Back to Aromatherapy: Clinical Use of Essential Oils

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Aromatherapy: Clinical Use of Essential Oils by University of Minnesota

This course provides an overview of essential oil therapy and current aromatherapy practices in clinical settings and gives you the skills to bring aromatherapy into your own practice. By the end of the course, you will be able to: a) explain what essential oils are to a patient and how they work; b) assess if an essential oil might be beneficial to a patient, considering patient preference and the research evidence, as well as any safety issues or contraindications; and c) suggest a protocol for use in a clinical setting. Continuing Education Credits This course has been designed to meet Minnesota Board of Nursing continuing education requirements for 15 contact hours and may be eligible for CE credit from other professional boards that allow self-documenting of continuing education activities. It is your responsibility to check with your regulatory board to confirm this course meets your local requirements and, if necessary, to provide them with the certificate of completion you get if you pay for and fulfill all the requirements of this course....

LM
Apr 20, 2021

Great course. I learned a lot and have become interested in incorporating the use of essential oils into my practice. I believe I have a good foundation upon which to build my knowledge and training.

AO
Apr 24, 2020

Excellent overview of aromatherapy and some of its major uses, safety considerations, and supporting evidence. I look forward to using what I learned in my clinical practice but also my daily life!

26 - 50 of 148 Reviews for Aromatherapy: Clinical Use of Essential Oils

By CLAUDIA G

Aug 5, 2020

I enjoyed this course very much. The instructor was great and she gave a very detailed introduction to the SAFE use of essential oils. I found it easy to follow, with logical sequence of the materials. I value the wide selection of scientific evidence included in the references of the course.

By Natalia T O

Dec 3, 2020

Wonderful! I have put into practice several of the methods learned in the course and the results are incredible. I highly recommend this course not only for the clinical setting but also for people in general who want to know a little more about this world of essential oils.

By DEVANK S

I've learned so many new things about essential oils and their therapeutic properties and uses.

It is one of the best online courses I've attended and I thank University of Minnesota and Coursera for giving such a deal to students who are interested in learning something new.

By Alberto V

Aug 22, 2020

What I can highlight in the course is the great past knowledge, with ethics and security. Thanks to this course I will be able to help myself and my community of Fibromyalgia sufferers in my city. Coursera's work goes beyond education, it is social transformation.

By pauline B

Jun 3, 2020

Good course, with not too many essential oils to remember, and not too rare or expensive ones. Highlights are the main types of application / diffusion, the main things EO can be used in a hospital. Videos were helpful, and halfway 'tests' were nice to stay focused.

By SureshKumar

Sep 28, 2020

This course has explained me everything in detail about Essential Oils, applications, and policies. Now I can apply all these for my personal use as well as in clinical setting. Thank you so much Prof. Janet Tomaino, and University of Minnesota and Coursera

By Marina M

Nov 1, 2020

A very interesting course, it covered from the basics to more specific information and it brought several contents. It really is worthwhile, regardless if you are a person in the health area or if you want knowledge for a personal nature only.

By Ranae A

Jul 8, 2020

Very informative! The teacher was clearly knowledgable on the topic and able to share her personal experience that was meaningful to learning. It was just the right amount of work to gain good information for a basic level of aromatherapy!

By Alfiya S

Nov 23, 2020

"Aromatherapy: Clinical Use of Essential Oils" includes high quality information (about Essential Oils and safe use EO, how to implement EO in your work, how drawing up a policy of using EO). This course isvery interesting and helpful.

By Mirela V

Aug 24, 2021

For centuries, aromatic plants have been used for their therapeutic benefits. Aromatherapy is both the art and the science of using plant-derived and naturally extracted aromatic oils to promote physical and psychological well-being.

By Maria E G H

Sep 13, 2020

me encanto el curso excelente aprender uso y recomendaciones y así poder seleccionar los mejores aceites y garantizar que el consumo es el correcto me encantaría extender este aprendizaje sobre este tema mas que nada profundizar

By Khaled T

Sep 5, 2021

Excellent course and highly recommended for those who want to learn aromatherapy, it used and the safety consideration..was a nice experience to show us how to use aromatherapy in healthcare centers and also for personal use.

By Dachell M

Jan 15, 2021

This course was extremely helpful. I learned so much about essential oils that I can apply in both my job and personal life. I would recommend this course especially if you are interested in learning more about aromatherapy.

By Candice H C

Apr 29, 2020

Such an awesome course that is necessary in my scope of practice as a licensed massage therapist. Very good pointers from all instructors and staff much appreciated information provided!

I will definitely choose coursera again

By Liem R

Jun 17, 2020

I enjoyed this course and gained much knowledge. Well organized and easy to follow along but at your own pace. I look forward to applying this knowledge of essential oils in my own practice, with more confidence than before.

By Eon

Aug 21, 2021

I have gained much knowledge and wisdom on the clinical use of essential oils. Thank you Coursera and thank you University of Minnesota for the education. I would highly recommend this course, I found it truly beneficial.

By Doris J W

Jan 30, 2020

I loved this course, the content was exciting and thorough. I wonder how long it will be before all medical systems include clinical aromatherapy and essential oils as a truely effective way to enhanse the health system. ?

By Ulrich D

Apr 19, 2020

Pedagogically and didactically excellent course. Many details are addressed, which otherwise often escape attention. Very interesting and motivating interviews. There should be a continuation of this course.

Thanks a lot!

By Katarzyna L

May 9, 2020

Great course. Gave me a lot of interesting and useful information about the SAFE and wise use of Essential Oils. Now I'm more sure of my choices and know how to use the EOs that I already have in a safe way. Thank you!

By Judit Z

May 10, 2021

I reckon this course because you can learn a lot. I had some knowledge about aromatherapy previously so not everything was new. The only thing i can recommend for the course is to cover more essential oils in detail.

By Momodu R

Aug 15, 2020

The course was fantastic and the lecturers were great 👌.While I was doing the course I practiced what I learnt on one of my client and the result was awesome .Thank you for impacting more knowledge to me.

By Bensu E E

Sep 6, 2020

The instructor Janet was a wonderful teacher. The course was very broad and easy to learn covering all the fundamentals of Aromatherapy. It was a pleasure to be a part of this course. Thank you very much

By Lesa M

Apr 21, 2021

By Edzahi m

Feb 20, 2021

this course it worth studying contain almost all necessary information needed for aromatherapy treatment and if you prefer convectional medicine instead of allopathic medicine you can go for it .

By Samuel K

Nov 8, 2020

This course was well presented by the instructor; it covered all the relevant topics that I believe are vital to understanding Essential oils and the broad field of aromatherapy.