Back to From the Big Bang to Dark Energy

Learner Reviews & Feedback for From the Big Bang to Dark Energy by The University of Tokyo

We have learned a lot recently about how the Universe evolved in 13.7 billion years since the Big Bang. More than 80% of matter in the Universe is mysterious Dark Matter, which made stars and galaxies to form. The newly discovered Higgs-boson became frozen into the Universe a trillionth of a second after the Big Bang and brought order to the Universe. Yet we still do not know how ordinary matter (atoms) survived against total annihilation by Anti-Matter. The expansion of the Universe started acceleration about 7 billion years ago and the Universe is being ripped apart. The culprit is Dark Energy, a mysterious energy multiplying in vacuum. I will present evidence behind these startling discoveries and discuss what we may learn in the near future. This course is offered in English....

AA
Apr 17, 2020

I really liked the method of teaching the professor follows.The course helped me to gain insights on the universe. I really liked and hopes that professor would do more online courses in the future.:)

DC
Dec 5, 2019

Professor Hitoshi Murayama is a great lecturer. His passion for the research conducted and explained in the lectures is evident and helped motivate me to complete the course. Absolutely brilliant man!

76 - 100 of 805 Reviews for From the Big Bang to Dark Energy

By Raniero F

Jul 16, 2020

My sincere compliments Prof. Murayama.

I had not yet found someone capable of explaining often complicated concepts in such a simple way.

I hope I will have the opportunity and the honor to shake your hand one day.

Thank you again from the bottom of my heart.

Kindest regards

raniero

oreinar[at]yahoo[dot]it

By medhavini U

Aug 18, 2020

this is the best course i have done so far. i learnt a lot of new things and this course has also made me realize how much i love to learn about the universe . the difficulty level from a grade 11 point of view would be easy (but only if u have an interest in the universe) otherwise medium difficulty.

By Taniya I

Sep 18, 2020

It's really an amazing course which helped me to create a broader vision about the universe we are living.

I think it's a great blessing to study such a wonderful course under the supervision of a talented proffessor.

THANKS A LOT;Proffesor.Hitoshi Murayama.

Hope to see you in the near future.........!

By Miriam P S

May 29, 2017

The course is on a very complex and difficult subject, yet professor Itoshi uses very good examples to relate the material to daily life making comprehension more accessible.

It is on the cutting edge of discoveries and knowledge on the subject, so it brings you to the front line of the big picture.

By Andrea

Oct 9, 2020

I never thought that I’d be able to grasp the complexity of the Universe. In such a short period, I learned more than I do in school. I highly recommend this course to people who are innately curious about life. It clearly intertwines the macroscopic and microscopic universe into one whole concept.

By Egor P

Jan 8, 2017

Для того чтобы мочь объективно мыслить нужно понимать мир вокруг себя. Его устройство. Курс дает понимание происхождения вселенной благодаря самым последним знаниям в науке. Что такое темная материя, бозон Хиггса , антиматерия, реликтовое излучение и прочие понятия сделавшие нас с вами реальностью.

By Meha D

Jun 8, 2020

It was really an amazing experience. Learnt a lot from this course. My interest in astronomy has increased exponentially. This course was fascinating, and professor was quite knowledgeable and everyone interested in space, astronomy or the physics behind the universe, MUST take this course. Kudos.

By Muhammad S N

Apr 20, 2020

I really enjoyed this course and definitely have a dream to pursue a career in cosmology or astrophysics or even particle physics in this regard. Professor Muryama explained the complex problems of the physics domain in a way, a person without high level of academics in physics would understand.

By SIRIPURAM S B

Jun 4, 2020

Such an amazing course. Professor made all the lectures interesting with his presentation skills and lecture content. Even a normal person with a basic knowledge of general science can understand the course. Thanks for teaching me about my ancestors and what happens to my further generations :)

By ACHAL D

Aug 4, 2020

Great course ! It made my brain think in the ways it never thought before. Professor Murayama really knows how to teach difficult concepts in entertaining ways. It has completely changed the way i used see the night sky. I feel lucky to have come across this course. Thank You Coursera !

