Back to EDIVET: Do you have what it takes to be a veterinarian?

Learner Reviews & Feedback for EDIVET: Do you have what it takes to be a veterinarian? by The University of Edinburgh

This course is for anyone interested in learning more about Veterinary Medicine, giving a “taster” of courses covered in the first year of a veterinary degree and an idea of what it is like to study Veterinary Medicine....

SK
Dec 14, 2019

The course has been really fascinating and interesting, covering a variety of aspects in the veterinary profession. I would thoroughly recommend it to anyone thinking of becoming a vet in the future.

NR
Feb 24, 2018

This course is very suitable for A level students who want to study Veterinary Medicine at university as it covers the role of a vet as well as teaching some basic skills and knowledge. It is bas

101 - 125 of 499 Reviews for EDIVET: Do you have what it takes to be a veterinarian?

By stephanie m

Sep 7, 2015

This class has the quizzes to help with the final test witch actually helps to learn the materials and the materials given at the end to print out is a nice additive and helps to memorize the information with out the computer

By Isabel B

Dec 14, 2016

This was a wonderful course and it built a really strong foundations for my veterinary aspirations! It also set up a basis for some generalised learning which is indipensible and will prove useful over the next few years!

By Barış Y

Aug 31, 2020

Great course. It really gives an overall approach to being a veterinarian. I would suggest it to anyone who is curious about what a veterinarian does, as well as those who wonder the scope and development of animal care.

By Josie M R

May 1, 2020

Very interesting and well put together. Gives a very broad and basic overview of some topics that will be taught in university, as well as offering some rich history on the development of veterinary studies and practice.

By Sarah J F

Sep 10, 2016

Very interesting and informative course. Given the circumstances, of course, it touches "only" the basics, but even so it allows you to gain useful knowledge and a glimpse at what it's like to study veterinary medicine.

By Kirstiene M V

Jul 13, 2020

I have learned a lot especially in identifying structures of the heart because I was quite bad at anatomy in our class. Also, the course was informative enough through the general veterinary education and profession.

By Ciara Ó H

Nov 9, 2015

I have just currently finished week one of this course, but I think it is fantastic! It provides the learner with such a great basic knowledge and understanding of animal care and husbandry. I would highly recommend.

By Elena D

Mar 1, 2017

A great overview of the profession and the field, suitable for those considering becoming vet surgeons and vet nurses. Great job of working around the limitations of online learning for such a hands-on subject, too!

By Yasara S

Nov 2, 2020

I am a undergraduate in university of Peradeniya. This cause was really helpful to remind me what i learned in my first year of the university. Also it includes clinical practices as well. That was really helpful.

By Chara P

Feb 15, 2020

I hope to one day apply to RDSVS so this was a great introduction full of interesting lessons and valuable information. Thank you to all the teachers who put this wonderful course together, see you in the future!

By Juan P M A

Jul 11, 2020

This is an exceptional course, I learned about many things that vet students see on their first year at The University of Edinburgh.

If you are interested in veterinary career, do this course without any doubt!

By Trinity O

Aug 2, 2020

I loved it, it really opened up the question of do I want to do it and do I have what it takes. I fell in love more with wanting to become a vet by learning the history and the old tools that they used to use.

By Imogene M

May 7, 2017

It is very fun, and you learn about a range of animals. The tutorials are great, and having videos of animals and people describing the topic using them, makes it alot more esaier to understnad and remember.

By MAKARANON W

Apr 10, 2019

Thank you very much for very helpful and informative course. I really love it.Hope I can use some experience from a course for myself,family and friends.The presentation,staff and information are excellent.

By Наталья Л

Aug 20, 2017

I liked the course very much! Wish there were subtitles to all of the lectures, because for me - non-native english speaker - it was difficult to understand some of them (especially a video about sheep).

By Laurel W

Apr 30, 2020

This was a very good course, i like how it talks about the History of the Veterinary practice and medicine. just the fact that i can do a veterinary course on a device is something very important to me.

By Eddy L

Mar 16, 2016

This is a really good overview about Veterinarian course. It goes into some depth to see, what I might be learning in a course as a student at a university.

Thank you very< much for this online course.

By Cathy H

Apr 17, 2017

I took this course so that I could converse on a more professional with my son who is in Vet. School and I enjoyed the course greatly and have already put a lot of what I've learned into conver

By Charlotte C

Oct 4, 2020

A fantastic course, so interesting, and had many extra resources to learn from. The videos and readings were very descriptive and explained the subjects very well. Would definitely recommend!

By Sandra M G V

Aug 22, 2017

Me gustó mucho el curso, está muy bien para personas que no sabemos mucho del tema y que nos interesa, aunque la parte de la anatomía del corazón me costó un poco de trabajo de aprender.

By Gabrielle M

Jun 1, 2020

Great fun and very educational! I feel more confident and prepared to study veterinary medicine and am looking forward to putting the fun-facts and skills from this course into practice

By Duarte G

Jul 28, 2019

Very well presented, loved every part of it, learned alot for what the veterinary profession is about and i'm even more encouraged to follow my career as a veterinary nurse. Thank you.

By Marcin S

Aug 28, 2020

Very interesting, although short course. Thank you for creating it and uploading it for free. I hope that someday there will be a course teaching more detailed veterinary medicine.

By Arby L B

Aug 25, 2015

Very helpful! I really loved this course, I learned a lot. I learned more than what I expected to learn. It made me more excited to become a veterinarian. Thank you to EDIVET team!

By Justine l

May 29, 2017

I really love this course, It has taught me so much about Animals and How to take proper care of them. I always wanted to be Veterinarian. I really hope it helps me in the future.