Back to Confronting The Big Questions: Highlights of Modern Astronomy

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Confronting The Big Questions: Highlights of Modern Astronomy by University of Rochester

An introduction to modern astronomy's most important questions. The four sections of the course are Planets and Life in The Universe; The Life of Stars; Galaxies and Their Environments; The History of The Universe....

GB

Aug 01, 2017

Excellent course. Very clear lectures that cover a lot of ground in not a lot of time. Fantastic overview of most of what we know about astronomy and how we know it. Best class I've taken on Coursera.

AM

Apr 12, 2018

The is the first time I have rated a course with 5 stars, but this one is worth it. I audited and did not take the exams, but I thoroughly enjoyed the lectures and I learned a lot.

76 - 100 of 124 Reviews for Confronting The Big Questions: Highlights of Modern Astronomy

Dec 02, 2016

Very easy to follow, and immensely interesting.

By Stuart R

Jun 14, 2019

Exceptionally clear and concise presentations.

By Silvia M B

Nov 20, 2018

Excellent! This is the 2nd time I'm doing it.

By Tarun K

Jan 14, 2016

overall lectures are good and explanatory.

By David M

Jan 27, 2016

excellent course really enjoyed it...

By daniel e

May 08, 2017

Really good course, and content.

By Carmelo A S

Feb 12, 2017

Great Course! Very interesting!

By 刘王芳

Feb 07, 2016

V

By Reg T

Feb 02, 2016

As a quick overview to modern astronomy and cosmology this is a very worthwhile course. Highly informative and well presented. Material is detailed enough to provide an understanding of the topics covered and hints at more complexity to encourage further exploration.

Marked down to four stars solely on the basis of the review questions. Some of these are ambiguous or have a lack of clarity. Otherwise this course, given the level and time allocation, would rate 5 stars.

By Francisco M D D F

Aug 14, 2017

Excellent quality of presentation of the content; however, some of the questions at the end of each week required knowledge acquired outside of this course, e.g. the question about red, green and blue quark configurations. Also, there were a few typos in some questions. Most of the questions were fine though. I especially liked learning how to use some of the online simulators for weeks 1 and 2. Overall this was a good course which I would recommend to my peers.

By Jefferson J B

May 05, 2020

It was very informative! I learned a lot of things that I may be able to use in my teaching of Astronomy to Senior High students. Although, I have a comment on the exams because there are lots of items that were not mentioned in the lectures but came out in the exam. But as a whole, it was a great experience! I am looking forward to learn more and meet Professor Frank in person. God bless!

By Charles H

Feb 02, 2016

This course provided a great overview of Astronomy. I thought the difficulty was about right for a survey course and recommend it to anyone who wants a better understanding of how we think the universe came to be and what we think will happen to it.