Back to From the Big Bang to Dark Energy

Learner Reviews & Feedback for From the Big Bang to Dark Energy by The University of Tokyo

We have learned a lot recently about how the Universe evolved in 13.7 billion years since the Big Bang. More than 80% of matter in the Universe is mysterious Dark Matter, which made stars and galaxies to form. The newly discovered Higgs-boson became frozen into the Universe a trillionth of a second after the Big Bang and brought order to the Universe. Yet we still do not know how ordinary matter (atoms) survived against total annihilation by Anti-Matter. The expansion of the Universe started acceleration about 7 billion years ago and the Universe is being ripped apart. The culprit is Dark Energy, a mysterious energy multiplying in vacuum. I will present evidence behind these startling discoveries and discuss what we may learn in the near future. This course is offered in English....

AA
Apr 17, 2020

I really liked the method of teaching the professor follows.The course helped me to gain insights on the universe. I really liked and hopes that professor would do more online courses in the future.:)

DC
Dec 5, 2019

Professor Hitoshi Murayama is a great lecturer. His passion for the research conducted and explained in the lectures is evident and helped motivate me to complete the course. Absolutely brilliant man!

201 - 225 of 769 Reviews for From the Big Bang to Dark Energy

By Mullai K

Oct 21, 2020

The best course.loved it.Learnt many things and the prof.was very engaging and explained many concepts in a simpler way that made us understand the concept clearly....

By JohnPerkins

Sep 9, 2020

Totally loved this course. Great teaching and insight from a Professor on top of his game. I did the course to feed my curiosity of all things Astrophysics. Thank you!

By Tim R

Sep 9, 2020

Top course, with easy to understand terminology and calculus. Thanks for explaining complex topics in a understandable way by using metafors out of a normal daily life.

By Joanie G

May 6, 2020

What a wonderful course. Great teacher who explained theory very well with added sense of humour which was very much appreciated. Am only sorry that it came to an end.

By Ken S

Dec 3, 2020

A very good, high level overview. I enjoyed to lecturer's light manner and ability to pass over complexities quickly and stay with the main points of the narrative.

By Savya V M

Aug 25, 2020

too good! describes almost everything about the cosmos from scratch to its most complex and unsolved mysteries. Very happy on the decision to enroll in this course!

By Kai W

Jun 7, 2020

Really good explanations and a nice sense of humor. Appreciate the question at the end of each video that links the videos together to explain the overall question.

By Dry

May 9, 2020

Very informative and useful. I'm only 15 and I can understand all of this with clarity. Would be better if it was updated as whole instead of adding extra lectures.

By Alexandra H

Jun 13, 2017

What a great way to learn a lot about the Universe in a short space of time. Well done to Professor Hitoshi Murayama for putting together such a stimulating course!

By Hailey Z

Sep 2, 2020

Very GOOD lectures!!!! I respect Prof. Hitoshi Miruyama for his persuit of knowing more about universe. Hope I will be on the road pursuing real science someday: )

By Hippocrates N

Apr 25, 2016

Immensely enjoyed a highly technical course diligently presented in a very comprehensive way. It answered many questions I had in my mind but had not been answered

By Akash R

Aug 4, 2020

I have learned a lot from this course.

I love the presentations and the way of teaching, it's just priceless!

I have my love and respect for Sir.

Thank You So Much!

By Laith M

Jul 25, 2020

Awesome, engaging course with a professor who is brilliant at explaining and simplifying things and certain phenomena which are intrinsically so complex. 5 stars

By Amrit K

May 3, 2020

I really liked the way of teaching the professor follows.

This course helped me to gain more knowledge about the origin of universe and also about the fate of it.

By Aman

Apr 29, 2020

Best course I found on Coursera !!

Extremely well presented and ably suited for those who don't have any mathematical background! Must take course for everybody.

By Adèle G

Jan 21, 2021

Very interesting course with different levels so it’s never boring. Loved the professor !! He speaks really clearly and he is friendly. I recommend this course

By Ken S

Dec 28, 2015

Great course, the professor keeps it straightforward, interesting and fun/light-hearted. Highly recommend it to anyone new to Cosmology and particle physics.

By yui k

Jun 23, 2020

Loved this course so much. He is so talented in teaching difficult concepts in plain words. Also, I am so proud of being a Japanese. Japan did a great job.

By Gerben K

Jan 9, 2021

Great course for beginners to look and think about the beginning and evolution of our Universe and possible ending! Great Professor, who teaches the course!

By Aashish N

Jul 24, 2020

Really good course.It helped me understand concepts related to universe that i always wanted to learn and has helped me develop a good interest in astronomy.

By Hélène C

Jul 8, 2020

I learned a lot with this course, and Professor Murayama has a very lively and clear way to explain things. Thank you very much, I enjoyed this course a lot.

By Mousa A A

Dec 21, 2015

Very good to get general Idea about the big bang, higgs boson, dark matter, dark energy, and antimatter. How were they discovered and what are their effects.

By Naveen M P

Jan 6, 2016

Nice course overall. On B-mode polarization, the recent results from the BICEP2 observatory was something that I expected to feature in the course content.

By Rahul K J

Sep 25, 2020

It was thought provoking and interesting lecture. Material was presented in a clear and logical manner. Really enjoyed learning new stuff with instructor.

By Himanshu S K

It is AWESOME.I LOVED IT. It is so informative .thank you hitoshi sir.great job .I would like to visit the places like hyper k .thank you😊😎😀❤❤❤🥰🤩😘😍