By Pisavadia P A

Jun 19, 2020

It was an amazing experience to delve into the past From Big bang to till today.

Everything were made simple to understand. But at some points it was a bit harder to catch up but its how hard it is to go in depth without the basics yet Prof. Hitoshi Murayama made it simple to understand.

By Francis S

Jul 7, 2019

Very impressive, gave a insight into an area of physics I originally wasn’t interested in but now want to study further. I enjoyed the lectures and the questions were also a nice challenge. Overall I strongly recommend this course if you enjoy Physics and are curious about our universe!

By Ioannis P

Nov 19, 2020

Very explanatory. Congratulations Professor Murayama. Your lectures are very lively and make it easier to understand those incredibly complex stuff about the Universe. The quizes were also fantastic and helped me understand the theory even better.Thank you !!!!

Arigato

Ioannis Papaletsos

By Eugenio R E

Apr 10, 2020

Great introductory course !! Thanks a lot for sharing and explaining all the progress that there has been, and the even greater unknowns and challanges still ahead, so as to continue to unravel the great misteries of this beatiful and huuuuge Universe..... Congratulations once more !!

By William B K

Feb 12, 2021

Good course. Suggest course be revised or updated every 3-5 years. Also, it would be helpful if there was recommended reading material (links) or course-specific information prepared for course. Caltech and University of Arizona courses do a good job providing additional information.

By Abhishek B

Feb 23, 2021

It is a very fascinating course about everything that is known about the universe. Professor Murayama explains all the difficult physical theories so beautifully. This course teaches everything from how the day and night happens to the ultimate fate of our universe. Amazing course!!

By Valerio R

Jan 3, 2019

The perfect course for a overall introduction to the astronomy and astro-physics. It's simple for student with a technical / maths background and very interesting. At the end of the course, I know a lot more about the past and the future of our universe (and a lot of other things)

By fabio a

Oct 15, 2017

The course is really excellent as an introduction to modern cosmological theories. All the concepts are presented in a clear way. Prof. Murayama is really a gret ommuincator and I learned many interesting things. I warmly recommend this course to anyone is a physics enthusiast.

By Liz C

Thank you Professor Murayama, I found this a really useful introduction to lots of concepts that I'd heard of but never properly understood. I have no science background, never mind physics, but found the lectures and tests a good balance between accessibility and challenge.

By Guillermo A D

Nov 10, 2020

Beyond my expectations. Sublime exposure by great Profesor Murayama. This course has of course expanded my knowledge about Nature and our Universe. Explendid comunicator. Although some basic physics concepts are needed to follow some parts of the lectures. Thank you so much.

By Beatriz F

Aug 14, 2020

Simplesmente incrível! Sempre fui fascinada pelo universo e todos os seus mistérios, nesse curso pude desvendar muitos deles! O professor é excepcional, traz diversas analogias para facilitar o entendimento da matéria. Meu amor e curiosidade por essa área cresceu ainda mais!

By Saurabh B

Mar 31, 2020

I learned a lot from Prof. Murayama, a very nice and learned teacher having deep knowledge in his field as well as all of cosmology. Very thankful to both the University of Tokyo as well as Coursera for providing such a knowledgeable and useful course, that too at own pace.

By David J

Apr 7, 2021

A fascinating course giving glimpses into the on-going story of our universe. Left me wanting to learn more about it, which is always a good sign! As a beginner I found the lectures clear and well-presented, though I admit I found some of the Quizzes fiendishly difficult!

By Dishank M

Apr 7, 2020

What a wonderfull experience it has been! I had always been fascinated to learn about cosmology. I had ideas about the basics, but this course strengthened and expanded the roots. And I understood that the learning curve is huge. Huge thanks to the brilliant professor.

By A W

Nov 7, 2017

The subject matter was explained very well. I appreciated the additional readings mentioned in the forum. If you want a general course on cosmology this is it. I will be taking more courses on this topic. Thank you Dr. Murayama for the very interesting lectures.