Back to Arts and Heritage Management

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Arts and Heritage Management by Università Bocconi

Today cultural institutions are facing important dilemmas in many aspects of their management. Over the past decades, a new figure has emerged that of the art manager. Imagine you went to work every day to connect artists with audiences, vision with reality, and money with a mission. That is what managers in the arts do, they play an essential role in transforming the minds, lives, and communities through creative expression. This course has been conceptualized to address the need of skills and techniques to help professionals and managers in running art and cultural institutions. Learning Objectives There are three objectives to this course. First, we will approach the biggest issue cultural institutions face, the coexistence of managers and curators and giving evidence as to when, how, and why they can get along. Second, we will focus on some contemporary facets on what is means to manage a cultural institution and what cultural managers should expect and be able to face. And lastly, we will provide models and tools to design and implement appropriate courses of action to satisfy customers (visitors and audiences) and build an advantage over the competition. Course Structure The course is divided into six sections. Five sections are dedicated to specific aspects and themes of managing cultural institutions, while the sixth section is dedicated to individual interviews of prominent cultural institution managers on specific topics. The involvement of professionals and managers gives an incredible value to the learning experience of this course. Each module is paired with a quiz and discussion forums to reflect on the variety of the heritage management, its complexity, and the power of the network that we will build together during the course. Successful completion of the quizzes is required for a course certificate as explained in the Grading Policy page. If you love art and want to make an impact in this unique and fantastic sector, this course will support you in understanding the peculiarities of this sector and how to leverage on its tools to make a bigger impact. Look forward to meeting you online! Acknowledgements: Vatican Museums: www.museivaticani.va Cenacolo Vinciano:  www.beniculturali.it/mibac/export/MiBAC/sito-MiBAC/Contenuti/MibacUnif/Eventi/visualizza_asset.html_1283837989.html (ITA) FAI (Fondo Ambiente Italiano): eng.fondoambiente.it MUVE (Fondazione Musei Civici Venezia): www.visitmuve.it The National Trust: www.nationaltrust.org.uk The Archeological Site of Paestum: www.museopaestum.beniculturali.it whc.unesco.org/en/list/842 Museo dell'Opera del Duomo (Florence): www.museumflorence.com Museo del Violino: www.museodelviolino.org _________________________________ Disclaimer - Since some of the videos are conducted with those whose native language is not English, we have decided to sometimes preserve their more emphatic speech to keep a tighter match between the audio and subtitles....

RN
Mar 30, 2018

I'm really into this amazing course. it provide me with a wide range of information. it helps me to understand the field of museums and heritage management . Thank you for this useful course.

DG
Jan 9, 2021

Loved this course. Watching the lectures at historical sites brought the course to life and kept it interesting. The course was well structured and has encouraged me to continue in the field.

76 - 100 of 248 Reviews for Arts and Heritage Management

By Vanessa L

Jan 16, 2019

Amazing course. Professor Andrea has been very generous in leaving so many slides of each course week and video interviews , what enrichs the learning process. I strongly recommend this course for people who love art, heritage and museums, as I do.

By Irene C

Oct 14, 2020

This was very helpful in understanding the world of arts and heritage. Both if you are in the business or not I recommend to follow this course because it opens a lot of doors, discussions and there's always something new and interesting to learn.

By Tara C

Dec 10, 2019

The courses cover a wide range of important topics of running cultural organisations. The course is well-structured. With its tailor-made, high quality video teaching materials, this is the most enjoyable online course that I have ever taken.

By Magaly L

Dec 21, 2020

I have a history of art background and this course allowed me to focus on Arts management and Bocconi was the right solution for me because of its great quality lessons. It gave me tools to face this field that I'm interested to work in.

By Maria S

Sep 11, 2020

Amazing course, very didactic and perfectly adapted to the needs and challenges of the management of cultural institutions of the 21st century. Great interviews with prestigious professionals. Thanks to the teachers and monitors

By Orit R

May 28, 2019

Skills I learned from this course: proper choice about quality, on product management, tangible and intangible culture on the social flux of the place to the city, on how to make it and how to create it. Recommends the course

By Antonio R

Apr 16, 2017

Very consistent course, full of great references (both academic and professional), with a good learning logic and good (nice and simpatic) professor/facilitator. It brings to me a lot of new ideas and information. Thank you!

By Jorge G C T

May 5, 2021

This is a really helpful course that lays the basics of Arts and Heritage Management. This should be a mandatory course if you wish to pursue a career in the management of cultural institutions. Take it is worth your time.

By Beth M

Jan 25, 2021

A really insightful and informative course. It has given me a good foundation from which to develop my understanding of cultural institutions. How wonderful that we are able to access this course for free! Thank you

By Rebecca W W

Jun 13, 2019

The course was more thorough and complete than I expected. There are lots of references to recent research. Materials are short (to minimise boredom), interactive and the quizzes informational. Highly recommended.

By Leonardo M V S

Jul 8, 2018

Excelente curso. Muy completo con contenidos increíbles y docentes muy bien preparados. Recomiendo este curso ampliamente a todos aquellos interesados en los museos, la historia y la conservación del patrimonio.

By Maria A T

Nov 20, 2017

Really useful course, very interesting and with a vary vast approach on the subject. Provides great study materials, interviews, interractive options, and the prof. is amazing!

I would highly reccomend it!

By Francesca G

Apr 10, 2021

As a toursit guid I found this course very useful and I would invite Course and Bocconi University to develop similar courses. even taking in consideration what has happened because of the pandemia.

By Benedetta B

Mar 26, 2021

i found this online cours very useful, I learned a lot and i would recommande it to everyone that want to know more about cultural institutions, not only the artistic and the historic part.

By Haytham M M S

Sep 2, 2018

It was an incredibly interesting course that made me realize so many important facets of working in a cultural institution. The course content was very rich and the lecturer was brilliant.

By Richard R H

A very interesting, high quality, and thought-provoking course. I'm sure this will help me in my career and already it's influenced the direction my career will take going forward.

By Yasmina A G

Dec 27, 2020

Muy buena calidad, tanto de contenido como de los videos. Creo que la producción de los videos es de lo mejor que he visto en un curso de esta plataforma. Un 10 para los creadores

By Yulia M

May 22, 2020

I do really liked the course. I have gained a lot of important knowledge in order to improve the level of my expertise. I will recommend this course to my friends and colleagues!

By Constança C S

Apr 25, 2020

I learned a lot with this course. I think it is well structured and puts information in a clear and easily understandable way. Thank you for providing this course opportunity!

By Cyntia H

Sep 8, 2020

This is a awesome course! Thank to technology. I Could learn where and when ever I want despite my hectic schedule in museum. I can't wait to enroll another class! Cheersssss

By Riccardo N L

Jul 5, 2017

Very interesting course, it will be very useful for me in my work (I teach art in a secondary school). Interviews with directors, in module 6, are fantastic testimonials.

By Yoko

It was very intresting lectures. I got knowledge and motiveted by other students' opinions. I would like to work with things I got by this course. Thank you so much.

By Makarevich V

Apr 3, 2021

Thanks for the course. There is a lot of information to understand. The presentation of information is interesting, stylized. Thanks to the creators of the course

By Virginie F

Jun 13, 2017

Excellenand very well managed courses along the journey. A big thanks for all the knowledge provided along these past weeks. With best regards, Virginie Francois