Back to From the Big Bang to Dark Energy

Learner Reviews & Feedback for From the Big Bang to Dark Energy by The University of Tokyo

We have learned a lot recently about how the Universe evolved in 13.7 billion years since the Big Bang. More than 80% of matter in the Universe is mysterious Dark Matter, which made stars and galaxies to form. The newly discovered Higgs-boson became frozen into the Universe a trillionth of a second after the Big Bang and brought order to the Universe. Yet we still do not know how ordinary matter (atoms) survived against total annihilation by Anti-Matter. The expansion of the Universe started acceleration about 7 billion years ago and the Universe is being ripped apart. The culprit is Dark Energy, a mysterious energy multiplying in vacuum. I will present evidence behind these startling discoveries and discuss what we may learn in the near future. This course is offered in English....

AA

Apr 18, 2020

I really liked the method of teaching the professor follows.The course helped me to gain insights on the universe. I really liked and hopes that professor would do more online courses in the future.:)

DC

Dec 06, 2019

Professor Hitoshi Murayama is a great lecturer. His passion for the research conducted and explained in the lectures is evident and helped motivate me to complete the course. Absolutely brilliant man!

301 - 325 of 730 Reviews for From the Big Bang to Dark Energy

By Yashasvi S

Jun 13, 2020

The Course is descriptive & easy to understand, i now understand my universe better than I did before.

By NIKHIL R

May 12, 2020

Very very interesting course. I loved it. It has lot of information and guide is very much interactive

By Ashutosh S

Sep 06, 2020

excellent course to learn about the origin of the universe and very nicely explained by the professor

By Michael C

Jun 17, 2020

Excellent course with a lot of detailed information. I liked the instructor also Dr. Murayama.

cheers

By Валентина Д

Jul 02, 2020

Interesting and exciting course. Professor Murayama explains everything in a rather simple language.

By Colleen M

Feb 12, 2017

Very interesting course. The Lecturer explained things in simple terms making it easy to understand

By Emilio V B

Aug 13, 2020

A FANTASTIC course, for both those new to the world of modern physics and more experienced learners

By German Q

Oct 03, 2016

Excellent course!

Great updated information with crisp explanations from professor Michihiro Kandori

By Ivanova A

Apr 11, 2019

Amazing! Very Interesting and understandable course! I like the professor fro University of Tokyo

By Nikolay M

Apr 02, 2016

Very good course.

Gives a strong knowledge of space and universe to those who seek that knowledge.

By Riadus S

Jun 27, 2020

That was very impressive. I enjoyed the whole course. Thank you, Professor, thank you, Coursera.

By K S

Jun 11, 2020

A beautiful course which opens new dimensions to space and lesser known facts about the universe

By Mike D

Oct 01, 2015

Great course though at sometimes the images in the background were more distracting than useful.

By Maya C N

May 02, 2020

Very well taught and engaging !! Made even complex notions and theories easily understandable !

By Andrew M

Jun 23, 2018

Very interesting material, and clearly explained, despite some concepts being pretty difficult.

By Claudio M

Jun 01, 2017

A very clear exposition about the evolution of the universe and each one of the new postulates.

By Jagyeswar S

Oct 02, 2020

Thank you so much Hitoshi Murayama Sir for sharing the valuable knowledge through this course.

By No'maan A R

Sep 25, 2020

A great teacher Professor Hitoshi Murayama. Learned a lot. Thanks also to University of Tokyo.

By Carlos R

Jun 11, 2018

Very interesting topics, and the lecturer explains difficult concepts in a easy and clear way.

By Rogerio G B

Sep 05, 2019

The course is fantastic. I got knowledge I didn't have. Congratulations to Professor Hitoshi.

By Robbie Y

May 22, 2020

Pretty solid course, I understood it well even with a limited mathematics/physics background

By Chavarria G

Oct 18, 2019

Congratulations, it was very easy to understand these complex concepts. Thank you very much.

By Adnan S

Sep 08, 2018

I really enjoyed this mooc. I would love to see more courses from professor Hitoshi Murayama

By Rulx N

Oct 15, 2016

Very interresting course! I have learned a ot about the Big Bang processe and the inflation.

By Joydeep S

May 09, 2020

Really very much like classroom content. The lectures and the quizzes are highly standard.