Back to Confronting The Big Questions: Highlights of Modern Astronomy

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Confronting The Big Questions: Highlights of Modern Astronomy by University of Rochester

An introduction to modern astronomy's most important questions. The four sections of the course are Planets and Life in The Universe; The Life of Stars; Galaxies and Their Environments; The History of The Universe....

GB

Aug 01, 2017

Excellent course. Very clear lectures that cover a lot of ground in not a lot of time. Fantastic overview of most of what we know about astronomy and how we know it. Best class I've taken on Coursera.

AM

Apr 12, 2018

The is the first time I have rated a course with 5 stars, but this one is worth it. I audited and did not take the exams, but I thoroughly enjoyed the lectures and I learned a lot.

51 - 75 of 96 Reviews for Confronting The Big Questions: Highlights of Modern Astronomy

By David M

Jan 27, 2016

excellent course really enjoyed it...

By Milinda Y

Feb 28, 2016

Thank you!! Very organized and easy to follow. The questions at the end of the week encouraged me to explore more about the subject matter.

By Hung C K

Mar 07, 2016

It's my first course on Coursera, and also my first astronomy course.

It was fantastic, No lot's of calculation, but more focus on the concepts, such as relativity, standard model of particles, quantum mechanics. Sounds hard, but easy actually.

Thanks Prof. Adam Frank.

Everyone can take this course, even without science background.

By Michael L

Feb 26, 2017

a great introduction to a complex field, highly recommended.

By Krasnov P

Jun 23, 2016

excellent

By Abdallah M A

Sep 10, 2017

Definitely, it was a great course!!!! simple, easy and important topics, I highly recommend this course.

By Ayan

Feb 01, 2016

Now this course might seem small but it is not, the test are really challenging and the knowledge of video lectures aren't enough, you have to dig deep and study from other sources too. The simulations in the test and exercises are cool and fun way to learn. I will highly recommend anyone who is interested in cosmology to take this course but be prepared the ocean is not that calm as it seems.

Happy learning.

By Sai K R

Jan 25, 2016

Great introduction to Astronomy! I learnt a lot about the current state and the unsolved challenges in this field. I liked that I could play with various simulators and develop detailed understanding.

As a beginner in Astronomy, I had a little difficulty finishing the first and last week's quizzes. Apart from that, I was able to easily follow the content in the course.

By Kartik N

Apr 06, 2017

A really nice course for someone pursuing astronomy or likes to know more about the cosmos. Really expands one's knowledge of the universe.

By Anne M

Apr 12, 2018

By Gabe B

Aug 01, 2017

By daniel e

May 08, 2017

Really good course, and content.

By Petar T

Nov 09, 2016

THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST COURSES AND BEST LECTURES I'VE SEEN, AMONG A LOT THAT I WENT THROUGH! Such fantastic and humorous way to lead the audience through wonders of the universe! Looking forward to MANY MANY more courses from this lecturer on any subject really - that's how engaging this course was for me! AWESOME!

By Ekaterina P

Feb 12, 2016

Totally inspiring!

By Natalie

Jul 10, 2017

Excellent!

By nicole s

Jan 16, 2017

Great teacher! Extremely interesting lessons. The teacher was able to explain very complicated aspects in physics to non specialists audience in an intriguing manner. Thank you!

By Tarun K

Jan 14, 2016

overall lectures are good and explanatory.

By Cristina P

Jan 26, 2017

Great course! Loved Adams' enthusiasm in sharing his knowledge with the virtual audience. Comprehensive and very spot on. Congratulations.

By Jana S

Jan 16, 2017

The best course I've seen on Coursera! Wonderful lectures, amazing pictures and animations and all very engaging.

By Albert K

Mar 17, 2018

Fascinating!!! I LOVE the online simulation tools used in this class. Amazing!

By David D

Apr 24, 2019

Outstanding!Sso rare to find a lecturer who can deliver on the course material without having to read every line off of a prompter. Bravo for the delivery and terrific material. I don't say it was easy but the investment was worth the time.

By Stuart R

Jun 14, 2019

Exceptionally clear and concise presentations.

By Tina A D

Jul 16, 2019

I enjoyed the course and Prof. Franks way of teaching! I learned a lot and am happy that I took it

By José M B D

Sep 10, 2019

Gracias por este gran curso. Ha sido una experiencia increíble y he aprendido mucho.

Thanks for this great course. It has been an incredible experience and I have learned a lot of things

By Martin N S

Mar 28, 2019

A short but very illustrative course.