Back to Confronting The Big Questions: Highlights of Modern Astronomy

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Confronting The Big Questions: Highlights of Modern Astronomy by University of Rochester

An introduction to modern astronomy's most important questions. The four sections of the course are Planets and Life in The Universe; The Life of Stars; Galaxies and Their Environments; The History of The Universe....

GB
Jul 31, 2017

Excellent course. Very clear lectures that cover a lot of ground in not a lot of time. Fantastic overview of most of what we know about astronomy and how we know it. Best class I've taken on Coursera.

AM
Apr 11, 2018

The is the first time I have rated a course with 5 stars, but this one is worth it. I audited and did not take the exams, but I thoroughly enjoyed the lectures and I learned a lot.

26 - 50 of 134 Reviews for Confronting The Big Questions: Highlights of Modern Astronomy

By Nair E

Nov 7, 2016

That the course was extremely interesting is an understatement, nothing that touches upon the most fundamental questions of our existence can be dull, but it also was very dynamic, the themes presented directly and well explained. The exerises where we used simulators were the final touch to completly understand concepts

By Petar T

Nov 9, 2016

THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST COURSES AND BEST LECTURES I'VE SEEN, AMONG A LOT THAT I WENT THROUGH! Such fantastic and humorous way to lead the audience through wonders of the universe! Looking forward to MANY MANY more courses from this lecturer on any subject really - that's how engaging this course was for me! AWESOME!

By Frances G

Feb 1, 2021

Did the course because of interest in the field. Have taken other courses in Coursera. This professor was by far one of the best - engaging, fast-paced yet clear, incorporating visuals which were very helpful. I did not care about the tests nor the discussions but they seemed to the point and challenging.

By William M

Oct 5, 2017

I've taken three astronomy classes on Coursera and this was the best, most comprehensive and most informative. Each of the courses I took was different and had a unique perspective, so they were all worthwhile, but this is the astronomy course from which I learned the most and which I most highly recommend.

By Khan Z A

Jul 1, 2020

Gives a great sense of accomplishment and is very fulfilling.If you think you know decent astronomy,I encourage you to take up this course.Good luck and happy learning.

P.S-Anyone who knows astronomy is an astronomer.(my opinion..also my quote ..i think,unless someone else said it first)

By Dimitris S

Dec 4, 2020

Exacly what someone seeks in an introductory astonomy course. Spirited presentations covering a huge field of knowledge. Dont be discouraged facing 1st week assignment. Difficulties are well balanced , it worths a shot. Prof Frank i'm grateful for your stirring lectures.

By Charlotte

Jan 31, 2021

Brilliant course, Professor Frank is clearly very passionate about this subject and the lectures are very easy to understand, the end of week quizzes are quite difficult but overall I have learnt a huge amount from this course and had fun while doing it! :)

By Tracy M

Aug 31, 2020

I have really enjoyed learning this course. The instructor was easy to listen to and understand. He was great. I have learned quite a bit in this course Thank you for providing this course online. I am very interested in learning all about astronomy.

By Lisa T

Mar 8, 2017

Really great course, but I would recommend that if you haven't taken many classes in this branch of the sciences to take a different introductory course, first. It can still be done, but might require more study and review of additional resources.

By David D

Apr 24, 2019

Outstanding!Sso rare to find a lecturer who can deliver on the course material without having to read every line off of a prompter. Bravo for the delivery and terrific material. I don't say it was easy but the investment was worth the time.

By Denis K

Jan 9, 2016

Hi,

I tried to get knowledge about cosmology from my university but everithing was insignificant and boring. This course is more than amazing. I like it very much. Waiting for more courses ! Thanks a lot to you, professor!

By Peter H

Feb 25, 2016

Good course. Adam is a good teacher.

The topics are nice. It's about the big bang, supermassive black holes, and how a star is born and dies.. and then some :)

I really enjoyed taking this course. Two thumbs up!

By Gabe B

Aug 1, 2017

By Adoración S C

Sep 10, 2019

Gracias por este gran curso. Ha sido una experiencia increíble y he aprendido mucho.

Thanks for this great course. It has been an incredible experience and I have learned a lot of things

By Anne M

Apr 12, 2018

By nicole s

Jan 16, 2017

Great teacher! Extremely interesting lessons. The teacher was able to explain very complicated aspects in physics to non specialists audience in an intriguing manner. Thank you!

By Cassandra N

Dec 18, 2016

Easy to follow. Anyone who is interested in Astronomy should take this course. This course is better than the course (Astronomy - Big Questions) that I took at my University.

By Rafał P

Oct 10, 2020

The provided educational tools are really nice, although they are written in Flash technology, which is deprecated by now. Still they are really great and interesting!

By Hozayfa B

Nov 8, 2019

It was more than excellent course in terms of the modules which cover all the astronomy and astrophysics and cosmology, I have learn new things and I really enjoyed.

By sankalp j

Apr 21, 2020

I like this course very much. Special about this course was the Mr. Adam Frank, his skills of teaching are one of the best in the world. Thank you for this.

By Joel S d A

Sep 25, 2016

O curso é maravilhoso, juntei muito material para pesquisa, muitas referências e o curso também mudou o modo com que eu via a Astronomia recente. Recomendo!

By Nishant P

Aug 8, 2017

Outstanding. Nuanced, yet accessible. Love the professor's infectious passion about the subject, and also his rather lovely choice of words at times!

By Divyanshu R

Dec 27, 2015

Course has been very helpful; giving the apt amount of knowledge in a way that can be easily understood with a little background in physics.

By Kartik N

Apr 5, 2017

A really nice course for someone pursuing astronomy or likes to know more about the cosmos. Really expands one's knowledge of the universe.

By Milinda Y

Feb 28, 2016

Thank you!! Very organized and easy to follow. The questions at the end of the week encouraged me to explore more about the subject matter.