Back to The Art of Negotiation

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Art of Negotiation by University of California, Irvine

The art of negotiation comes into play daily in the life of employees at all levels and in every position. Participants explore how current approaches to negotiation strategy and tactics are used, what negotiation entails, types of negotiation relationships that exist from hard bargain to win-win, to fully partnered relationships and personal ones. The course explores the personal and behavioral characteristics of an effective negotiator. Participants discuss how empowerment, power, and authority affect the negotiation process and outcome. Topics include how important it is to plan and prepare for a negotiation session. Upon completing this course, you will be able to: 1. Learn about the nature of negotiation and how it differs from selling 2. Gain awareness of the basic doctrines of negotiation and barriers to effective negotiation 3. Explain the role of authority and how to address it in negotiations 4. Explain the role of power in negotiations and how to address power inequities 5. Explain the positive and negative influences of empowerment 6. Learn the different “stances” or negotiation styles negotiators might adopt 7. Demonstrate the factors that influence which negotiation style is implemented 8. Describe the personal and behavioral characteristics of an effective negotiator 9. Demonstrate your grasp of emotional intelligence and how it impacts the effectiveness of a negotiator 10. Assess your own values and personal style and how they affect the negotiation process 11. Learn about the critical importance of planning and preparation in the negotiation process...

AE

Dec 28, 2020

This course helped me to think more thoroughly about the elements of successful negotiation. I intend to incorporate ideas from this course into my practice of negotiation on the job going forward.

CM

Nov 15, 2020

This is such a perfect course for negotiations generally in business as well in every other aspect of life .It teaches of so many key things in life including listening skills amongst others

51 - 75 of 460 Reviews for The Art of Negotiation

By Phạm H H

May 2, 2020

This course has helped me in enhancing my personal skills as well as helping me in my career. Once again, thank you for providing us with such a comprehensive course.

By Daneille L

Mar 3, 2021

Amazing course. I was able to successfully negotiate my first business deal (on the first offer) using the principles taught in this course. It's worth taking.

By GOUNARIS A

Sep 10, 2020

A great opportunity to learn a new skill that is useful in your everyday interaction and to launch your skills to a new level. Thanks a lot for the experience.

By Muxtar K

Sep 20, 2021

First of all, I would like to thank coursera family. Thanks to this course, I gained different information and new information, I recommend it to everyone.

By Julio C M E

Dec 6, 2020

Very good course to take, I just finish my 4th quarter of MBA I had a class of negotiation, and this course helped me to strength my knowledge of the topic

By Roberto A

Dec 27, 2019

Foi vendido como um programa integrado, com certificado, mas ao final o que temos é um certificado para cada curso isoladamente, o que não é a mesma coisa.

By Mario J R M

Mar 30, 2017

The Art of Negotiation

Congratulations on the platform

Congratulations on the administrative order of the course

Congratulations on the Success of the Course

By JUAN G F R

Jul 21, 2018

Me ayudó bastante a tener un panorama amplio y completo de cómo lograr negociaciones exitosas. Muy diferente a lo que yo pensaba de las negociaciones.

By Susan H

Dec 23, 2020

Great intro course into negotiation. I'll use these skills in my personal life as well as my professional life. Very worth the time you invest!

By kadiatou k

Sep 13, 2020

Again professor Sue Robins was great as expected. What I really liked about this course is that one can apply it just about anywhere/everywhere.

By Mohit G

May 13, 2020

Its a very good course for understanding the niche areas of negotiation and how small but critical steps can result into successful negotiation.

By Rituparna M

May 5, 2020

Excellent Negotiations Skills discussed which will definitely build confidence in future when they will get the opportunity in future projects.

By Daniel L N

Dec 6, 2016

Negotiation is one of the best skills for any person interaction including relationships to certain degrees, would re-take more than once.

By Edmundo P G

Oct 28, 2020

Great "eye opener" course, very structured and easy to understand, complemented with good examples on the real world, highly recommended.

By Arjun S

Oct 8, 2017

Negotiation is part of our daily life as well as my job. This will surely help me have a structured approach to negotiation and closure.

By Y. K M R

Nov 27, 2020

A must course for everyone aspiring further growth, not only in project management but also their future career. highly influential.

By Alexander N B G

Oct 2, 2020

Da a entender lo que hay que tener claro a la hora de negociar, inependiente del rubro o la posición en la misma y cómo manejarlo.

By Vatsal P V

Jun 28, 2020

A very detailed and well explained course.I now fell more knowledgeable about the topic according to which the course is designed.

By Alejandro G

Nov 16, 2015

excelente todos los temas tratados, no tenia una estructura para entrar a negociar con proveedores antes de realizar este curso

By AMANDA J

Aug 30, 2020

The lessons were very informative and attractive. I would be much grateful to all of you for all of your great endeavours.

By Richard B

Dec 17, 2020

Wow... so much great information I picked up on. I already am using those things learned in my everyday life. Thanks.

By Sergio D

May 15, 2017

Excellent course with good content, well builded and very suitable for those whow whant to improve negotioatoin skills.

By Maxime L

May 27, 2016

Very interesting and inspiring course. The material is of very good quality and the teacher is, to my mind, excellent.

By svetlana p

Feb 23, 2016

that is one of the most complicated courses for myself, but i happy to learn it cause it's pretty useful and helpful!

By Elena T

Jan 13, 2020

I really liked the standard of behavior for a successful negotiator (and a mature human being). Really helpful.