Apr 19, 2020

Completing this course have improved my confidence level in talking to customers on Data Science Subject

By Bakyt N

Mar 16, 2019

I think it's a solid introductory specialization course for Data Scientists. And I think I recommend it.

By ANNA B

Nov 15, 2018

The best opportunity to apply all mechanisms I learn during this specialization.

Highly recommended.

By Nadhya P

May 23, 2020

challenging but a good taste of what we can expect when actually working on a data science project