Back to Confronting The Big Questions: Highlights of Modern Astronomy

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Confronting The Big Questions: Highlights of Modern Astronomy by University of Rochester

An introduction to modern astronomy's most important questions. The four sections of the course are Planets and Life in The Universe; The Life of Stars; Galaxies and Their Environments; The History of The Universe....

GB

Aug 01, 2017

Excellent course. Very clear lectures that cover a lot of ground in not a lot of time. Fantastic overview of most of what we know about astronomy and how we know it. Best class I've taken on Coursera.

AM

Apr 12, 2018

The is the first time I have rated a course with 5 stars, but this one is worth it. I audited and did not take the exams, but I thoroughly enjoyed the lectures and I learned a lot.

26 - 50 of 96 Reviews for Confronting The Big Questions: Highlights of Modern Astronomy

By Tarun K

Jan 14, 2016

overall lectures are good and explanatory.

By Cristina P

Jan 26, 2017

Great course! Loved Adams' enthusiasm in sharing his knowledge with the virtual audience. Comprehensive and very spot on. Congratulations.

By Jana S

Jan 16, 2017

The best course I've seen on Coursera! Wonderful lectures, amazing pictures and animations and all very engaging.

By Albert K

Mar 17, 2018

Fascinating!!! I LOVE the online simulation tools used in this class. Amazing!

By daniel e

May 08, 2017

Really good course, and content.

By Peter H

Feb 25, 2016

Good course. Adam is a good teacher.

The topics are nice. It's about the big bang, supermassive black holes, and how a star is born and dies.. and then some :)

I really enjoyed taking this course. Two thumbs up!

By William M

Oct 05, 2017

I've taken three astronomy classes on Coursera and this was the best, most comprehensive and most informative. Each of the courses I took was different and had a unique perspective, so they were all worthwhile, but this is the astronomy course from which I learned the most and which I most highly recommend.

By 马鑫

Feb 08, 2016

I love this course! I have passed the first week exam. I really very very happy ! I will continue and pass all the exams!

By Eshita S

Jul 09, 2018

such an amazing course by amazing professor. quiz was superb and you will be able to make use of virtual simulations. worth doing

By Angel V O

Feb 09, 2016

Very good course. Instructive and easy to follow.

By Athos V d R

Jun 22, 2017

Great course! It gives an important view on very interesting subjects.

Jan 03, 2016

Wish I had more professors like mr Frank. His speech being concise and pleasant, it is truly enjoyable to listen to and watch the lectures ; also the 'touch the surface' attitude on various topics boosts your curiosity to look further on and search for answers on your own. This being my first enrollment on Coursera, I cannot but expect the best, as these first lectures have really set the tone.

By Adrian I

Jan 28, 2016

twas nice

By Carmelo A S

Feb 12, 2017

Great Course! Very interesting!

By José-Luis M

Feb 27, 2016

Fantastic. I got got what I expected and then much more. It gave me lots to think about. Impressive teaching. Thank you Professor.

By Cassandra N

Dec 19, 2016

Easy to follow. Anyone who is interested in Astronomy should take this course. This course is better than the course (Astronomy - Big Questions) that I took at my University.

By Alter S

Apr 03, 2016

love it

By Derek H

Apr 05, 2016

Amazing!

Dec 02, 2016

Very easy to follow, and immensely interesting.

By Rossolatos A

Feb 07, 2016

V

By Aashish G

Apr 14, 2017

Good course.

By Nishant P

Aug 08, 2017

Outstanding. Nuanced, yet accessible. Love the professor's infectious passion about the subject, and also his rather lovely choice of words at times!

By Nair E

Nov 07, 2016

That the course was extremely interesting is an understatement, nothing that touches upon the most fundamental questions of our existence can be dull, but it also was very dynamic, the themes presented directly and well explained. The exerises where we used simulators were the final touch to completly understand concepts

By Amber D

Feb 25, 2016

Great course. Awesome Prof. Easy to understand and get into even if you don't have a science background. Can't wait to learn more!

By Jana K

Mar 18, 2018

I enjoyed every single session within this course. The topics, the materials, the small tests after each topic and as well the quizzes. Professor Frank explained everything in a clear and understandable way, I did learn a lot about our universe. Of course, studying is needed for passing this course, but I am here to learn afterall and I appreciate the quizzes which made me think and thus test my knowledge