Back to Confronting The Big Questions: Highlights of Modern Astronomy

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Confronting The Big Questions: Highlights of Modern Astronomy by University of Rochester

An introduction to modern astronomy's most important questions. The four sections of the course are Planets and Life in The Universe; The Life of Stars; Galaxies and Their Environments; The History of The Universe....

GB

Aug 01, 2017

Excellent course. Very clear lectures that cover a lot of ground in not a lot of time. Fantastic overview of most of what we know about astronomy and how we know it. Best class I've taken on Coursera.

AM

Apr 12, 2018

The is the first time I have rated a course with 5 stars, but this one is worth it. I audited and did not take the exams, but I thoroughly enjoyed the lectures and I learned a lot.

26 - 50 of 124 Reviews for Confronting The Big Questions: Highlights of Modern Astronomy

By Tracy M

Aug 31, 2020

I have really enjoyed learning this course. The instructor was easy to listen to and understand. He was great. I have learned quite a bit in this course Thank you for providing this course online. I am very interested in learning all about astronomy.

By Lisa T

Mar 08, 2017

Really great course, but I would recommend that if you haven't taken many classes in this branch of the sciences to take a different introductory course, first. It can still be done, but might require more study and review of additional resources.

By David D

Apr 24, 2019

Outstanding!Sso rare to find a lecturer who can deliver on the course material without having to read every line off of a prompter. Bravo for the delivery and terrific material. I don't say it was easy but the investment was worth the time.

By Denis K

Jan 09, 2016

Hi,

I tried to get knowledge about cosmology from my university but everithing was insignificant and boring. This course is more than amazing. I like it very much. Waiting for more courses ! Thanks a lot to you, professor!

By Peter H

Feb 25, 2016

Good course. Adam is a good teacher.

The topics are nice. It's about the big bang, supermassive black holes, and how a star is born and dies.. and then some :)

I really enjoyed taking this course. Two thumbs up!

By Gabe B

Aug 01, 2017

By José M B D

Sep 10, 2019

Gracias por este gran curso. Ha sido una experiencia increíble y he aprendido mucho.

Thanks for this great course. It has been an incredible experience and I have learned a lot of things

By Anne M

Apr 12, 2018

By nicole s

Jan 16, 2017

Great teacher! Extremely interesting lessons. The teacher was able to explain very complicated aspects in physics to non specialists audience in an intriguing manner. Thank you!

By Cassandra N

Dec 19, 2016

Easy to follow. Anyone who is interested in Astronomy should take this course. This course is better than the course (Astronomy - Big Questions) that I took at my University.

By Rafał P

Oct 10, 2020

The provided educational tools are really nice, although they are written in Flash technology, which is deprecated by now. Still they are really great and interesting!

By Hozayfa B

Nov 08, 2019

It was more than excellent course in terms of the modules which cover all the astronomy and astrophysics and cosmology, I have learn new things and I really enjoyed.

By sankalp j

Apr 21, 2020

I like this course very much. Special about this course was the Mr. Adam Frank, his skills of teaching are one of the best in the world. Thank you for this.

By Joel S d A

Sep 25, 2016

O curso é maravilhoso, juntei muito material para pesquisa, muitas referências e o curso também mudou o modo com que eu via a Astronomia recente. Recomendo!

By Nishant P

Aug 08, 2017

Outstanding. Nuanced, yet accessible. Love the professor's infectious passion about the subject, and also his rather lovely choice of words at times!

By Divyanshu R

Dec 27, 2015

Course has been very helpful; giving the apt amount of knowledge in a way that can be easily understood with a little background in physics.

By Kartik N

Apr 06, 2017

A really nice course for someone pursuing astronomy or likes to know more about the cosmos. Really expands one's knowledge of the universe.

By Milinda Y

Feb 28, 2016

Thank you!! Very organized and easy to follow. The questions at the end of the week encouraged me to explore more about the subject matter.

By Cristina P

Jan 26, 2017

Great course! Loved Adams' enthusiasm in sharing his knowledge with the virtual audience. Comprehensive and very spot on. Congratulations.

By José-Luis M

Feb 27, 2016

Fantastic. I got got what I expected and then much more. It gave me lots to think about. Impressive teaching. Thank you Professor.

By Amber D

Feb 25, 2016

Great course. Awesome Prof. Easy to understand and get into even if you don't have a science background. Can't wait to learn more!

By Eshita S

Jul 09, 2018

such an amazing course by amazing professor. quiz was superb and you will be able to make use of virtual simulations. worth doing

By Mohammad S H

Dec 21, 2016

Very exciting, strong structured course, The most difficult materials in a simplified and exciting declamation. Great lecturer .

By 马鑫

Feb 08, 2016

I love this course! I have passed the first week exam. I really very very happy ! I will continue and pass all the exams!

By Claire C

Sep 24, 2016

excellent course! at last a teacher that explains the universe in plain English in a way that can be understood by most.