Back to From the Big Bang to Dark Energy

Learner Reviews & Feedback for From the Big Bang to Dark Energy by The University of Tokyo

We have learned a lot recently about how the Universe evolved in 13.7 billion years since the Big Bang. More than 80% of matter in the Universe is mysterious Dark Matter, which made stars and galaxies to form. The newly discovered Higgs-boson became frozen into the Universe a trillionth of a second after the Big Bang and brought order to the Universe. Yet we still do not know how ordinary matter (atoms) survived against total annihilation by Anti-Matter. The expansion of the Universe started acceleration about 7 billion years ago and the Universe is being ripped apart. The culprit is Dark Energy, a mysterious energy multiplying in vacuum. I will present evidence behind these startling discoveries and discuss what we may learn in the near future. This course is offered in English....

DC
Dec 5, 2019

Professor Hitoshi Murayama is a great lecturer. His passion for the research conducted and explained in the lectures is evident and helped motivate me to complete the course. Absolutely brilliant man!

AA
Apr 17, 2020

I really liked the method of teaching the professor follows.The course helped me to gain insights on the universe. I really liked and hopes that professor would do more online courses in the future.:)

226 - 250 of 824 Reviews for From the Big Bang to Dark Energy

By Hippocrates N

Apr 25, 2016

Immensely enjoyed a highly technical course diligently presented in a very comprehensive way. It answered many questions I had in my mind but had not been answered

By Shah Z K

Nov 13, 2021

I learned a lot about Big bang, Dark energy, Dark matter. The course was easy to understand. The way of teaching was also fabulous. Highly recommended. Thank you!

By Akash R

Aug 4, 2020

I have learned a lot from this course.

I love the presentations and the way of teaching, it's just priceless!

I have my love and respect for Sir.

Thank You So Much!

By Laith M

Jul 25, 2020

Awesome, engaging course with a professor who is brilliant at explaining and simplifying things and certain phenomena which are intrinsically so complex. 5 stars

By Amrit K

May 3, 2020

I really liked the way of teaching the professor follows.

This course helped me to gain more knowledge about the origin of universe and also about the fate of it.

By Aman

Apr 29, 2020

Best course I found on Coursera !!

Extremely well presented and ably suited for those who don't have any mathematical background! Must take course for everybody.

By Adèle G

Jan 21, 2021

Very interesting course with different levels so it’s never boring. Loved the professor !! He speaks really clearly and he is friendly. I recommend this course

By Ken S

Dec 28, 2015

Great course, the professor keeps it straightforward, interesting and fun/light-hearted. Highly recommend it to anyone new to Cosmology and particle physics.

By yui k

Jun 23, 2020

Loved this course so much. He is so talented in teaching difficult concepts in plain words. Also, I am so proud of being a Japanese. Japan did a great job.

By Gerben K

Jan 9, 2021

Great course for beginners to look and think about the beginning and evolution of our Universe and possible ending! Great Professor, who teaches the course!

By Aashish N

Jul 24, 2020

Really good course.It helped me understand concepts related to universe that i always wanted to learn and has helped me develop a good interest in astronomy.

By Hélène C

Jul 8, 2020

I learned a lot with this course, and Professor Murayama has a very lively and clear way to explain things. Thank you very much, I enjoyed this course a lot.

By Mousa A A

Dec 21, 2015

Very good to get general Idea about the big bang, higgs boson, dark matter, dark energy, and antimatter. How were they discovered and what are their effects.

By Naveen P

Jan 6, 2016

Nice course overall. On B-mode polarization, the recent results from the BICEP2 observatory was something that I expected to feature in the course content.

By Rahul K J

Sep 25, 2020

It was thought provoking and interesting lecture. Material was presented in a clear and logical manner. Really enjoyed learning new stuff with instructor.

By Himanshu S K

It is AWESOME.I LOVED IT. It is so informative .thank you hitoshi sir.great job .I would like to visit the places like hyper k .thank you😊😎😀❤❤❤🥰🤩😘😍

By Petar T

Nov 9, 2016

Fantastic course! Awesome professor, very witty humorous and creative in explaining! Big recommendation for this course! Hope to see more like these ones!

By Kunnu K

Jun 13, 2020

Time worth spent. Dr. Maruyama presented the content in a clear and coherent way. It was wonderful to see how his material all stitched in a logical way.

By Ritabrata B

Aug 1, 2020

Every classes were intense and deeply described. The analysis is so good that we have learnt the topic very well. Thanks for such to the point teaching.

By Sidhartha S S

Dec 4, 2018

I personally liked the course very much. Professor Murayama is an exceptionally good teacher. It helped me a lot and above all I loved this this course.

By Luis A G G

Sep 26, 2016

Great course, actually interesting, scientific and very useful for those of us that like science and want to comprehend a little more about our universe

By Mukharbek O

Jan 10, 2016

Strongly recommend to all who interested in astrophysics.

This course is very good for high school students or for students of 1st year at the university

By M M

Mar 25, 2021

A very nice presentation for the physics of the universe from the beginning, the Big Bang, to where we are going, may be the Big Crunch or the Big Rip.

By Angelina R

Aug 17, 2020

I've learned a lot, including the things that you wouldn't find in the regular textbooks. The videos were overall interesting and easy to follow along.

By Tania R Á

Apr 24, 2020

Es un curso que muestra de manera ordenada y "sencilla" como llegamos y todos los avances que han dado lugar al entendimiento (una parte) del Universo.