Back to From the Big Bang to Dark Energy

Learner Reviews & Feedback for From the Big Bang to Dark Energy by The University of Tokyo

We have learned a lot recently about how the Universe evolved in 13.7 billion years since the Big Bang. More than 80% of matter in the Universe is mysterious Dark Matter, which made stars and galaxies to form. The newly discovered Higgs-boson became frozen into the Universe a trillionth of a second after the Big Bang and brought order to the Universe. Yet we still do not know how ordinary matter (atoms) survived against total annihilation by Anti-Matter. The expansion of the Universe started acceleration about 7 billion years ago and the Universe is being ripped apart. The culprit is Dark Energy, a mysterious energy multiplying in vacuum. I will present evidence behind these startling discoveries and discuss what we may learn in the near future. This course is offered in English....

DC
Dec 5, 2019

Professor Hitoshi Murayama is a great lecturer. His passion for the research conducted and explained in the lectures is evident and helped motivate me to complete the course. Absolutely brilliant man!

AA
Apr 17, 2020

I really liked the method of teaching the professor follows.The course helped me to gain insights on the universe. I really liked and hopes that professor would do more online courses in the future.:)

301 - 325 of 820 Reviews for From the Big Bang to Dark Energy

By Joel J

Jul 20, 2021

A​wesome , in getting the intuition for our origin :) , week 4 was a bit tough for me , though I gathered some info :)

By SHREYA M

Sep 13, 2020

Wonderful course. Thanks a lot to Professor Murayama for explaining so clearly. I have enjoyed through out the course.

By Ajinkya G

Apr 10, 2020

I enjoyed this course it helped me a lot in knowing about the things going out in the universe and also about the past

By Danielle S

Jun 10, 2019

Incredibly informative about the history of astronomic discovery, providing just enough information to fuel curiosity.

By Anna K

May 17, 2017

Thank you for such an amazing course! I'm a historian, but this is the most interesting course I've been through here.

By Amanda A

Feb 8, 2021

This course is absolutely fascinating, and totally accessible even for those with no physics or astronomy background!

By Xiaoyao Y

Feb 10, 2016

This course is informative and very interesting, the Professor explains concenpts in a clear way. Thank you so much!

By alina

Oct 31, 2015

Thank you very much. I finally understood the essence of the theory of relativity.It is very very interesting course.

By tina b

May 7, 2020

One of the best courses I´ve taken. For anyone that is interested in the Universe and want to better understand it.

By Elsa B

Sep 16, 2021

I have liked it a lot. It has been useful for learning more about space, big bang and dark energy. I am satisfied.

By Akshay P

Aug 1, 2020

Highly Recommended..!!

Professor Murayama made it very interesting and at the same time quite simple to understand.

By Dmitry

May 26, 2018

This course is one of the most complete and at the same time short set of lectures about physics of the universe.

By Shanti R L

Dec 8, 2015

Inspiring! I love this course, and my deepest thank to the professor for bringing so much insight, wonder and fun

By Tamim M

Nov 17, 2015

Very good and complete course.

After this course you will feel fulfilled and know you have accomplished something.

By Thomas B

Feb 16, 2021

Food for the mind. Some was review since I read everything I can find but I learned new things and I am grateful

By Lorraine M T

Aug 19, 2020

Good course

It was definitely, different but inn a good way. Thank you for enlightening me with these knowledge.

By Juan A

Prof. Hotishi Murayama is an excellent teacher. Passionate, fun and very clear to explain. Thank you very much!

By Ruben S

Dec 21, 2015

Very good course, superbly explained. He really knows his stuff. I'd recommend this course anytime, hands down.

By Irfan R

Jul 1, 2020

Excellent course! Liked Professor Hitoshi Murayama very much, the way he teaches is very simple to understand.

By Balaji D

May 15, 2020

Awesome. Thanks Coursera.. Best part was that I can learn at my own pace and the concepts were well explained.

By ءآلاء ن

Aug 27, 2018

it's so helpful, and actually Dr. murayama became from the most perfect professors I saw in my life, thank you

By Mauricio D

May 14, 2018

Amazing course for those looking to understand the nature and beauty of this universe for what we know so far.

By Mirza L M

Jan 20, 2017

This is an awesome course.The simulation are very practical and helpful. You will know many interesting facts.

By Paras D

Jun 5, 2020

This is an amazing course and is evaluative even for a high school student with no knowledge of mathematics !

By Erick F V

Apr 2, 2016

Excellent, I dont know a lot of word because I speak spanish if the course was in spanish it would be amazing